Parting Twats

Discussion in 'The Artie Lange Show' started by Peau de Soie, Apr 29, 2014.

1. Peau de Soie

Peau de Soie Edit Button? Thanks LaserTilt!

Reputations:
    [​IMG] Artie Lange ‏@artiequitter 9h
    Don't think I'm pompous for retweeting positive stuff. I need them tonight. Thx guys. I will see u all soon love ya!

Retweeted by Artie Lange

[​IMG] C L 37 sam ‏@CarlosL37115864 11h

@artiequitter You are a big fat stupid pig no wonder they dumped your whale ass

Collapse

Retweeted by Artie Lange

[​IMG] Shoe Matter ‏@shoematter 11h
    @artiequitter You are only 46?!? You are so fucked!

Retweeted by Artie Lange
    [​IMG] AJ Natale ‏@ajnatale 6h

@artiequitter thanks for playing #rodfrombayside in farewell show. I laughed so hard
    from Warren, OH

2. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
  3. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
  4. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
  5. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
  6. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
  7. release

release New Member

Reputations:
    I'm EMOTIONAL. I am sad the show is gone. I am getting rid of DirecTV as soon as my contract is up because the show is gone. This show was a daily part of my life for over 2 years.

Even though I expressed my displeasure at what ALS has become, which would probably also kill Lou Gehrig if he was still around, I watched. When I couldn't watch, I listened. Even though what drew me to the show (the combination of 2 comics I love and respect) disappeared only after a few months, I stuck around in hope that it will make me laugh. The dwindling percentage that the show would make me laugh was what drew me in and made me persevere.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
  8. Death Smack

Death Smack Active Member

Reputations:
    I feel the same, I kept watching in hope the show would take a turn for the better, I damn near turned it off the first week after they fired Nick but I kept hoping for the better
    I also liked the daily listening threads on this site, most of us bitched but we kept watching and hoping though

9. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    I know I know, just busting your balls a little. I'm sad too but I'm a hardened Internet tough guy you know. And Art really does make it hard to feel for him after the 22nd or 23rd disappoint/rinse/repeat cycle. He is obviously entirely to blame, lousy guests/format notwithstanding.

Anyway I was just surprised because we usually put some wisecracks in. Not that I should talk as I don't even Twat...

As a big fan of his talent I do commiserate with you, I will miss hearing him daily, and I'm sorry Artie fucked you over. (You'll get used to it.). :)

10. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    Oh, and just for some perspective, release, I was a lot like you, until I took an arr... I mean, when I first came to Dawg's, still a Stern listener, I actively avoided the Nick and Artie for a while, because I had been so traumatized by Artie's horrible Stern show exit. I "cared" about him and didn't want to go through another emotional roller coaster.

I finally turned a switch in my head and realized what I've told you before; that Artie doesn't give a shit about himself or us, and I could just take what he had to offer professionally, at face value, for as long as it lasted. (At its worst it was still better listening than the Stern show.)

And here we are.

11. release

release New Member

Reputations:
    Yeah, the name "Peau de Soie" screams "cyberthug". Which reminds me that Jerry Minor guest-hosts and plays a character on CBB called "Cyberthug" that is fucking hilarious.

ARM gave you a shoutout on last night's show (Hour 2, middle after Alaa gets on) and pronounced it weird.

12. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    Oh cool, thanks, I'm not up to that part yet. He dropped my name once before, and I actually tried to correct him here, but it wasn't worth bothering him about it. It really is a pretty stupid handle. :)

13. Chucky

Chucky Member

Reputations:
    What a fucking shame this is. I don't think I enjoyed a radio show more than Nick & Artie (the October 2011 - August 2012 incarnation) and to watch it come to this is sad. I stopped listening during the summer. I actually thought the show turned the corner around May-June, but after the summer break it went back to shit and I was done at that point. Dumping Nick and replacing him via Ritchie and Bocchetti was a disaster. Make what you will of Nick's politics, but he was a perfect co-host for Artie, those shows from the summer of 2012 are still fucking hysterical, but once they stepped into the new studio it slowly started turning to shit. The show became way too politically correct, faggot guests...female comedians...the show completely jumped the shark.

Hopefully Artie ends up back with Nick on his podcast, which is great by the way.

14. Asshat

Asshat Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Is this like a catchall farewell thread. I don't know, I'm pretty mixed up about all this right now. Good memories from the original N&A, the first couple months. Nice coaches, Mike Tyson-Notting Hill, hell I even miss when they kept playing that Bobby Valentine "I invented the wrap sandwich" clip. Stuff was just way funnier back then. Artie could kill the room with just a well-timed "Nick, your thoughts?" Merciless ripping on gay Falatto. Even the early Brock stuff, I remember him doing an Andre the Giant--"I like to eat a midget"--I lost my shit. Even Artie's bad Jay'Z song parody. Ryan Seacrest's "special water" rant. Lots of really fun times back then.

15. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    Wasn't intended that way exactly; I was just reposting twatterings from the twattosphere. But have at it. There will probably be a few more memorial / postmortem threads before we all slink away into the four winds.

Sounds as if you and release need a little time with Dr. Drew to get over the loss. :)

16. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    JTBO really letting it flow...

Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
  17. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    It should go without saying, but my absolute balls out favorite among these twattenings is Norm's post above.

18. Chucky

Chucky Member

Reputations:
    Yes the "Nick/Dan, your thoughts?" use to kill me, same with the Falatto Gelato bit. Andre the Gay Giant was funny as shit, I remember when he said that I was stoned as fuck and I died laughing. I'm glad I still have old N&A on my computer.

19. Rmdw34

Rmdw34 Member

Reputations:
  20. jaceson

jaceson Member

Reputations:
    Cool of James to acknowledge that Artie is more of a #2 guy..

I wonder if the direction of the show was the real reason that Nick left? I think we can all agree that the guests and tone that they tried to go for was a failure for the most part. Ken Kohls doing???