News Parents sue school over son's 'WiFi Allergy'

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by kinneyjames, Sep 15, 2015.

1. kinneyjames

kinneyjames Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/09/14/parents-sue-school-over-son-s-wifi-allergy.html

[​IMG]

A Massachusetts family is suing their son’s school because, they say, he has a condition called electromagnetic hypersensitivity. The thing making him sick, they claim? The school’s WiFi.
    In the spring of 2013, a young boy at a prestigious Massachusetts grade school began coming home with headaches, itchy skin, and a rash. It was a mild start to a mystery illness that would later bring serious symptoms—prompting his parents to sue the school over what, they believe, is making him ill: WiFi.

According to the 45-page complaint filed this summer, G’s* symptoms always emerged during school hours, then slowly disappeared once he got home. On weekends and holidays, they were all but nonexistent; but as soon as he’d get back in the classroom, they would return. In 2014, they started to get worse. Headaches and itchy skin gave way to nosebleeds, dizziness, heart palpitations, and nausea.

When his condition stumped doctors, his parents “commenced research” of their own. According to the complaint, The Fay School, where G had been a student since 2009, had installed a stronger wireless Internet service in the spring of 2013—the same time he showed symptoms. After linking the two, his mother concluded that he had “electromagnetic hypersensitivity (EHS),” a host of symptoms allegedly caused by exposure to electromagnetic fields. Fay’s sophisticated WiFi system, she decided, was making him sick.

G’s parents say Fay should switch to Ethernet or find a way to lower emissions in order to accommodate his EHS, which they argue is a disability. The case is unprecedented, not simply because two parents are suing a school over WiFi, but that the condition at the crux of their case (EHS) remains, largely, a mystery. The decision has implications not just for New England schools’ Internet procedures, but the rest of America’s too.

more at link

2. Snort

Snort Something witty Gold

Reputations:
    Holy shit! The new American Dream.... a lawsuit.

3. kinneyjames

kinneyjames Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Tuition at The Fay School

Day Students
    Pre-Kindergarten (Half Day) $13,500
    Pre-Kindergarten (Full Day) $21,900
    Kindergarten $23,400
    Grade 1 $25,500
    Grade 2 $27,650
    Grades 3 and 4 $30,000
    Grades 5 and 6 $34,410
    Grades 7 and 8 $36,550
    Grade 9 $38,290

Domestic Boarding Students (7-Day)
    Grades 7 and 8 $61,660
    Grade 9 $63,400

Domestic Boarding Students (5-Day)
    Grades 7 and 8 $55,450
    Grade 9 $57,190

International Boarding Students
    Grades 7 and 8 $64,520
    Grade 9 $66,260

International Boarding Students - ESL
    Grades 7 and 8 $67,780
    Grade 9 $69,520

PI Nate, jeff1234, Getoninja and 3 others like this.
  4. cygnus2112

cygnus2112 In The Prep Room

Reputations:
    its funny, I had almost the same symptoms every day in school too.
    it was made up of course, and it would disappear almost immediately after getting home, leaving early, vacations, summer, holidays.
    so weird.
    its called faking.

Lemmy, Wiggy, Tracy and 15 others like this.
  5. DuckDong

DuckDong VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Meanwhile the kid is probably downing Gatorade and Skittles which have enough oil in them to power a Jeep.

Seriously people need to look at food coloring that shit is nasty and its everywhere.

6. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Sure why not

Bye You! and IfTheyOnlyKnew like this.
  7. sstressed

sstressed enhancement toker VIP

Reputations:
    if indeed this one child is affected by wifi, his caring mother should remove him from the school. but no, everybody else must suffer because ONE kid has a problem. i'm so tired of this nonsense.

if one kid has an allergy to peanuts, some parents think peanuts should be outlawed in their school. i think these people are greedy fucks and should make accommodations for their child with the unusual condition.

i do wonder about wifi and have read some of the concerns, so i turn off my wifi every night and don't keep the phone near my head when i sleep. :nooo:

8. PSU Shower Room

PSU Shower Room Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Fuck this kid's parents.

Might as well make his room a Faraday Cage and have him live in it the rest of his life.

9. smichal

smichal A1 Dick Game

Reputations:
    how about changing schools?

10. yaddc

yaddc Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    1800 lawyer yes you do have a claim. We all no money cures every thing. If you dont like the system Home school him or her.

11. vaporizer

vaporizer Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This isn't so new. This has been a big "goal" for many for the last 20 or so years, especially with all this allergy bull shit. It's actualy fucked up to bring a peanut butter and jelly sandwich to school in 2015. Fucking lame.

I'm allergic to ass hole parents that have nothing better to do than come up with ways to make a quick buck rather than work. It seems like they all went to High Pitch Eric University.

12. Tipsey Russell

Tipsey Russell VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    if you're actually allergic to wifi then you should probably move to Alaska or Wyoming or something

because that shit ain't going away in any place where people live in any actual numbers

13. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    Each classroom door at my kids preschool has a list of the kids with allergies and what their allergies are, asking the parents to avoid sending those items with lunch.

14. Nick Manning

Nick Manning Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:

15. lestanyonethink

lestanyonethink Hey, how do I know Connie? VIP Gold

Reputations:
    :backlol2::rofl:

Scarlett Ohara and vaporizer like this.
  16. captbill

captbill Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Buy a large roll of aluminum foil for your hats. :) (Hint: I just yanking your chain.)

I am responsible for my kid, not anyone else. I have a daughter that has a severe peanut allergy. I love a PBnJ sandwich. So what did I do? I just made sure she was not near the stuff. No big thing. I also taught her to not accept any food from anyone else but me and her mother unless we said it was OK. Yes, it was me that taught her that, not her mother.

Tracy, IfTheyOnlyKnew and Pooh bear like this.
  17. OneBallBelz

OneBallBelz Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Just talking about this one.

18. vaporizer

vaporizer Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'm not some kind of weird Constitutional rights watch dog, but are the parents really okay with having their kids personal information up on the door like that?

I mean, I know it's being done in their best interest, but it just seems strange.

And if it were me, I wouldn't give a fuck about that list. Kids need to be taught from a young age how to act socially and if that means telling them to keep their hands to themselves and to not eat other kids lunches, then so be it.

Beth sucks donkey balls.

I don't know why I just said that. I think it's because I'm caught on a Tuesday morning railing on about preschool kids and allergies.

19. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    I assume they run it by the parents before they post it. It's for the school's liability protection as well, if they have a substitute or a parent volunteer it makes them aware of the issue. Some of these kids are only two so they aren't able to fully understand their condition.

20. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...sounds like he needs an affluenza shot.

[​IMG]

Mike Huntslooce and Bye You! like this.