PayPal to Start Accepting Bitcoin Payaments

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by kinneyjames, Sep 9, 2014.

1. kinneyjames

kinneyjames Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-09-08/ebay-s-paypal-unit-to-start-accepting-bitcoin-payments.html

EBay Inc. (EBAY)’s PayPal service will start accepting bitcoins, opening up the world’s second-biggest Internet payment network to virtual currency transactions.

“We’re announcing PayPal’s first foray into bitcoin,” Bill Ready, the chief of EBay’s Braintree unit, said at Techcrunch’s Disrupt SF conference yesterday. “Over the coming months we’ll allow our merchants to accept bitcoin. On the consumer side it will be a sleek experience.”

EBay, as the world’s biggest Web marketplace and operator of a global payments service, is the most significant business to date that’s embraced bitcoin. The move could potentially enable PayPal’s 152 million registered accounts to transact using the virtual currency, spurring wider use and acceptance of bitcoin, according to Gil Luria, an analyst at Wedbush Securities Inc.
    Bitcoin prices have swung between more than $900 to as low as $341 this year as enthusiasts try to address the digital currency’s weaknesses, persuade consumers to embrace it and overcome governments’ concerns that it could be misused by criminals.

2. Bethstampon

Bethstampon Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    fuck...did they just jump in value again??

3. Hateman

Hateman Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Getting one step closer to a tier one earth

4. dawg

dawg In The Dog House Staff Member

Reputations:
    Good, i get a lot of requests to accept bitcoins. This will be a lot easier for sure.

Shortwave98 likes this.
  5. Omen

Omen Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    unfamiliar with bitcoins

6. kinneyjames

kinneyjames Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'm not too familiar with Bitcoin. Frankly, I am a little put off by some of the stuff I've read about them. Seems shady.