Petitioners Want To Secede From USA

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by UncaDollas, Nov 13, 2012.

1. UncaDollas

UncaDollas Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    From states across the country, Americans have filed petitions on the White House Web site seeking to secede from the union and form new state governments.While most of the petitions come from states that supported Mitt Romney in last week’s election, a few swing states and even the deep blue Northeast are represented. Petitions have been filed for Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas.“We petition the Obama Administration to peacefully grant the State of Alabama to withdraw from the United States of America and create its own new government,†reads the Alabama petition. The following text is the same in most of the 20 filed so far:
    As the founding fathers of the United States of America made clear in the Declaration of Independence in 1776:
    “When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature’s God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.â€
    “…Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or abolish it, and institute new Government…â€
    Most of the petitions have a few thousand signatures; many signers appear to be from other states. Under the “We the People†program, launched last year, the White House willrespond to any petition that receives 25,000 or more signatures within 30 days. Anyone over the age of 13 can create a petition. Previous popular petitions demanded the White House beer recipe (success) and marijuana legalization (no success). The petitions from Louisiana and Texas, however, are approaching the threshold for a response. They were the first two states represented, followed by Alabama. Petitioners only have to put a first name and last initial on the site. Texas Gov. Rick Perry (R) raised the idea of secession back in 2009, but he has since made clear that he has no interest in it. Tennessee Rep. Zach Wamp (R) suggested in 2010 that some states might have to “consider separation from this government†should the leadership in Washington not change. â€I hope that the American people will go to the ballot box in 2010 and 2012 so that states are not forced to consider separation from this government,†he said.

2. DogStar69

DogStar69 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Repuglicants are hissy drama queens.

3. UncaDollas

UncaDollas Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    " Gov. Rick Perry (R) raised the idea of secession back in 2009, but he has since made clear that he has no interest in it. "
    No shit, or who's going to clean up NJ? I say we take Alabama off the grid and see how they fare without electricity and a heavy invasion of Muslims. They need us more then we need them.

4. Scott

Scott Masshole Staff Member

Reputations:
    Good riddance I say.

5. AmishGirl

AmishGirl Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    On the surface, it sounds ridiculous but ... I can kinda see what they're saying. Look, when I lived in N. Florida ... that is COMPLETELY different from living in Cleveland, Ohio. And living in rural Missouri? Forget it. Why should they have to succumb to Washington DC's laws, when they have voted so differently? (now, I know this isn't realistic, I'm just saying ... I'm also v. sleepy :p )

6. AmishGirl

AmishGirl Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
  7. Hateman

Hateman Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

Fuck the south and the people who inhabit it. Kill them all and take their land.

8. Scott

Scott Masshole Staff Member

Reputations:
    How will the new country support itself without the old country's tax money?

[​IMG]

9. DogStar69

DogStar69 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Fuck um. I want to keep Alabama, I need it to drive west out of Florida if I ever want to drive to New Orleans again, or drive to Cali. They can have on of the cold square states like Montana or Wyoming.

10. Gomez

Gomez Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  11. stripes

stripes Active Member Banned User

Reputations:
    easy, they cut all the bloated welfare programs to all the blacks with 10 kids & no dads.

12. JJR

JJR New Member

Reputations:
    I would like to point out to conservatives that those states that are most tax dependent -- the money -- look at that list -- the money is not for welfare -- it's military spending.

Think about that next time you chickenhawk whiners bitch about tax dollars. :pie:

13. JJR

JJR New Member

Reputations:
    A years worth of welfare for the whole country runs Los Alamos National Labs for about 4 hours. Remember that, you military loving crackerfaggots.

14. JJR

JJR New Member

Reputations:
    The military and its surrounding industry IS welfare. The government spends BILLIONS on useless technology for the military. We're #1.

15. Slippy

Slippy Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Welcome to dealing with Quebec.

The lovely part is when they want to "secede" with no part of the national debt, financial assistance, and rights to the St. Lawrence.

I say we should shoot anybody that doesn't wish to be part of the country we live in. Anybody wanna lend me a gun? Our gun laws are stringent. :depressed:

16. gwartney

gwartney Unafilliated Gold

Reputations:
    The losing party always whines like a little bitch after an election. Demos, don't laugh too hard at the Repubs. Remember when your boy won the popular vote but lost the election?

17. HeinousMark

HeinousMark Creepy-Ass Cracka VIP

Reputations:
    Y'all already did that about 150 years ago, but yeah, this whole "seceding" thing just doesn't seem to work out very well.....

On the bright side, this has to be some Tea-Party wacko stunt coordinated effort. Yes, a few loonies can email in petitions, and the media will sensationalize it, but these people are just the most extreme fringe, nowhere near a majority.....
    It would be fun to take all the secessionists and put them in one place, like Idaho, and disconnect them from all federal aid and services, power and communication grids, etc., and see how that works out for them......:coffee:

18. HeinousMark

HeinousMark Creepy-Ass Cracka VIP

Reputations:

Bullshit !!!
    It's TRILLIONS, if not more......and that's not including "Black Budget" spending.....

Snowbird you can come down here and shoot my gun :marx: anytime....all legal and everything....

19. JJR

JJR New Member

Reputations:
    My bad.

20. Babs

Babs Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Y'all talk funny up north.