Shop Now At Amazon

PETA gives Robin's new book a mention

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by schnauzer, Feb 19, 2013.

1. schnauzer

schnauzer Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    barely...

[h=1]Octavia Spencer Ready for Jessica Chastain to Get Time to Cook Vegan Soul Food [/h]

Written by Michelle Kretzer

One celeb who won't mind too much when awards season winds down? Octavia Spencer. She loves cheering for her friend Jessica Chastain, but she's getting antsy for her The Help costar to cook her some more vegan soul food like the vegan fried chicken they made on set. Jessica, one of PETA's reigning Sexiest Vegetarian Celebrities, has been scooping up the nominations, so to tide Octavia over, we've sent her her own vegan soul-food cookbook. Maybe soon the friends will be comparing vegan recipes and Oscars?
    They can scoop up ​
    Robin Quivers
    ' new vegan cookbook, ​
    The Vegucation of Robin: How Real Food Saved My Life
    . Or perhaps they'll take their happy reunion to ​
    Chef Tal Ronnen's new vegan restaurant
    and bar, Crossroads, opening in L.A.​
    Hilaria and Alec Baldwin are also celebrating an exciting new venture. The couple is expecting their first child in late summer. PETA is sending the vegan mom an early shower gift: a copy of Skinny Bitch Bun in the Oven.

When animals weren't getting "tweet outs" on Twitter, they were getting major ups from Maggie Q in The Huffington Post. The Nikita star spent the majority of her interview talking about her new PETA campaign titled, "Fight Climate Change With Diet Change—Go Veg," and detailing the environmental destruction and cruelty of the meat industry. If Maggie ever decides to get out of acting, we think she's got a future in animal rights.

http://www.peta.org/b/thepetafiles/...tain-to-get-time-to-cook-vegan-soul-food.aspx

2. Sponsor

Sponsor

Reputations:

3. VAsiCkBoy

VAsiCkBoy Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    That's nothing. They are renaming their headquarters to honor Sam Simon.

PETA to name HQ after "The Simpsons" co-creator

By Philip Walzer
    The Virginian-Pilot
    © February 17, 2013

PETA next month will name its Norfolk headquarters after a Hollywood donor who helped create a famous TV character with an unquenchable appetite for bacon.

Even more improbable, the president of the animal rights group finds the character, Homer Simpson, hysterical.
    "He's a schlub who likes bacon who doesn't think beyond himself," said Ingrid Newkirk, who couldn't keep from laughing when Homer was mentioned during an interview. "He's an exaggeration of the real, what we have to deal with every day."
    People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals has been in the building, off Brambleton Avenue and on the Elizabeth River, since 1996. It will be named the Sam Simon Center on March 1.
    Simon, who will attend the ceremony, is co-creator of the long-running cartoon comedy "The Simpsons" - though he said he hasn't worked on the show for roughly 20 years.
    Simon, 57, said Friday that he's been a vegetarian since he was 19 ("I didn't want to kill animals just so I could eat") and a vegan for about eight years. The foundation Simon created provides free spaying and neutering of cats and dogs, and it trains dogs from animal shelters to help veterans and people who are hard of hearing.
    Simon said he has supported PETA for 10 years. Newkirk declined to say how much he has given, but Simon is listed in the group's "president's circle," which requires a minimum annual contribution of $100,000. She said he's also hosted a "magnificent party and fundraiser" for PETA at his home in California.
    Newkirk called him a "kindred spirit and a soulmate when it comes to animal issues."
    "He's a big Hollywood figure who is not timid to take on anything," she said, "and so he's behind the envelope-pushing part of PETA."
    Simon said having his name on PETA's building will be "the greatest honor of my life."
    "I used to be an animal lover," he said, "and Ingrid turned me into an animal rights activist."
    Now, about the Simpsons and their eating habits.
    Homer is crazy about bacon. Among his notable lines from the show: "I'd be a vegetarian if bacon grew on trees."
    A blog item in The New York Times in 2009 about the rise of bacon-flavored beer was headlined: "Mmm... Homer Simpson is salivating."
    Homer's daughter, Lisa, however, is an ardent vegetarian, triggering plenty of meaty conversations between them.
    The truth is, Simon said, he didn't come up with the idea of making Homer a bacon fanatic or Lisa a vegetarian.
    He thinks the show has "a lot of animal cruelty that I don't find funny." But Homer's passion for bacon doesn't faze him.
    "I don't think people think he's a role model," Simon said.

http://hamptonroads.com/2013/02/peta-name-hq-after-simpsons-cocreator

4. fletchman71

fletchman71 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    It looks like Buchwald and Associates have started their publicity push for Robin's book.

5. Just Me

Just Me Active Member

Reputations:
    Robin doesn't give a fuck about animals.

6. schnauzer

schnauzer Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Any PR machine that can spin a 'healthy eating regimen of cancer victim' book, could probably get ETM elected president

7. Martina

Martina New Member

Reputations:
    Right, no mention in any press release that "real food" eater Robin who only ate potatoes, chinese food, and gallons of red wine ended up looking like a giant potato with a colostomy bag wandering around the Howard Stern studio until being sent home because she was grossing everybody out. Oh yeah, I want her book.