Sports Phins Peepz Am I Taking Crazy Pills?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by TallTyrion, Feb 2, 2016.

1. TallTyrion

TallTyrion Triggered like a mofo VIP

Reputations:
    GLguygardner likes this.
  2. wife is a whore

wife is a whore Stripped of POTY for butthurting staff VIP

Reputations:
    I'm going to be sad when the Jaguars move to London and bump the Phins from AFC East to AFC South. I consider them, not the Pats to be the Jets biggest rivalry.

potroast, GLguygardner and TallTyrion like this.
  3. TallTyrion

Reputations:
    That shit goes back to the 70s.
    They better not pull that or I riot

GLguygardner and wife is a whore like this.
  4. wife is a whore

Reputations:
    Jags are the team to go. They aint letting the Raiders move to London.

London team going to be in an East division. No one is leaving the NFC East, cause Jerry Jones aint letting the Cowboys get booted out. Jets, Buffalo and Pats are all right together, so they aint moving. Dolphins be playin Titans, Texans and Colts. 2 domes instead of 3 freezing stadiums late in the year.

TallTyrion likes this.
  5. TallTyrion

Reputations:
    I get that the faguars are the next shit team to move.....but London? YGBSM

wife is a whore likes this.
  6. wife is a whore

Reputations:
    I think it is a horrible concept. Between taxes, inability to sign free agents, criminal records, jet lag from Seattle/SF/SD/LA having to go play over there, it is fuckin stupid.

7. broccoli rob

broccoli rob thanks for the memories DW3

Reputations:
    Reshad Jones was the best safety in the NFL this year and IMO the only Dolphin that should have been in the Pro Bowl. I was happy to see Landry get in, though.

As far as Marino's comments, I watched the video. He wasn't really over the top, just said he believed in the pieces on the team. Marino is a Dolphin employee, slowly being worked into a larger personnel role evaluating the roster and even college kids. So what do you really expect him to say? I don't think he looks stupid, unlike Ross who once proclaimed Chad Henne to be the best Dolphin QB since Marino and guaranteed Super Bowls in the near future.

The team could get into position to compete quickly, but all personnel decisions have to be made perfectly. That is far from a given. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that the Dolphins need 2 guards, tackle depth, pass rushing help, 2 linebackers, and 2 corners. Can you get all that in one season? Probably not. Could players step up and role player FA's step in and fill major holes? Sure. But a lot of pieces have to fall in to place.

You have two Dolphin free agents that figure to be top 10 Free Agents this offseason in Olivier Vernon and Lamar Miller. That goes to show the Fins do have talent on the team... Letting both of these guys walk is a fucking dumb move, then they would have to fill two more holes. Dolphins are infamous for letting talent walk (B. Marshall, V. Davis, S. Smith, etc)

When free agency and the draft are said and done, if they can acquire:

2 Guards (free agency)
    2 Corners (1 draft pick/ 1 free agent)
    2 Linebackers (1 draft pick/ 1 free agent; 1 ILB/ 1 OLB)

They would be off to a good start. They need to start looking at Matt Forte and Alfred Morris if they let Miller walk (which would be a huge mistake).

Vance Joseph seems like a hell of a defensive coach and I think he will want to target a corner (or two) and two linebackers. and a pass rusher. Miller will probably be lost in FA, likely to Dallas. Now you have another hole at RB.

They have a lot of pieces to fill, so its unlikely they will become playoff contenders in 2016. However, IF they have 2 years of solid moves, they could compete. IF.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
  8. John Mahlin

John Mahlin These go to eleven Gold

Reputations:
    Goodell maybe worse than Gary Bettman, and saying something. All of these commissioners are one single voice for all of the owners. Bunch of greedy, lying cocksuckers.

9. wife is a whore

Reputations:
    Without looking at the free agent class, Miller is not top 10. RB is so devalued that most teams would rather roll the dice on a 3rd round pick than spend cap space on a free agent.

Forte is a pointless signing, unless you think you are heading to the Super Bowl next year. Dude is old and often hurt to begin with. Morris I think is good, probably a wash w/ Miller.

10. TallTyrion

Reputations:
    Just getting someone to work there because of the insane amount of tax you pay is unrealistic.

Btw, I just had some uncomfortable silence with a poor sod in Walmart.....is there a nice way to say, I can't stop looking at your wife's tits?

11. wife is a whore

Reputations:
    Smile and thumbs up.

12. broccoli rob

Reputations:
    Miller is not a top 10 running back only because the Dolphins horrible offensive scheme last year. Horrid. The guy is a hell of a runner, an ascending back, and certainly top 10. If he goes to Dallas, he has a breakout year next year. He will have several offers from different teams this offseason who see his potential.

I hope he is devalued because I think the Fins need him back, he is an integral part of the offense moving forward. Dolphins can't let Miller go and roll with Ajayi and Damien Williams. They will need to acquire a back in free agency,
    there is not enough draft picks to start blowing them on running backs. Alfred Morris would make way more sense than Matt Forte, but I could see them going either direction.

With Adam Gase at the helm and Clyde Christensen at OC, the Dolphins will run a Colts style no huddle offense (not Andrew Luck Colts, think Peyton Manning Colts). It won't be predicated on a homerun threat run game, so for that reason, I think they invest the $ in the OL and let Miller walk. DC Vance Joseph will assuredly be at GM Chris Grier and Adam Gase's ears trying to acquire the pieces he wants. There is a priority for upgrading OL, LB, and CB first.

I could see Pacman Jones and possibly Reggie Nelson in Dolphin uniforms next year. Not sure how I will be able to root for Pacman, but it will surely be an upgrade over what they have now.

OV, TallTyrion and wife is a whore like this.
  13. broccoli rob

Reputations:
    cut B. Grimes, D. Thomas, E. Mitchell, K. Misi, B. McCain
    restructure: Albert, Suh, Wake
    resign: Miller, OV

FA: 2 FA guards (Brandon Brooks, another starting quality guard), Pacman and Reggie Nelson. Derrick Johnson possibly. Morris (if Miller walks)

draft- need to go:

1) Hargreaves/Alexander (or Jalen Ramsey but he'll definitely be gone
    2) Myles Jack
    3) trade back, take Ragland

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some of these guys will definitely be gone by the time they were picked in these mocks, but these are the type of players the Fins need to target to fill some of these holes.

TallTyrion and wife is a whore like this.
  14. TallTyrion

Reputations:
    I agree with your cuts.

I don't want Glass Albert here.
    If I could have fired everyone on the team but Miller, Landry and Matthews, I would have done it.

They need the following if they keep Tannehenne and Moore.
    OL with the exception of a center
    LB (all positions)
    DB (all positions)

15. broccoli rob

Reputations:
    You're 100% correct, Albert cannot be relied on. I do think they hold onto him one more year because its just simply too many moving pieces. We will see an vast upgrade on LT#2 over Jason Fox, who might just be the worst offensive lineman I have ever seen play the sport.

I would have no interest in offering Matthews a contract. He will go on to have a productive career elsewhere, but IMO, the Fins need a little consistency in their receivers. Parker #1 and Landry as a moveable piece but primarily slot, and Stills as a deep threat. Matt Hazel is your #4 who has potential to be another Rishard Matthews.

If the offseason was as simple as the game of Madden, I would cut Jordan Cameron if I could sign Ladarius Green. He is another TE with monster potential if used properly.
    More realistically, I would like to see the Dolphins restructure Jordan Cameron in an incentive based contract and use him properly this year.

Moore and his $3.5 million salary need to be cut. Overpaid and looks to be regressing. I would bring in a young guy to groom along with Logan Thomas (4th-5th round draft pick i.e. Kessell, Prescott - I thought both looked good in Senior Bowl)

I believe Adam Gase and Clyde Christensen, and two new starting caliber guards are the best environment Tannehill will have had in his entire career.
    If Tannehill takes two steps forward this year (which I believe him to), I will be back to see if you still call him Tannehenne... :D
    If this doesn't, you will see me shitting on him as he gets a second shot on a new team.

16. baltimore mike

baltimore mike I wear panties 24/7 364

Reputations:
    I would like to see a re alignment kind of bored with the some old divisions

17. broccoli rob

Reputations:
    With FA around the corner and cuts already being made... Here is how I would compete.. quickly.

Re-sign: OV (franchise tag if need be), Lamar Miller (5-6M/yr), Derrick Shelby (2.5 million/yr)
    Cut: Jordan Cameron, Dallas Thomas, Earl Mitchell, Dion Jordan, Koa Misi, Kelvin Sheppard
    Restructure: Suh, Wake
    Cap space: about $48M-50M even if OV is franchised tagged (at $15M for 2016)

FA:
    G - Alex Boone (8M) and/or Evan Mathis (4.5M)
    TE - Ladarius Green (3.5M)
    backup: Jordan Cameron on a team friendly deal (2.5M)
    DT - Paul Soliai (5M)
    OLB - Bruce Irvin (7M)
    ILB - James Laurinitis (7M)
    backup plan: Derrick Johnson
    CB - Trumaine Johnson (8M)
    backup plan: Janoris Jenkins, Adam Jones, Sean Smith
    **would cut Brent Grimes, recoup 9.5M, and sign another 1 of these corners if its possible to grab 2**

FS - Reggie Nelson (5.5M)

Draft:
    Round 1: Myles Jack, OLB or Vernon Hargreaves III, CB or Jaylon Smith, OLB
    **If I took VH3 and picked up Trumaine, Janoris, Adam Jones, or Sean Smith in FA, i'd trade Brent Grimes for whatever draft pick I can get**

draft big board: (grab best available)
    Kendall Fuller, CB
    Kentrell Brothers, ILB
    Eli Apple, CB
    Vadal Alexander, G
    Bronson Kaufusi, DE
    Dak Prescott, QB
    Sebastian Tretola, G
    Dak Prescott, QB
    Cody Whitehair, G
    Scooby Wright, G
    Jalen Mills, S
    Artie Burns, CB
    Antonio Morrison, ILB
    Kenyan Drake, RB
    Deon Bush, S
    Cody Kessler, QB

If Gase maximizes Tannehill's potential (as many believe will happen) and Vance Joseph coaches up the D, that team could compete this year.

@TallTyrion @Shivvy @wife is a whore @OV

TallTyrion and Shivvy like this.
  18. wife is a whore

Reputations:

Suh aint giving any money back. Taking any of this year's $23mill base and converting it into bonus is just gonna make the next few years worse and Suh harder to cut.

19. Shivvy

Shivvy 100k Post Club

Reputations:
    Ya I don't see Suh agreeing to a change unless the Dolphins are a legit contender. Then you have to ask of Suh even gives a shit about a ring

20. Snotty

Snotty My Snothand be strong!!! VIP Gold

Reputations:
    No F'n way....Why? Because the rivalry in the AE revolves......From Jets/Patriots to Jets/Dolphins.......Same in the NE with Cowboys/'Skins/Eagles/Giants.....
    Depending on who is on top season to season.......