Patriot or Traitor? interview with nsa whistle-blower edward snowden...

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by pontius pilot, Jun 11, 2013.

1. pontius pilot

pontius pilot #TeahmGandhiStarver VIP

Reputations:
    fair & balanced. dawg's news lets you decide.

[video=youtube;5yB3n9fu-rM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yB3n9fu-rM[/video]

:usflag:

2. Jim J Jiblets

Jim J Jiblets #Hillary'sTongue

Reputations:
    Hi NSA!

3. Teddy Duchamp

Teddy Duchamp Shit Mult Wife

Reputations:
  4. pontius pilot

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

5. Jon Hein is God

Jon Hein is God New Member

Reputations:
  6. pontius pilot

Reputations:
  7. Jon Hein is God

Reputations:
  8. pontius pilot

Reputations:
    way to bring some conversation to the table jhig.

honestly, the fact that he got some stank on his hang-low from a dancer is as relevant to the issues as clinton getting a flowbie under his desk.

stick to the issues man! :pissed:

9. Jon Hein is God

Reputations:

It's the middle of the night. My brain capacity isn't up to weighing in on whether Prince Edward Snowden should ascend to the throne on Game of Thrones now that Robb Stark is dead.

But he looks more than perfectly capable.

10. JaredWD

JaredWD Active Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

Not a hero or a traitor. He did what he thought was the right thing to do, so I applaud him for that.
    But his life is basically over... and little will change in terms of policy as a result.

11. Chimney Portions

Chimney Portions I drink cum Banned User

Reputations:
    "Why does my breakfast taste like Polonium-210?"

I can't see how any reasonable person can bash him. So far even the NY Times has come out against The Administration so I'm glad to see that the outrage on the left isn't being muted by the love for Obama.

What's odd is that this is all going down as the Bradley Manning trial begins and it's drowning any talk about Manning out. Half a dozen "news networks" that are on 24 hours a day can't handle talking about two whistleblowers at once. I'm glad to see Daniel Ellsberg speaking out.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
  12. KillVampires

KillVampires Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    Manning was a traitor who leaked 100,000+ non-screened documents to foreign enemies such as the Russian KGB and Al Qaeda. He was giving out documents that caused worldwide deaths and riots. A number of riots in Muslim countries that claimed thousands of lives and radicalized countless numbers of Muslims into Jihadists are credited to the documents that Manning leaked. The Arab Spring...the empowerment of many radical Muslims came out of the Wikileaks documents. He never once screened the documents. He just took them and gave them to Wikileaks not knowing what they'd do with the documents.

He deserves a harsh punishment. Life in prison. Or a death sentence. He was essentially giving intelligence information directly to Al Qaeda. We now know that Wikileaks was heavily connected to Muslim extremist groups. They had a channel directly to newly acquired documents. And also that dictatorships in parts of Europe were using obtained documents to justify going after political enemies. Wikileaks was giving documents to government agents in Belarus who were using the information to go after political enemies. Look up Israel Shamir.

Snowden is a hero. Plain and simple. He gave two documents that he was entirely familiar with to the press. He didn't endanger lives. He didn't work with terrorists or dictators. He did the right thing because he wanted to protect the Constitution.

Manning wanted to be famous. He got his wish. His motivations are pathetic. He felt he was being ignored and wanted attention. He wanted to show everyone how superior he was. He's got the same messiah complex that that whackjob Chris Dorner had.

13. Mule

Mule New Member VIP

Reputations:
    Killvampires everything you said I agree with. For the same reasons. Manning is a traitor and snowden is a hero.

14. Brokenbad

Brokenbad Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Looks like they found another Linda Tripp to clog the system and play gotcha nose with the American people. We fall for it every time.

15. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Sorry... Thought this was a tebow thread...

This guys just another traitor. As much as I dislike Obama, you can be giving away military secrets... Especially when there's nothing to them. He's not as pedophile looking as assuage tho.

16. itpdude

itpdude New Member

Reputations:
    I'm surprised you like Ellsberg. Most times he's anathema to those on the Right.

17. itpdude

itpdude New Member

Reputations:
    The vocal-fry drives me crazy.

That said, without this guy, did any of us "know" (many suspected for a LONG time) about this stuff?

Who "knew" but suspected NYPD corruption before Serpico? Who "knew" but suspected cynical abuses in Vietnam before Ellsberg and Gravel?

We've been getting lied to by our government, people. It boils down to this: Do you like being lied to by your government or do you want an honest and transparent government, particularly given our current POTUS ran on transparency?

18. Jon Hein is God

Reputations:

Shia lebuff knew

19. itpdude

itpdude New Member

Reputations:
    I need to re-new that People subscription to get the REAL news, apparently.

But you know the point: who actually knew? Who had actual clear-cut evidence?

It was previously denied. If what Ladoof said passes as knowledge, I knew it 15 years ago.

It's like the Wikileaks thing showing unlawful killings in Iraq. We all suspected it, but the actual proof hammered it home.