Entertainment Pearl Jam to give out ear plugs on next tour- gay or not?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by MilkyDischarge, Mar 15, 2016.

1. MilkyDischarge

MilkyDischarge Se suelto el diablo Gold

Reputations:
    http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/pearl- ... FkgiwbS.99

PEARL JAM To Give Away Earplugs On Upcoming Tour

March 14, 2016

According to The Pulse Of Radio, PEARL JAM and its fan club, Ten Club, are teaming with MusiCares to educate concertgoers about the dangers of hearing loss. Fans who visit the MusiCares table at each of PEARL JAM's shows on its upcoming 2016 U.S. tour can pick up a pair of limited-edition PJ X MusiCares earplugs for a suggested donation.

Bassist Jeff Ament said: "Don't be careless and lazy at loud rock shows or cranking tunes through an old Walkman like I was 30 years ago (but boy, did it all sound good). Wear hearing protection or you'll end up with a 1.5k ring in both ears every night when you go to bed or worse when you are trying to enjoy the serene quiet of an empty desert or forest, again like me."

Fans are encouraged to take photos with their plugs in their ears and post them on social media using the hashtag #pjcares. And please tag @pearljam and @musicares.

PEARL JAM will begin its North American run on April 8 in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. There are also plans in the works to celebrate the group's 25th anniversary, which also falls in 2016.

The band released its last album, "Lightning Bolt", in 2013 and Ament recently told Rolling Stone that their thoughts are starting to turn toward an eleventh studio effort. He said: "There's talk of getting together and throwing some ideas together. There's no plan of making a record yet… It's just in the planning stages and everyone deciding when the time is."

Guacamole and Abner Devereaux like this.
  2. Tranquil

Tranquil Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    For the past 2 weeks I've had some ringing in my ears off and on, very annoying. I used to be heavily into car audio and cranked up my music very loud for years. I'm crossing my fingers it will just go away, I'm in my early 30's so I figure this shouldn't happen till your in your late 40's so maybe it's something else. Staying on topic, it's pretty gay that pearl jam is doing this, but I get it.

3. Shivvy

Shivvy 100k Post Club

Reputations:
    :jj:

Slow likes this.
  4. MilkyDischarge

MilkyDischarge Se suelto el diablo Gold

Reputations:
    I've been to hundreds of concerts. My ears usually ring the next day. I tried ear plugs once at a show- a friends gave me some- it seemed the music came through but the crowd noise as muted a little. But it was like wearing condoms. Better to go bareback.

CynicalOne likes this.
  5. God

God Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    If Pearl Jam really cared, they would stop touring.

Fags.

6. Droog

Droog Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    My friends played in bands and they always wore them. I wish I had. They played so loud we always stood as far from them as possible. I had my ears checked last year. My left ear was only good for 93%, my right was something like 96%. Loud music has to be a good reason for that loss. I love hifi, so it bums me out that I can't hear the highs as well as I used to.

alittlebitcunty and Head Censor like this.
  7. mrd160

mrd160 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Hopefully they will block out 100% of the sound

8. Krinkle

Krinkle What?

Reputations:
    They should have ...meh, I'm drunk. Pearl Jam sucks.... Weeeeeeeeeeeee :jj:

9. Slow

Slow All The Pieces Matter DawgShed News

Reputations:
    They should give out tampons too

So fucking gay

clauge, Daveindiego, Fatass and 5 others like this.
  10. Pooh bear

Pooh bear Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    You suck :mad:
    I'm on a Pearl Jam kick lately :oderus:

Ingens likes this.
  11. BrulesRules

BrulesRules Just grab 'em in the biscuits VIP

Reputations:
    Hard to find another band with a better first 3 albums than Pearl Jam.

Guacamole, austin54 and Pooh bear like this.
  12. Flabo

Flabo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'm 43, been to many shows, but the first time I saw ACDC, at the Boston garden 10 years ago, was the first time I had ringing in my ears. Didn't notice it until I laid down to go to bed that night. It lasted almost three days. Again didn't bother me until I was trying to go to sleep or when it was very quiet where I was. It scared me. I am one to crank it loud anywhere I am if a good song comes on and I'm in the mood, in the car especially. I love to be able to sing and not hear my voice ruin it. I still use my car radio very loud, but it never gives me the ringing I hear after concerts. I religiously bring ear plugs to every show I got to now. I do remove them for 2 or 3 of my favorites of the group I'm seeing but sometimes I still get the ringing, but it only lasts one night instead of three. I remember my mother always warning me and I use to figure by the time I get old they will invent something to cure deafness so who cares. I will watch as I get older what will happen to the young ones who wear earbuds/headsets 24/7 to see what the repercussions are. But I think it will be like seatbelts, almost everyone wears them now, but I remember getting funny looks from my friends as a teen when I put it on in the car when I first started driving.

13. The Jackie chair

The Jackie chair Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    :gayflag::sgay:

Mr Cachexic likes this.
  14. FSFN

FSFN Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Rolling Stones

Led Zeppelin

Beatles

Metallica

greenchiclets and John Mahlin like this.
  15. DDragon

DDragon Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ehhh Im a 90s guy so Im biased towards Pearl Jam. No one was even listening to those first 3 Metallica albums at the time except the underground Metallica community.

BrulesRules likes this.
  16. BrulesRules

BrulesRules Just grab 'em in the biscuits VIP

Reputations:
    No

17. Head Censor

Head Censor Turgid Member VIP

Reputations:
    This.

Better to be called a fag today and still be able to enjoy your music later in life, than be some 50 or 60 year old guy who has to live out his days with a constant ringing in his ears. :dontknow:

18. Fillmore Fingers

Fillmore Fingers Sandy Vag Banned User

Reputations:
    A song they cover, "Won't Get Fooled Again" was written by a guy who is basically now deaf.

Rock and Roll is noise pollution! NO EAR PLUGS!!! Stay home and listen to the jazz channel instead, you lame fucks.

But honestly, it's Pearl Jam, so I don't give a shit. Saw them in '92. Good show, never bothered with anything past their first album. Eddie Vedder always sounds like he's got a hot shit in the chamber and is struggling to push it out.

reno and John Mahlin like this.
  19. Abner Devereaux

Abner Devereaux Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It's very possible it can go away but you have to avoid high decibels from now on. I had it last just under 2 weeks. When it lasted more than the typical 2 or 3 days I was really worried it was permanent. I am fine now so hopefully you will be too.

I sympathize...the car is worse than a rock concert. Sucks having to keep it to conversation levels or less but it's the only way.

Best of luck.

20. Tranquil

Tranquil Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Thanks

Yea I just listen to talk radio now in my car, I do wear head phones all day at work, but volume low, unless I hear the annoying secretary cackling away, then I'll crank it up a bit just to drown her out.