News Patriotism in the shitter

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Shithead, Jul 4, 2016.

1. Shithead

Shithead Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Wonder why?:dontknow:

Is patriotism running out of style? Only 52 per cent of Americans are 'extremely proud' of where they come from - and young adults are falling out of love the fastest

The proportion of Americans who are 'extremely proud' of their motherland has hit its lowest point in 16 years.
    Only 52 per cent now say they fall into that category, according to a Gallup poll unveiled this Fourth Of July weekend.
    Patriotism peaked in 2003 due to the rally effect that followed 9/11 but has decreased ever since - and this year marks a new low in a 16-year trend.
    The sharpest decline came in young adults, with only a third of them joining the extremely proud group.
    [​IMG]
    Patriotism peaked in 2003 due to the rally effect that followed 9/11 but has decreased ever since - and this year marks a new low in a 16-year trend, as shown in this Gallup graph
    Gallup asked 1,025 adults across all 50 States as well as the District Of Columbia if they were extremely proud, very proud, moderately proud, only a little proud or not at all proud to be Americans.
    Out of these 1,025 adults, 52 per cent said they were extremely proud - an 18-point drop since patriotism peaked at 70 per cent in 2003.

This decline comes after seven years of relative stability from 2006 to 2013, a period that saw the Great Recession and Barack Obama's election and first term as president.
    About 57 per cent of US adults said they were extremely proud to be Americans during that time.
    [​IMG]
    +2
    Gallup asked 1,025 adults if they were extremely, very, moderately, only a little or not at all proud to be Americans. Pictured, the proportion of people who said they were extremely proud in each subgroup
    But the proportion of extremely proud Americans has declined over the past three years, hitting 54 per cent last year.
    This could be related to American's increasing dissatisfaction with what is happening inside their country, Gallup noted.
    In January 2003, 55 per cent of Americans were satisfied with the way things were going in the US - and 69 per cent of them were extremely proud of their country.
    But that was the last time that a majority of Americans were satisfied with the state of current affairs according to Gallup.
    That proportion has remained mostly below 30 per cent since 2007 and hit 29 per cent in Gallup's most recent update.
    In June 2016, 29 per cent of US adults said they were very proud to be Americans and 13 per cent declared themselves moderately proud.
    Only five per cent said they were only a little proud and one per cent were not at all proud.
    Americans of all ages and backgrounds have experienced a decline in patriotism since 2003, but the sharpest decline came in young adults between 18 and 29 years old.
    In 2003, 60 per cent of young adults said they were extremely proud to be Americans - a feeling shared by only 34 per cent of them now.
    Today's young adults are also one of the few subgroups that are significantly less likely to be patriotic than before 9/11, according to Gallup.
    Back then, 51 per cent of them fell in the extremely proud category. Since none of today's 18 to 29-year-olds were in that age group at the time, this could mean millennials are less patriotic than young adults in previous generations.
    Meanwhile political liberals are also one of the least patriotic subgroups nowadays, with 36 per cent of them declaring themselves extremely proud to be Americans - compared to 53 per cent for moderates and 61 per cent for conservatives.
    On the other hand, Republicans, conservatives and people between 50 to 64 years old display the most patriotic sentiment, with 68 per cent, 61 per cent and 64 per cent of them respectively saying they are extremely proud of their country.
    It is unclear how the current presidential campaign will affect patriotism, Gallup said.
    But, the company noted, millennials' increasing reluctance to call themselves extremely proud to be Americans could signal of further declines in patriotism in future years and decades.

DiamondGoddess likes this.
  2. OkbyeEric

OkbyeEric Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'm sick of the fake patriotism prior every sporting event. Singing the national anthem is so unnecessary. Just get to the game.

3. DarkFriday

DarkFriday Fired as a MOD...Twice. Gold

Reputations:
  4. sour

sour Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

DiamondGoddess likes this.
  5. Capn Crud

Capn Crud The Pride of Cucamonga VIP Gold

Reputations:
  6. hoochieking

hoochieking Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Wait aren't you a trump supporter? You know the guy who doesn't think America is great. Moron.

7. FeetToTaste

FeetToTaste Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Probably because us millennials realize it is random chance that you are born in a particular place. I'm glad that I was born in America, rather than say, Saudi Arabia, but I'm not gonna drape myself in a flag or some shit because of that.

Two Africans could have fucked an hour before my parents did and I could have been born in Zimbabwe or some other back ass country.

USA USA USA

:usflag:

8. ice cream

ice cream Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    we have a Muslim president whats to be proud about :dontknow:
    and some wack job on deck

9. Dirty South

Dirty South Large Member

Reputations:
    That muzzie faggot Ogunga and his America-hating wife have done everything they can to make patriotism and nationalism dirty words while promoting Globalism.

Our disgusting public school and college systems spend significant portions of their curricula teaching and reinforcing white guilt and the evils of being an American.

This is the inevitable result...

ravenrules, sstressed, Stag and 8 others like this.
  10. Shivvy

Shivvy 100k Post Club

Reputations:
    :omg:

stanggirl and FeetToTaste like this.
  11. RH Goatcabin

RH Goatcabin Notable Member VIP

Reputations:
    Rush Limbaugh -1991:jj:

12. blckknight60

blckknight60 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    retards like you are why some cant be proud of the US

embarrassing

13. JonGnagyBeard

JonGnagyBeard VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
  14. Stew Nod

Stew Nod Hello VIP

Reputations:
    Hard to be proud of rigged elections. Oligarchy, globalists, banks...etc

15. Mr Vengeance

Mr Vengeance Ladies love cool V. VIP

Reputations:
    When you have half the population spouting hate, it becomes hard to get behind it 100%....

16. FeetToTaste

Reputations:
    :rolleyeup:

Not the words of a patriot.

:nono:

Mulletude, kinneyjames and Gusbuss like this.
  17. MrsTreat

MrsTreat Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I think America's great because these guys thought it was worth dying for.

[​IMG]

JFK, babybear, DiamondGoddess and 9 others like this.
  18. FeetToTaste

Reputations:
    These guys are willing to pay the same price for America too!

[​IMG]

SalsMasterShake and MrsTreat like this.
  19. x76

x76 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Pride is a sin. Read the Bible. Pride is the *original* sin. That said, the US has been at constant "war" blowing the fuck out of sand people who we apparently blame for 9/11/01, though all the facts say NO. Facts be damned -- just like in Orwell's "1984". The economy had the snot knocked out of it in 2008 and I'll be fucked up the butt by negroes if I see any realistic signs of a "recovery". Old people living off their savings are fucked by the near-zero interest rates. There are no jobs, none that I can tell. Dozens of applicants for every job I apply for. And now we have the fascist psycho versus the comb-over fascist for President?

I left my US flag in storage for the holiday. I don't see where there's all that much to celebrate. But no matter how bad things get, there will still be people wailing along, drunk on cheap, watery beer AHM PROUD T'BE AN MURCUN, WHERE AT LEAST I KNOW AHM FREE yeah right good luck with that. I think I'll clean my 30-round magazines today and -- what? Oh, they were outlawed on Friday? Well, I'll light up a big joint and -- what? Oh, right, dope is still illegal because it's less harmful that alcohol... Hey, but I can still choose between the lesser of two evils when I vote in November, right? And who ever wins will take their marching orders from Israel because... oh, fuck, we can't discuss that. It is not doubleplusgood.

20. x76

x76 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    They were suckered into WWII after Pearl Harbor was attacked. But the US *knew* Pearl Harbor was going to be attacked... oh my, how awkward...

Chrisboom and JonGnagyBeard like this.