Politics Philando Castile killing in Minnesota

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by gwartney, Jul 10, 2016.

1. gwartney

gwartney Unafilliated Gold

Reputations:
    I'm having a real problem with seemingly everyone saying that that the cop murdered this guy. Of all the killings, everyone seems to be assuming that the cop is guilty of murder. Maybe he is but I've seen absolutely no proof. The video his girlfriend made was taken after the killing. She is saying that he told the cops he was licensed to carry and that he was reaching for his license. That's it. Because of the legal system, the police are not yet allowed to give their side of the story. The News people are eating up all the protests and showing the families crying and blaming the cops. This cop has been tried and convicted in public without being allowed to tell his side. There are other videos, body cams, etc. that have not been released yet. I feel terrible for the family and his girlfriend. She may be telling the truth but she may not be.

Giuliani is on Face the Nation right now saying how I feel very eloquently. The moderator is freaking out trying to stop him. I hope you saw it because you'll never get a chance to see it again.

2. Gwarn1

Gwarn1 Worlds poorest sugar daddy VIP

Reputations:
    Youre racist!

3. Anfkid

Anfkid Blue Banner Mafia Staff Member

Reputations:
    I'll wait till more evidence is presented. All I saw was the bleeding man and the lord have mercy stuff. If the cop is guilty, fuck him but one bad cop don't mean all our peacekeepers are like this. That's what these lunatics out there need to realize.

ZevonFan, Gusbuss, Cheri and 18 others like this.
  4. gwartney

Reputations:
    I'm trying to be even handed. Why doesn't the Black Lives Matter movement do something about black on black crime? For every black person killed by a cop, there are dozens of black men killed by other black men.

5. gwartney

Reputations:
    Exactly.

6. Shamrock12

Shamrock12 Bouncy... Bouncy...

Reputations:
    Granted you never know how you are going to act in a situation... id imagine if i had a chikd with me and someone was shot, id be concerned about the child, and my first thought would not be to pull out my phone

7. Gwarn1

Reputations:
    I asked a black Facebook friend of mine that question. 60 blacks shot by other blacks in Chicago just last weekend. Chicago on pace to have 700 dead black men this year.
    He said that's their culture and it's different when white cops come in their community and kill on of theirs.

Pretty much all I need to know about blacklivesmatter

8. Gwarn1

Reputations:
    the cop does say he told him not to put his hands down there and he did Anyway

joyceface likes this.
  9. Anfkid

Reputations:
    I straight up got in a black guys face the other day in dialysis, BLACK LIVES DON'T MATTER. ALL LIVES MATTER. He was gettin too fuck those cops. etc..

10. goldtopper

goldtopper Well Known Heterosexual Gold

Reputations:
    I live 7 miles from where this "peaceful" protest occurred last night. The 15 injured cops might disagree with the peaceful part.

Two days ago a 2 year old was killed and a 15 month old injured- B on B crime, gang shooting. Nobody is there to protest this issue. :coffee: This happens every day in North Minneapolis. It's just a way of life and apparently acceptable. A fucking 2 year old and a 15 month old, are you kidding me?

11. Anfkid

Reputations:
    I heard the gf say "you told him to get his wallet" I'm sure we only saw snippets of the tape. Plus there's police cruiser footage to be seen by officials. They'll make the determination on this quick or it's gonna be a brutally bloody summer..worse than we seen so far.

Gusbuss and joyceface like this.
  12. stash

stash 2017 Kimbra of All Media VIP

Reputations:
    at best he's completely incapable of understanding the black man's strife, having never walked in the black man's shoes. And is therefore not eligible to comment. :grad:

maybe they do realize it but they want an excuse to act out. :dontknow:

Bobby Axelrod likes this.
  13. Gwarn1

Reputations:
    They say saying all lives matter is offensive and racist.

RenchFries and jaw_belize like this.
  14. Lou Loomis

Lou Loomis Feel the Gern

Reputations:
    Hope making the thread makes you feel better about things :hug:

I see a lot of people on social media who say "i'm not one to preach on social media but....." then 7,000 words later. Catharthis Complete.

I feel you. The state of things stirs shit up, for sure.

15. Anfkid

Reputations:
    Cities will burn this summer if people don't start realizing that quick.

JFK likes this.
  16. stanggirl

stanggirl There's no replacement for displacement VIP

Reputations:
    This is true..but if cops are truly targeting blacks..then you can't negate that

17. pope29

pope29 Saloon's Oldest Mult

Reputations:
    It's not just white cops killing blacks in their community. Maybe we should put a fence around them and let them fend for themselves.

Crowder was talking about waiting for facts after the first shooting.

Tickle Shits and RenchFries like this.
  18. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    In the girlfriend's video she actually ADMITS Castile moved after he was told not to. It doesn't make any difference if she said he was reaching for his license, the cop doesn't know whether that's true or he's actually reaching for his gun. Anyone who moves after he's specifically told not to runs the risk of being shot, the cop can't know what your real intentions are and he's entitled to protect himself.

goldtopper likes this.
  19. Gwarn1

Reputations:
    The last two murders here were blacks just innocently going about their day. Not gang member or anything, just out minding their business. Killed for money. No protests, no marches against the violence, no reverend Al, nothing

Bobby Axelrod likes this.
  20. Night Ape

Night Ape Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    All we really know is what Ms. Reynolds told us in the FB video. Until the Five-O release a definitive statement we can't cross-reference and determine what may have actually happened.

Until then, we're left with the option of not getting involved or diving headlong into the politicization of the event.

You're either a Leftist Pussy and you believe everything the victim(s) say as gospel or you're a Right-wing Nutjob and you level the man's credibility by digging up his past, presenting it as some kind of justification for his murder.

What a wonderful world we've crafted for ourselves.