Patrice O'Neal Defends Don Imus on Hannity & Colmes

Discussion in 'The Anthony Cumia Show' started by Nemo, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    :c
    [video=youtube;vW01Cn_qzj0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW01Cn_qzj0[/video]

Marc Lamont Hill is a douche bag

2. yaddc

yaddc Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    i just never got the guy . o well i guess my lost.they salute the guy like he was mr. show business.

3. I invented that

I invented that VIP Extreme Gold POTY Politics

Reputations:
    patrice's best tv appearance.

[video=youtube;fjIuPSuYSOY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjIuPSuYSOY&app=desktop[/video]

Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
  4. Kilroy

Kilroy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Go find Jay Mohr's podcast "Mohr Stories", he did an interview with Patrice literally a month or so before he had his stroke. It's maybe the best podcast episode I ever listened to. He was really introspective and Jay kept hammering him on why he was so self-destructive with his career. Patrice had a gig on "The Office", it was a small role but it got him exposure and stuff, and out of the blue a few seasons in Patrice just said "Fuck it" and quit. He said something like he just didn't like it so why bother. Jay kept pointing out to him that in that business you HAVE to do a few things you don't like so you can do a LOT of stuff you DO like, it's a give and take. Right near the end of the interview you can tell that Patrice finally sort of got and said like "You know what, you're right..I'm a screw up" or something like that. It was a REAL interview, got pretty deep, great stuff. To know that he died a few months later is wild. Jay put it back up a month or so ago so it's there if you go to iTunes, seriously, whether you like Patrice or not, get that podcast and listen to it..

5. TSSTaylor

TSSTaylor Active Member

Reputations:
    That clip is awesome. I'm bummed I got into O&A right around when he died.

6. newcastlefan

newcastlefan גֵּרְשֹׁם VIP

Reputations:
    i used to see Imus walking through riverside park in a leisure suit, scaring the little children and puppies along the way. you mean Imus isn't an angry old man anymore?