Playing Artie Lange Show Podcasts In Order

Discussion in 'The Artie Lange Show' started by shitba, Mar 8, 2014.

1. shitba

shitba Shot Dead VIP

Reputations:

Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
  2. release

release New Member

Reputations:
    I don't use an ipod. Not trying to be a dick, but have you tried editing the filenames so they sort in the correct order? Or does it prioritize based on something else? Can you order by date?

3. shitba

shitba Shot Dead VIP

Reputations:

4. Peau de Soie

Peau de Soie Edit Button? Thanks LaserTilt!

Reputations:
    I don't use iPod or iPhone/iPad for podcasts. Most players and podcast clients at least allow you to order your playlist as desired. I use Antennapod.

Also, VLC for Android will play Artie's show correctly in alphabetical order, even without a playlist.

You might try the Rockbox replacement firmware for iPod.

The reason I think this happens to you is that they release the hours as they happen and iTunes always offers the most recent first.

Probably something Artie's ace tech team could tag better.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
  5. jaceson

jaceson Member

Reputations:
    On Doggcatcher they order when they are put up. The order has been all over the place. I have to sort them myself once they are up.. Sometimes I think they will put hour2 up first just to be dicks..

6. Asshat

Asshat Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The iphone podcasts app is such an abomination that I just d/l the files on the computer, copy them to the phone via usb cable, then switch the file type of each file from "podcast" to "audiobook". That way, the native music app recognizes it and things are pretty much like the good old days before the catastrophe that is the podcasts app came along. I can do all this on auto-pilot by now but it is still a pain in the ass and not to mention a wonderful testament to technological progress. :facepalm:

7. Peau de Soie

Peau de Soie Edit Button? Thanks LaserTilt!

Reputations:
    Another thing you COULD do is append the 3 files together (e.g. with copy a+b+c in a batch file) and just play the 1 big file. But I suspect adding them to a playlist is the simplest approach for most.

8. shitba

shitba Shot Dead VIP

Reputations:

9. shitba

shitba Shot Dead VIP

Reputations:

10. EddieDeanofNYC

EddieDeanofNYC New Member

Reputations:
    I was having similar issues and I just tinkered with the sort order so that the newest was on top. Then I also, just to be safe, made the play order as newest first. Now they're in order and play hour 1, then 2, then 3. So this may be easier than fucking with the files themselves.

11. nicksgt

nicksgt Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    i use Downcast on my iphone to download the podcast and it solves the problem for the most part. The shows are in backwards order by date but at least within a date they are in the correct order meaning my play list for this week would look like this:

March 18th Hour 1
    March 18th Hour 2
    March 18th Hour 3
    March 17th Hour 1
    March 17th Hour 2
    March 17th Hour 3

I strongly suggest Downcast..its much easier to play podcasts than using Apple's app...there are buttons built into the app that let you fast forward and rewind by timed intervals (15 sec, 30 sec 2 minute)...its great because when comedians come in or during his ad reads i just hit the 2 minute skip button until i get past it