PC Run Amok.Teacher fired for using Negro, Spanish for black... In Spanish class

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by SleepingWarrior, May 24, 2013.

1. SleepingWarrior

SleepingWarrior Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Yeah, I think we're getting to the point we can declare that we're officially fucked as a nation.

http://news.yahoo.com/black-spanish-teacher-claims-she-fired-using-word-141803930.html
    In the annals of political correctness run amok in American schools, this story — if true — is easily an all-timer.

A junior-high school Spanish teacher has filed a lawsuit alleging that she was fired from P.S. 211 in the Bronx in March 2012 because of a misunderstanding over the word “negro.â€
    The non-tenured teacher, 65-year-old Petrona Smith, maintains that she was instructing her class about how to say the various basic colors in Spanish, reports the New York Post. The word “negro†naturally came up because “negro†is the Spanish word for “black.â€
    A seventh-grade student in the class took offense at the term, however, believing the word to be a racial slur. It’s not clear if Smith directed the term at the student. Whatever the case, he reported the incident to school officials.
    But, wait. It gets better. Smith, a native of the West Indies, is black. And to top it all off, P.S. 211 is bilingual.
    Smith’s attorney, Shaun Reid, called the charge that allegedly led to his client’s termination ridiculous.
    “They haven’t even accounted for how absurd it is for someone who’s black to be using a racial slur to a student,†Reid told the Post.
    School officials refused to make any comment about the allegations in the lawsuit. As such, the publicly-known facts are tremendously one-sided at this point.
    In court papers, Smith does address another incident involving an allegation that she labeled some students as “failures.†The teacher states that she had only asked certain students to move to the rear of the classroom after they had failed a test.
    The Post notes that Smith also claims that students hurled insults at her, calling her “fucking monkey†and other abusive names.
    Smith hasn’t been able to find another job since she was sacked.

2. droops42

droops42 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Fucken negros.

3. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    fuck me that is fucking stupid... wtf have we turned into ?

4. telecaster

telecaster Get Yer Ya Ya's Out

Reputations:
    We are fucked. Might as well kick back and enjoy a few of these:

[​IMG]

5. droops42

droops42 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    "In God We Trust" pretty soon that won't be on our money.

6. racerx

racerx New Member

Reputations:
    she obviously isnt racist, but i dont know if she has the leadership skills to be a teacher.

7. Kokonut

Kokonut Active Member

Reputations:
    Email this story to the Black on Black show. KOAB's family is from the West Indies.

8. FSFN

FSFN Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

This isn't bad cheap wine.

9. Kool

Kool Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    she'll get her job back + back pay.

10. AGT Blows

AGT Blows Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Negro please.

11. AmishGirl

AmishGirl Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    65 years old, and still teaching? In the Bronx??????

I remember there was one class I had - I forget what it even was. There was a teacher who was, like, a year away from retirement. It was great - it was like we had an unspoken deal - he didn't push us too hard, we didn't cause any problems, we all got a B or higher. Super class.

12. Ice Hole

Ice Hole Active Member

Reputations:
    That's some good beer, right there. :beerplz:

13. TaTa Toothy

TaTa Toothy New Member

Reputations:
    When I was a teen during the '70s. I went to the local movie theater to see The Legend of Niger Charley. -- Nobody protested.

I watched the Dean Martin Roast of Sammy Davis Jr. on NBC where it was an hour of lines like "Smile Sammy, so we can see ya." -- Nobody batted an eye.

Gene Wilder wore blackface and strutted around like a jig in Silver Streak. -- Nobody said a word.

How the fuck did we get from there to here? This country has turned into the biggest bunch of whinny crybabies in the history of mankind. Now, everything offends everybody. "Whaaaaaaaaa. You're all big bullies! Get my lawyer on the phone!!"

14. SleepingWarrior

SleepingWarrior Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    As life gets easier ya have to search harder for shit to complain about is my theory. Before these more modern times people had to expend their energy simply to survive but now our lives are fucking easy in comparison so we have to search for something to "fight" against or blame for our failures.

15. SpankSpangler

SpankSpangler Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    You know right up until the mid 1960's "Negro" was what Blacks identified themselves as, and was what they preferred to be called... Using the word "Black" to describe a Negro back then was regarded as very offensive and insulting to the Negros of that era....

Then when violent and militant Negros such as Malcolm X and others like him gained popularity, they decided that they were indeed no longer "Negro", and started to identify themselves using the more offensive and racially charged word "Black"..... which then kicked off the whole "Black Power!" movement.

I imagine at some point Blacks will decide that they no longer want to be identified as "Black" either and only as "African American" or some other term, and then it will be offensive to use the word "Black". Personally I prefer using and saying the word "Negro" myself, and find it to be a more Elegant word for a more Civilized Age.

Last edited: May 24, 2013
  16. Samurai

Samurai Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Yes, because the primary attribute of leadership is walking on egg-shells, worried about which hypersensitive idiot is going to take offense at the most negligible utterance. :rolleye:

17. Dusco

Dusco New Member

Reputations:
    I love how people want to be treated equally and special at the same time. Same goes for a person on these forums.. I will not say who but it goes with FlaFlaFlun..... :c

18. racerx

racerx New Member

Reputations:
    the word is fine. im talking about she cant control her students and thereby doesn't have their respect.
    no one was offended, they are just messing with her because she lets them(lacks leadership)

19. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    Clearly, there's more to this story and the article even states it's one-sided.

In reality, they probably fired her due to her age but they won't say that, so they're busy making some other shit up.

20. jokeland

jokeland Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    A budget director in DC was fired about ten years ago for properly using the word niggardly