Pittsburgh Pete's Call to Howie Today

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Divorce Chicken, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Divorce Chicken

Divorce Chicken white punk on dope VIP

Reputations:
    Anyone hear this? I thought it deserved it's own thread as it was clearly a set-up for Howie:
    • Pete calls and says that Shuli is a rat who's feeding Artie information about how Howie has "changed"
    • Howie responds with a cheerful, pre-rehearsed response saying that he is "always changing" that he's very happy with the content of his show and that Shuli can say whatever he wants because Howie's not "God" and he can't control people and what they say
    Clearly not Howie-like on many, many levels. Seems to be Turk/get things done-generated BS.

It seems to be either a message to SXM or an admission that this is they way it is, so please follow him in his next venture. Softening up the listeners so to speak.

blindbella, icypussy, GCD1 and 6 others like this.
  2. Benjamen

Benjamen Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard now takes on his mother's tone and cadence when he "cheerfully" scolds callers for being so impolite as to mention Artie's name on his show about celebrity worship, newscaster bloopers and cranky calls. He doesn't need Marci to teach him how to be passive-aggressive.

3. joyceface

joyceface Queen of Everything VIP

Reputations:
    Artie is one of Pittsburgh petes favorite topics, so howard knew that going into the call.

ARM likes this.
  4. TheHighHat

TheHighHat Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

sino8r, Penelope, Humongous and 2 others like this.
  5. SternsEgo

SternsEgo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Pete does the shittiest job of trying to get people riled up. No one on the staff has to feed artie anything, thats what the ex-fans and twitter is for, hell just stop by the shed for 5 mins and you can read up on howie has changed for the worst. Plus i'm sure art keeps in somewhat touch with former staffers and comedians. I'm pretty sure even gilbert called up art and told him he was banned from the show.

6. Vincenzo69

Vincenzo69 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Pete makes Hanzi look like a young Robert Redford.

Napoleon V, SternsEgo and Mulletude like this.
  7. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard should be less concerned if he is happy with the content of the show and more concerned about whether his PAYING audience is happy with it.

8. Vincenzo69

Reputations:
    Yeah probably was staged. The show is going off the air forever in a month and a half and this was probably Howard's final FU to his fan base.

cookie5000 likes this.
  9. TheHighHat

TheHighHat Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  10. greenchiclets

greenchiclets Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Just asking in case I missed something, but is the show going away for sure? Or are we speculating that it is? Can't keep track of all this tomfoolery!

11. Mugsy

Mugsy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Pete sounds even more burnt out than i remember...

12. Cum Burrito

Cum Burrito Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    "i'm not jeshushh chrishhht"... ugh his lisp skeeves me out

Sanctuary, queerface, lisac37 and 6 others like this.
  13. Vincenzo69

Reputations:
    IF Howard wanted to do another 5 year deal SiriusXM just lost $190 million in a bs lawsuit. I don't think physically they have the money left plus they figure combo of Opie and Dopie and maybe an Artie or Carolla show on 100 and or 101 could be a cheap replacement.

Most Howard fans still love Artie they just don't want to pay an extra $7 per month to hear his podcast

Howard is so sick of radio but still would love to be on tv and part of the A-list crowd. I think he ends up doing something on cable.

!!!kaboom!!! likes this.
  14. SillyOldMan

SillyOldMan Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I haven't listened to the clip but this sounds like an interesting segment. My take is that this follows Howard's MO of lying, and saying the exact opposite of what he is feeling. Remember, at first, Howard said he wasn't upset at Stuttering John for leaving the show. And then it's only a matter of time before SJ is a enemy and never heard from again. Howard has done this time and time again with people.

If Howard allowed the call on the air, the intent was to send a warning shot to Shuli and to everyone else on the staff that Howard will find out who is the rat. If Howard in fact has evidence that Shuli was communicating with Artie (or radar online) about Marci Turk and the back office dealings, then bringing Shuli into the studio was absolutely BRILLIANT passive aggressive Howard. It was almost mafia-like by making Shuli squirm and lie to Howard's face about something that Howard already knows is true.

If Howard knows Shuli has gone against the cult of Stern, I expect Shuli to be slowly eliminated from the show but Howard will never mention what the real reason was.

And this is a classic example for why I call Bullshit on the fact that Howard has "changed." I think Howard is the same narcissistic asshole bully he has always been. He no longer needs certain people in his life and has moved on to using people like Ellen, Jennifer Anniston, Barbara Walters, Matt Lauer, Lisa Chen, Rosie, etc. All of those new "friends" are mainstream celebrities and most have big tv show presence. This is what Howard wants in his life now so as a narcissist, he has worked incredibly hard to use them for his own branding purposes.

15. Vincenzo69

Reputations:
    Pete has the mind of a 5th grader, literally.

16. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    What I heard
    Zzzzzzzz

Lster likes this.
  17. Freedom Fries

Freedom Fries Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ^
    This

JustLurking likes this.
  18. SillyOldMan

SillyOldMan Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    LOL at Howard's passive aggressive BURP at arond 39:30 minute mark. I should have predicted that in my post above. Howard does that ALL THE TIME when he sets up a caller to ask him about somebody badmouthing him, etc. Howard will talk about it as if it is not even worthy of his time. And one way to convey that is by burping loud on air. As if to say that he is even physically disgusted with having to recognize the topic at hand.

If I had the time and the audio at hand, I could put together dozens and dozens of those burps. He did it when acknowledging Artie's comments last I remember.

PelicanWig, Guacamole, judyg and 3 others like this.
  19. Mugsy

Mugsy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    True, but he is also a druggy, and it really shows in that clip...

20. June DeMay

June DeMay Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    If Howard responded to Pete with something witty or insightful I would have been surprised.

Lame is M.O. these days. Just expect it and you won't be disappointed.