Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen Not Returning for Next 'X-Men' Film

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by boognishstern, Jan 17, 2015.

1. boognishstern

boognishstern Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    bummer:down:

Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen Not Returning for Next 'X-Men' Film

Stewart's Professor X and McKellen's Magneto won't appear in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' as franchise refocuses on the reboot cast
    By Daniel Kreps | January 17, 2015
    [​IMG]
    Sir Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart attend the UK Premiere of 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' at Odeon Leicester Square on May 12, 2014 in London, England. Mike Marsland/WireImage
    2014's X-Men: Days of Future Past ingeniously combined the Marvel cinematic franchise's past and future by having actors from both the original series and the reboot duke it out in a time-twisting "exhilarating rush," as Peter Travers wrote in his review of the film. However, despite the success of the "spectacular" sequel, it appears that the next X-Men film will once again only focus on the New Class cast that features James McAvoy, Michael Fassbinder and Jennifer Lawrence.

On Larry King Now, Patrick Stewart was asked whether he'd be returning to the franchise for 2016's X-Men: Apocalypse, and the actor revealed that his Professor X and Ian McKellen's Magneto were both written out of sequel. "I was learning quite a lot more about it last night, and it is going to be looking very much at the earlier lives of all our characters. And so I don't think we'll be making an appearance," Stewart told King (via Yahoo Movies). "Nor Sir Ian McKellen, either."

Just because Stewart won't reprise his Professor X in X-Men: Apocalypse, the door remains open for the actor to step back into the role in any number of the upcoming X-Men-related films on the horizon, including Channing Tatum's planned Gambit movie, the Deadpool film starring Ryan Reynolds and the post-Apocalypse X-Men films, Variety reports.

The Bryan Singer-directed X-Men: Apocalypse, which adapts the popular comic book storyline of En Sabah Nur and his Four Horsemen, will hit theaters May 27, 2016 with Star Wars: The Force Awakens star Oscar Isaac in the role of the main antagonist.

2. Nikki

Nikki growing a tail

Reputations:
    I haven't seen these shows, but Ian McKellen almost didn't return to do the last 2 Hobbit movies. His age and the grueling travel were a part of it. I'm glad they talked him into it and got him a double or two.

Guacamole and boognishstern like this.
  3. Dick Fitzwell

Dick Fitzwell Opinions are like assholes ... and so am I

Reputations:
    This is a bit of a side rant, but how idiotic is it that we are expected to place "sir" in front of someone's name?
    The guy's an actor ... it's not like he's saving lives or some shit.

4. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

boognishstern likes this.
  5. Murcielago

Murcielago Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

Reputations:
    I could hardly believe they managed to get Christopher Lee into the last movie, the man is 92.

Nikki and boognishstern like this.
  6. boognishstern

Reputations:
  7. NyMarkNy

NyMarkNy VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Ryan Reynolds as deadpool is HORRIBLE casting. Some faggot thinking he's funny with stupid quips and that beady eyed deadpan look following. He looks like the Canadians in the South Park movie. Deadpool is a dark mofo assassin but instead it's gonna be van wilder mixed with Reynolds from the horrible blade movie mixing horrible acting with shitty deadpan one liners.

8. NyMarkNy

NyMarkNy VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Also the original xmen movies were bad, 1 was barely ok, outside of wolverine and professor x who were awesome. But not very good movies.

The 2 new movies ruled however

9. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:

i fucking hate that dickhead is playing Deadpool...
    fuck him..

10. Mr Pink

Mr Pink Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Just finished watching Days of Future Past and thought it was pretty damn good.

Only problem is that whenever Jennifer Lawrence has a scene, it's totally fucking distracting. So hot. Sort of makes me temporarily insane every time she is on screen -- especially after having seen the fappening pics.

Also completely hot is Jean Gray (Famke Jansen).

Really liked the movie.

11. Donkeyboy2190

Donkeyboy2190 Never earned a dimes

Reputations:
    Those two are absolutely awesome!

Mulletude and boognishstern like this.
  12. rolltide

rolltide Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Judging by these photos......I'm thinking there's been a couple of cocks (or more) that have been sucked by these two.

13. Captain

Captain Alto, Blanco y Guapo Gold

Reputations:
    I'm ruined on P. Stewart after those FUCKING ANNOYING car rental commercials: "You go business pro, you go."

His voice is now like a herd of long-clawed cats being dragged across a highway of chalk-boards to me.

14. dexterdog

dexterdog Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    They do look like a couple of ageing cock-gobbling British dandies don't they ? :giggle:

rolltide likes this.
  15. boognishstern

Reputations:
  16. boognishstern

Reputations:
    ian mckellen has been an out well known fruit for decades, patrick stewart is straight "allegedly"...i think he is though.

It's a Big Apple bromance! Sir Ian McKellen and Sir Patrick Stewart take their friendship on tour of New York... wearing bowler hats

They are hands down the coolest – and cutest – best friends around.

And Sir Ian McKellen and Sir Patrick Stewart’s bromance only grew stronger during the months they starred together on Broadway.

In the run up to the final performance of No Man’s Land and Waiting For Godot, which took place on Sunday, Patrick shared photos of the pair playing tourists in New York.

[​IMG]
    +12
    Best tourists ever?: Sir Patrick Stewart (L) and Sir Ian McKellen shared sightseeing photos while in New York

Over the course of a few days, the X-Men co-stars slipped on a pair of bowler hats and went to see the sights, resulting in some hilarious pictures.

The pair went up the Empire State Building where they made sure to hang onto their hats, and also mimicked the Statue of Liberty while standing in front of a miniature replica of it.

That same day, Patrick, 73, and Ian, 74, visited Madame Tussauds where they posed in front of a poster of the Duchess of Cambridge’s waxwork.

[​IMG]
    +12
    Hat's amore: The best friends explored the city wearing bowler hats, which they had to hold on tight to at the top of the Empire State Building

[​IMG]
    +12
    New York state of mind: The X-Men stars, who were appearing on Broadway together, posed with a replica of the Statue of Liberty

[​IMG]
    +12
    Hold on tight: The best friends acted scared while on the Wonder Wheel during a day at Coney Island

The close friends did all kinds of different activities during their excursions, including pretending to talk on public phones to each other and renting bikes.

Lord Of The Rings actor Ian and Star Trek alum posed in front of the Village Voice newspaper offices and The Stonewall Inn tavern while holding hands during one outing.

Ian, who officiated Patrick’s marriage to Sunny Ozell in September, and his best pal enjoyed a day at Coney Island.

[​IMG]
    +12
    Catching up: Patrick, 73, and Ian, 74, love to make their fans happy by sharing silly photos on social media

[​IMG]
    +12
    Having a ball: During their time at Coney Island the pair played arcade games and Ian showed off his juggling skills

[​IMG]
    +12
    Making the most of it: Patrick and Ian wanted to explore New York while also promoting their shows No Man's Land and Waiting For Godot

No doubt fans of the veteran stars will be wishing they could have joined in the fun.

In images posted on Patrick’s Twitter page, Ian was seen juggling while the duo played arcade games, and they also posed on the boardwalk.

The friends later went on the Wonder Wheel where they pretended to be terrified and held onto each other.

Following the end of the run of their critically acclaimed shows, it is believed that the Brits will leave New York.

[​IMG]
    +12
    'Bum!': Star Trek alum Patrick picked an interesting caption for this shot of him and Ian posing behind a statue

[​IMG]
    +12
    A royal affair: Before a trip to Madame Tussauds the pals posed in front of a poster of the Duchess of Cambridge's waxwork

[​IMG]
    +12
    You've got a friend in me: Fortunately the actors won't be apart for long because they will likely soon start promoting their movie X-Men: Days Of Future Past, which comes out next month

They will no doubt soon be travelling to promote their movie X-Men: Days Of Future Past, which is out on May 23 in the US and May 22 in the UK.

The stars discussed their bromance, and the positive reaction to the funny photos they post on social media, during a recent interview with Buzzfeed Brews.

'It has taken me by surprise, anyway, the response to the two of us doing silly photographs in exciting places and helping promote our show,' Patrick said.

Ian then joked: ‘Ever since Patrick asked me to marry him in the summer, we couldn't have been closer, could we?'

[​IMG]
    +12
    Read all about it: During one of their adorable excursions, Patrick and Ian visited the Village Voice newspaper offices

[​IMG]
    +12
    As close as can be: Ian, who officiated Patrick's wedding in September, is seen with his pal during their time at Coney Island

By Iona Kirby

Guacamole likes this.
  17. Guacamole

Guacamole Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    They are adorable! I can't get enough.

boognishstern likes this.
  18. boognishstern

Reputations:
  19. Murcielago

Murcielago Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast