Peyton Manning "Pot"

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by MutteringJohn, Sep 15, 2013.

1. MutteringJohn

MutteringJohn Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    DENVER (CBS4) – There’s a strain of marijuana named after Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning and his people aren’t happy about it.CBS4 Investigator Rick Sallinger found the pot being sold in medical marijuana dispensaries in the Denver area.The big face off is set for Sunday as Peyton Manning will take on the New York Giants and his brother, Eli Manning, who also has a strain of marijuana named after him. Apparently there are no royalties involved.

A representative for Peyton Manning is threatening action against those selling the strain named after the quarterback.
    The Peyton Manning pot label says it’s good for pain, anxiety, nausea and headaches, while the Eli Manning strain claims to help with multiple sclerosis, glaucoma and arthritis. It’s priced at approximately $280 an ounce.CBS4’s inquiry to the Broncos regarding the Peyton Manning pot was directed to one of his representatives who said the marijuana growers and sellers “don’t have his permission for using his name for commercial purposes. If they continue to do so legal action will be taken.â€The Peyton Manning pot is grown and sold by Good Meds, which has dispensaries and a cultivation facility in the Denver area. Its website offers a 10 percent discount for those who wear a Broncos jersey on game day.One of the owners of Good Meds told CBS4 they named the plants after the Manning brothers because the seeds are related. CBS4 was given conflicting information as to if the strains will be continued to be sold.

[​IMG]

2. Snotty

Snotty My Snothand be strong!!! VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Remember when I could get an ounce of good stout, I know that shit now is way stronger, Mexican weed for ten bucks........
    Way back when the measure wasn't in weight but size.......We knew them as "Lids" Because the weed in the baggy made it as large as the lid of a large mayonnaise jar..........Remember that Spazz?

3. PI Nate

PI Nate Disenfranchised since 1984... Gold

Reputations:
    I remember that...:facepalm:

4. Spazzmatazz

Spazzmatazz Band Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Yes, and they weren't measured by weight. They were measured by "fingers". A 4 finger lid for $10 was the norm in my area. :D
    (You held your fingers horizontally against the baggie to measure its depth.)

5. MyLazyHand

MyLazyHand Russia and France Know What to Do

Reputations:
    Back when I was a boy of 16 and knew nothing about pot, a guy offered to sell me a quarter pound of weed.

I had no perspective, so I said yes and dished out hundreds of bucks (I don't remember how much).

For the uninformed: a quarter pound of weed is a lot of marijuana. I received four Ziploc bags of wacky weed.

It did not have a name.

6. Tommy

Tommy New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    " I remember when a dime bag cost a dime..." - Willie Nelson.

7. potroast

potroast Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  8. Ashbeard

Ashbeard Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Someone ripped 4 of my peyton mannings out of my backyard this week. Must have been kids, they were 8ft tall but far from finished. What a waste. They didn't find all the eli's though muhahahahaha

9. Ashbeard

Ashbeard Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    $280 an oz is pretty steep even for that quality. Everyone must still buy off the street even though its legal in those states.

10. sstressed

sstressed enhancement toker VIP

Reputations:
    nice marketing ploy.

now lots of folks know about this dispensary.

for free.

:clap:

11. Snotty

Reputations:
    Yep.........And then you folded the flap over it and *POOF* You had a "Lid"........AHHH, The good ole' days.......

12. sstressed

Reputations:
    our dispensaries average price for supposedly great pot is $400 an ounce. so far, their pot is rated as very average. $400 for average pot. :jj:

it's ridiculous.

13. Snotty

Reputations:
    I'll bet it's "Medical" Weed......Hence the jacked up outa' sight pricing.................

14. sstressed

Reputations:
    you old fuck! :grouch:

we'd get a pound or a kilo and measure out bags by eye. i'd average out 16 lids from a pound. fluffy pot like jamaican would be 5 finger lids. very dense buds like from acapulco gold would make a 3 fingered lid.

then i got a triple beam and my world changed. :leaf:

15. booybob

booybob Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Is it going to be covered under Obamacare??

16. booybob

booybob Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I remember back in the day you could get a a bag of killer green bud for 50-60 an oz and still on the stick Thai Stick for no more than 100.

17. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    Wait till insurance starts covering it.

18. Snotty

Reputations:
    I haven't smoked weed for almost thirty years now.....'Cept once...An old skool hippy buddy of mine was at a bar in Memphis we haunted and he was talking to another friend about some killer shit he scored that was grown hydroponic? All I know is when he opened the baggie, It was the cleanest smelling weed I've ever smelled......It was......Alpine.....So I go out back with them just to get a whiff of it burning.....Smelled so delicious that I foolishly asked to take just one hit.....Knowing if I got tested my life would blow the fuck up, But I couldn't resist it.....So I took that single, Delicious, Intoxicating, Luscious toke.......Just that one......It was the finest buzz I've ever experienced from weed.....Thai Stick, Red Bud, Ick-Sticky from Humboldt County California can't compare to it........That's all I know.......

19. Brokenbad

Brokenbad Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I haven't smoked in so long that the quality of todays weed would turn me into a babbling idiot. I'd want to name the weed "Beth Stern".

20. Tommy

Tommy New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    The Payton manning pot makes you feel like a retarded blockhead and the Eli Manning pot makes you feel like a retarded queer.