Entertainment Period blood art

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Shithead, Feb 22, 2016.

1. Shithead

Shithead Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Young artist aims to provoke 'disgust, joy, or confusion' by painting pictures with her menstrual blood - and is met with racist and sexist abuse on social media

Of all the bodily fluids considered taboo in society, period blood is likely the one with the most stigma attached.
    That's why Washington D.C. native Samera Paz, 21, a student of the University of the Arts in Philadelphia, decided it would make the perfect medium for a powerful statement advocating for women's bodies.
    The young woman created her One Week Late series of paintings using her own blood on white canvas, posting them on social media explaining that they were: 'My way of normalizing periods and turning blood that would just be discarded into something I consider beautiful'
    [​IMG]
    +8
    A different look: University of the Arts in Philadelphia student Samera Paz , 21, has caused quite a stir online with her One Week Late painting series, which she created using her own menstrual blood
    [​IMG]
    +8
    Making a statement: Samera (pictured) said she had the idea of using menstrual blood in art after being delighted as an overdue period arrived
    She added: 'Part of my usage of blood is to show an unwanted truth and erase the negative stigmas we have about something as normal as periods. I believe using bodily fluids in artwork began about 35,000 years ago in cave drawings. I use what I got and I refuse to limit myself.'
    The aim of the work, Samera told Cosmopolitan.com, was to 'erase these stigmas society has about women, periods and their bodies.'
    And the idea has actually been a long time coming. It was her glee over finally getting an overdue period six years ago that had her thinking.
    'I was relieved and full of so much emotion. The urge to create something was present and I instantly knew what I had to do,' she said. 'Periods are natural and what better way to normalize them than use it as a medium.'

[​IMG]
    +8
    'I use what I got and I refuse to limit myself': Samera added that the use of bodily fluids in art goes back thousands of years in history
    [​IMG]
    +8
    Sharing with the world: The student posted images of her works on social media, stating that she was 'turning blood that would just be discarded into something I consider beautiful'
    But not everyone has been able to see the beauty in Samera's statement. In fact, she was met with a horrifying wave of vitriol.
    'This is disgusting,' wrote one Twitter user, while another said: 'You need some counseling.'
    Some hateful internet trolls were so incensed by Samera's work that they hurled racial slurs at her over social media, calling her 'dirty', 'nasty' and some even telling her to 'please die'.
    But instead of blocking the critics or shrinking away from her statement, Samera not only retweeted some of the more cruel tweets, but also printed them off and printed them on a board as a new project all on their own.
    [​IMG]
    +8
    [​IMG]
    +8
    Hitting out: The artist was immediately met by a wave of hateful insults by those irked by her use of blood in the paintings
    [​IMG]
    +8
    A turn for the worse: Some of the critics even Tweeted at her with horrid racial slurs and insults against feminism as a whole
    [​IMG]
    +8
    The next step: Instead of ignoring the haters, Samera printed off each of the awful comments sent her way over the paintings and made them into a project all their own
    While shaken up by the swathes of negative attention, the artist has been pushed forward by the hundreds of encouraging words she has received and the idea that great art provokes strong reactions.
    'As a fellow artist, I applaud you for going outside "norms" and boundaries. Make people uncomfortable! Get reactions! That's art,' wrote one encouraging fan.
    A young man chimed in: 'From a guys perspective though, I don't think many of us have seen period blood; it's highly stigmatized and taboo. This is cool.'
    'I want people to feel something when they see my work. It could be disgust, joy, inspired or confused … just as long as they feel something,' she said.

2. Dick Fitzwell

Dick Fitzwell Opinions are like assholes ... and so am I

Reputations:
    She should branch out and add some jizz for a colorful effect.

SternsEgo and reno like this.
  3. sstressed

sstressed enhancement toker VIP

Reputations:
    whata disgsting pig.

kinda cute though!

LaserT and reno like this.
  4. GRATEFUL DEAD

GRATEFUL DEAD Active Member

Reputations:
    What a bloody mess.................

SternsEgo, LaserT and reno like this.
  5. DogStar69

DogStar69 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    She's gonna branch out into shit and pee art next.

John Mahlin likes this.
  6. DogStar69

DogStar69 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Tampons make good paintbrushes.

reno likes this.
  7. chrisfromvegas

chrisfromvegas HOOLIGAN VIP

Reputations:
    BLOOD IS A KNOW BIO-HAZARD.

Human blood carries a minimum biosafety level of RG1 thru RG4 depending on the pathogens that person may have.

I would report her to OSHA

Cheap attention whore...

Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
  8. reno

reno VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Do you think Howard will get inspired and paint like that? Beth is too old to bleed though.

Mr Fantastic likes this.
  9. Mr Fantastic

Mr Fantastic Found Nemo VIP

Reputations:
    This one's my favorite - Snail Trail

[​IMG]

10. LaserT

LaserT You have to have fun. Gold

Reputations:
    Bloody hell!

SternsEgo likes this.
  11. Krinkle

Krinkle What?

Reputations:
    Kill yourself :jj:

12. Mojopin

Mojopin Resplendent in his frock VIP

Reputations:
    Nutty and cute.

13. vaporizer

vaporizer Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Dammit...you took my idea for MY next artistic movement. I'm just going to find some construction paper at Walgreen's and jizz on it. Then I'll frame it and have a gallery showing.

You're ALL invited.

Gratzi...

Dick Fitzwell likes this.
  14. Jayla

Jayla Ou ai-je l'esprit? Gold

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

15. Dlist

Dlist Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Yuck..just throw your tampon out like the rest of us.

Shortwave98 likes this.
  16. MilkyDischarge

MilkyDischarge Se suelto el diablo Gold

Reputations:
    I like the blood clots in it,
    And the remnants from last week's coat hanger abortion.

17. FishySausage

FishySausage Original Nuttah VIP Gold

Reputations:
    I'm not offended by the menstrual blood.
    I'm offended by the shitty art.
    If she had any actual artistic ability, I'd be fine with it

SternsEgo, Hankjones and Tim like this.
  18. Jayla

Jayla Ou ai-je l'esprit? Gold

Reputations:
    Lemme guess, wife still not talking to you? :) You and Shivvy should make a Creepy 2 Man Act and take it in the road.
    [​IMG]

SternsEgo and Shortwave98 like this.
  19. MilkyDischarge

MilkyDischarge Se suelto el diablo Gold

Reputations:
    That's Metallicas load cover-

The cover of Load is an original artwork titled "Semen and Blood III". It is one of three photographic studies Andres Serrano created in 1990 by mingling bovine blood and his own semen between two sheets of Plexiglas.[15] The liner notes simply state "cover art by Andres Serrano" rather than listing the title of the work. In a 2009 interview with Classic Rock, Hetfield expressed his dislike of the album cover and its inspiration: