Pat Robertson tells woman to get over her husband's cheating.. "Well, He's A Man"

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by chapped, May 16, 2013.

1. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    So its cool to cheat!

So when you girl catches you cheating tell them Pat said 'well I am just a man':cheer:

Pat Robertson Tells Wife Of Cheating Husband To Be Grateful For Marriage, Make Home Enticing

[video=youtube;k_n-q_0qej4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=k_n-q_0qej4[/video]

2. Gena

Gena Member

Reputations:
    How anyone with half a functioning brain cell can still think this creepy old bastard is a real minister of gods word or a spokesman for christians is beyond me. Hes outta his fuckin mind! This son of a bitch disgusts me. Remember folks, this is the same guy who said its ok to dump a spouce who has alzhimers, and that a woman shouldnt attend her sisters " wedding" cause it was gonna be a lesbian marriage, and that ppl like those in nola and hati deserved the quakes and floods etc cause they are all sinners. Hes probably hiding more secret sins than 80 percent of the crack whores in your local towns! Dont take anything this asshole says as good advice or let it make you judge all christians just cause of the senile ol shit he spews. Hes getting crazier every year. And the folks who actually write and e mail this prick for advice would be better asking the local wino on the street, my god ppl, get some advice from a real minister, or better yet pray and do what you think in your heart is right instead of listening to some greedy gus like this!

3. stripes

stripes Active Member Banned User

Reputations:
    finally he talks sense...thought he was dead, musta been that other one:dontknow:

4. KillVampires

KillVampires Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    Kinison was like these guys in more ways than one it seems.

5. itpdude

itpdude New Member

Reputations:
    Hate to say it, Robertson has a point in that the wife needs to move on. I'd add the caveat of if she can't get past her husband's cheating than she needs to divorce him.

6. zerokarma

zerokarma Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Pat Robertson has always said wacked out crazy things, he's a nut and I am not sure how he has been able to stay on the air for so long, people like him need to die off.

I wonder if he would have the same view if you reversed the genders, would he say the same thing if the wife was cheating? You could make similar arguments, she raises your kids, she cooks your meals, she keeps the house clean, etc.

7. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    Basically, he's telling her to be thankful a man supports her and to stop focusing on the 800-pound gorilla in the room. :facepalm:

8. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    BTW, when the hell did this air? I'd love to send a link of it to media outlets. :jj:

9. chapped

Reputations:
  10. chapped

Reputations:
    here he blames ugly women for fucked up marriages

[video=youtube;sPX1wu0GFTI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPX1wu0GFTI[/video]

11. itpdude

itpdude New Member

Reputations:
    Two ways to look at it: One is what you say and the other is to focus on the positive rather than the negative.

I took it this way: The husband cheated, he no longer cheats, but the wife cannot get over it and constantly holds it over the husband's head. Now Robertson is telling her to focus on the many positives rather than the one transgression.

And really, is that bad advice? Have you ever screwed up in a major way, made amends, and still had the transgression held over your head? It's not fair.

12. Kool

Kool Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Kooky old fck, only fellow kooks would listen to him....And when people say "just pray" it means "you're not going to do doing anything"

13. chapped

Reputations:
    I hear ya man.. but do you think he would say the same to a man asking about his cheating wife?

14. racerx

racerx New Member

Reputations:
    yes. its bad advice.
    lol @ the person who was cheated on is the one not being fair.

if he truly loved her, he would break up with her so she doesnt have to be with a cheater anymore, and can find someone better.

15. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    That's one thing. The other thing is that Robertson actually made excuses for the behavior, as if she's somehow stupid for not knowing this.

16. Mike

Mike 'Merica Gold

Reputations:
    his black female co-host, has to secretly be disgusted by him right?

17. itpdude

itpdude New Member

Reputations:
    We know what to do with cheating wives:

[​IMG]

18. basketcase

basketcase Pissed that Naz only has 2 legs

Reputations:
    This guy is a sicko. If my husband was cheating on me and came home and told me that I should deal with it, its my fault he roamed and that I should appreciate what he does for me... :mad:

I tell you what!

19. ilovebacon

ilovebacon Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Robertson to God: "Hey man, fuck that seventh commandment!" :facepalm:

20. Chimney Portions

Chimney Portions I drink cum Banned User

Reputations:
    I actually agree with you. Sure the guy apologized and stopped, but she still has to live with the fact that he fucked around on her and, no matter how sincere he was and how faithful he is from there on, she'll always have to wrestle with doubt and suspicion.

So she should have to deal with hauntings the affair left her and shut up about it, but he shouldn't have to deal with any lingering consequences because he apologized and stopped the behavior? Yeah, that doesn't seem fair at all either.

If somebody I dated ever cheated on me, she'd be gone. I could never deal with that. And if I was a Christian and locked into the idea that marriage is sacred and 'til death, that'd be shear hell.