Entertainment Philadelphia sportstalk host Josh Innes fired yesterday for this tweet and other factors

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by MutteringJohn, Aug 25, 2016.

1. MutteringJohn

MutteringJohn Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This firing was covered by many of the national sports blogs like Deadspin. The PC police came down hard on Innes who was blasting a host on another station which took calls from a person who was actually a station producer who imitated a black caller. After it was exposed the host denied knowledge that he knew the caller who called on an almost daily basis for close to two years. The host producer and other employees of station were party to the fake caller while keeping the actual host in the dark.

Philadelphia sports radio station WIP fired host Josh Innes today, a day after he made fun of 97.5 The Fanatic’s Mike Missanelli over the revelation that his white producer Pat Egan created an imaginary stereotypical black caller named “Dwayne From Swedesboro.”

Crossing Broad first reported the firing, which apparently occurred after Innes was getting ready for today’s show, because he still announced the guests around noon Eastern:

Innes, who called Philadelphia Eagles offensive lineman Jason Kelce a “house Negro” in January, took every opportunity to lay into his rivals Tuesday for the dumb hack bit. Crossing Broad transcribed part of yesterday’s show, in which Innes referred to Missanelli as “Soul Man”:

People are tweeting me about – I’m gonna start calling Mike “Soul Man” now – but Soul Man or Al Jolson whatever you wanna call him, but I’ll go Soul Man – it was a C. Thomas Howell movie where a guy takes a pill to be black – so evidently over at 97.5 they’re a bunch of soul men over there and their whole schtick is that they have fake callers. And then what I’m being told by people on twitter is they’re trying to paint is as everyone in the world has fake callers to the point that they’re referencing Howard Stern and saying the whack pack…no the whack pack are actual whackos who called in because they could get people to call into their radio show and don’t have to fake it. I mean you’d think with your lame, lousy questions, real people would call up and answer your softball, general knowledge garbage, but as it turns out, your callers are as fake as your hair.

[...]

He is a guy that is offended on behalf of everyone and everything, that is his schtick. He is Soul Man. But you mean to tell me that you don’t think Soul Man had any clue for a couple of years that a guy that was calling his show was not real. You don’t belive that, and that’s also not the story, by the way. The story is not that there’s a fake caller…the problem is when it comes to 97.5, everything about that radio station is 100% phony. I knew the hosts were phony, because I knew that guys like Rob Ellis were asking to stay on the show with me…or the Cuz shakes you hand to your face and then tells everyone behind your back that you suck, or that Mike’s hair is actually black. I know there’s a lot of phonies over there. I didn’t realize the callers that called the show were fake and they stacked the lines.

And not just fake callers, guys who are WHITE pretending to be BLACK guys. Like, that’s what makes me laugh about all of this. Mr. Soul Man, who is offended by everything…white guilt to the nth degree and he pretends to be boys with all his brothas, HE WOULDN’T LET YOU MOW HIS FREAKIN LAWN on the Main Line. Oh but on the air he’ll pander to you hard and you’ll buy it because you think brothers are actually calling the show. Turns out it’s a WHITE GUY pretending to be black calling the show.”

2. Mark Mayonnaise

Mark Mayonnaise You look like a tree! VIP

Reputations:
  3. Tickle Shits

Tickle Shits Special Needs Typist. Gold

Reputations:
    He's a douche bag. I hate his show anyway... Why can't 94 keep anyone on at that spot.

SorryBoff and Mouthfullofsallad like this.
  4. CrucifiedAGT

CrucifiedAGT He's Around VIP

Reputations:
    Everything about Philly other than the cheesesteak is hot garbage. Fuck that shithole.

[​IMG]

5. Divorce Chicken

Divorce Chicken white punk on dope VIP

Reputations:
    What happened to Angelo on WIP?

6. BleedingGums

BleedingGums Fesh Fox Faggot VIP

Reputations:
  7. Cheri

Cheri Skunk VIP

Reputations:
    I liked Mike Missanelli.

8. Chriza

Chriza The One Man Gangbang VIP

Reputations:
    @Tuesday is like a hundred and still has the body of a 25 year old, and the brains of someone in their mid 40s. She's right up there with a cheesesteak in terms of being a valuable asset to Philly.

Tuesday likes this.
  9. MutteringJohn

Reputations:
    Innes was an irreverent sportstalk host who idolized Stern. His father was voice of Scooby Doo. He initially came into the drivetime shift and became #1 in the ratings against the competing station. After several months the listeners grew tired of his act and switched back to the competing host on the other station, Mike Missannelli. Innes did some really funny bits when he started out like "Not a brother". He used sound drops of Steven A Smith and were trying to determine who was a brother. He was suspended a few times for bits that went over the top. Is a picture of Al Jolson in blackface offensive. I guess when your CBS owned radio station which is in the process of selling it's sports radio division, it is.

computer blue likes this.
  10. FishySausage

FishySausage Original Nuttah VIP Gold

Reputations:
  11. DrSublux

DrSublux Who am dis VIP

Reputations:
    Cataldi? That blowhard is still there in the mornings

Divorce Chicken likes this.
  12. computer blue

computer blue Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Innes sucked and his ratings were dropping. The blackface pic is being used as an excuse to fire him.

SorryBoff likes this.
  13. slab0meat

slab0meat negative creep

Reputations:
    Than than the silly name-calling, he's basically spot-on about Missanelli. Champion of the People, as long as you're a filled-with-white-guilt liberal.

Super Dave likes this.
  14. Rockside7

Rockside7 VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:

I get a pepper steak that looks just like that here in LA, I may go there for lunch now.

It's not necessarily a 'cheese steak' because, I don't usually get the cheese (provolone) on it.

CrucifiedAGT likes this.
  15. MutteringJohn

Reputations:
    This is true but they still have to pay his contract and anyone they replace him with will get lower ratings.

16. Rockside7

Rockside7 VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:

I would eat this.

Perfectly cooked as far as I'm concerned.

I could even go a little rarer.

Scarlett Ohara likes this.
  17. Buffalo Balls

Buffalo Balls Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Umm...you're from Cleveland :jj:

Slow and JesusTwins like this.
  18. CrucifiedAGT

CrucifiedAGT He's Around VIP

Reputations:
    Exactly. Hows that feel? An asshole from Cleveland looks down on your town full of 700 level white trash.

19. Calloused Shins

Calloused Shins Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Says the guy from Ohio:jj:

JesusTwins likes this.
  20. Buffalo Balls

Buffalo Balls Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Innes was nothing more than an "old Stern" wannabe.