Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Honkey Donkey, Jan 1, 2016.
anyone have any good stories about playing with fire as a kid ?
When I was a kid I didn't play with fire much because my father was a fireman. I had a friend who was a big time fire bug though. One time we were fuckin around out in the woods and my friend lit a towell on fire with a knot on the end. While it was flaming he threw it up in a tree and the whole dead tree lit up in flames . We ran the fuck out of there . The whole area went up in flames and the fire trucks came to put it out . My father was one of the firemen there to put it out. My friend asked him what happened and he said some kids set a brush fire . He never knew it was us fucking around out there .
tell a story
Meh.......I'm boring. I was always kinda safe whilst playing with matches as a kid. I became much more dangerous when I got older. I build huge bonfires, test puddles to see if it's gasoline or water that leaked out of my car with matches and have burned the hair off of my arms/legs using road flares and methanol to start the previously mentioned bonfires.
Back in the day,before glade spray we used to have matches to light after taking s dump. Must have been around eight years old, somehow the whole book caught on fire. I dropped them and the carpet caught on fire. Don't remember how I put it out, but I remember my dad was cool about it. Taught me the proper way to light a match, whatnot.
After seeing live and let die we went and shot arisol cans at fire to make flame throwers . I was always scared shit of the flame going into the can but we did it just the same . If it was good enough for Bond then it was good enough for me .
We lived on a road that was constantly under construction. A lot of new houses were going up and there was an airport nearby. We were going into the woods near the airport with a bow & arrows to target shoot and we walked through a house being built, took a tube of caulk because it was there and we felt like breaking the law... The white suburban kid breaking the law where nobody gets hurt and no property was damaged...
In the woods, we shot arrows and watched the planes land. As it was getting dark, we decided to head home. Before we did, we took the tube of caulk and smashed it against a rock, it just split open. So we scraped a wad onto an arrow... My friend was ducking around and lit it on fire. We looked at each other and were like "flaming arrows!!!". The first one launched with a streak of smoke. The second with the same streak. The third: just smoke. After ten (each shot in somewhat different directions) we got bored and left.
... The smoke turns back into fire when it lands . Each arrow smoldered for a while then caught stuff on fire. The area was wooded and covered in leaves, which also smoldered.
Long story short, the smoldering was worse than any fire. The burnt area would grow underneath the leaves with only smoke chutes there to let you know where it was. The scene was horrendous the next day... Just burnt leaves and smolder. Smoke chutes everywhere, but the ground looked normal. Except for the fact that all the underbrush was burnt and along the perimeter, random bushes would go up in flames when the smolder finally reached it.
It eventually evolved into a full on fire and burned down about 40 acres. Oddly, it went away from the airport. The point of origin was a picnic table halfway down the runway and point sources were located from 9:00 to 1:00 around the runway (where we shot the arrows). Wind was blowing northwest into the woods.
I melt aluminium and cast fire ant colonies. Once went to drop the aluminium pour on a huge hill when a rodent of some sort ran right under the molten metal that was pouring out and landed right on top of it. It screamed and ran away. The aluminium hitting it also caused it to splash, which caught my apron on fire. Still not sure how I wound up putting the crucible back on the fire without spilling it and doffing the apron.
There's a few times I could have started a major blaze. Later in my life, my dad was a firefighter, and I got scared. I don't fuck around anymore, and I am very paranoid about a fire in my house now.
#1 - friends and I, prolly 10 years old. Discovered if we threw his lawn jarts across the garage floor, they threw sparks. Put a big puddle of gas in the middle of the floor, launched a few jarts, and a few seconds later, his entire attached garage filled with black smoke.
#2 - same friends and I, now 14. Lit a newspaper on fire and put it back in the paper carrier. Burned it down and caught the mailbox alight. Cops were in the area, we managed to not get caught.
#3 - 15, stoned, and making big flames with head cleaning fluid (the good shit from the 80s). Used too much, it spilled off the aluminum heatsink I was using to contain the flames, and melted a big patch of my bedroom carpet.
My grandpa would always get drunk and burn things. Lived about a half mile away. I was maybe 15 or 16, home alone and looking at porn. A friend called and asked what the fuck was happening in my backyard. My grandpa had set a field on fire to burn off the straw. Naturally his drunk ass didn't care it was extremely windy and dry. Burned down a barn behind my house and a barn and storage shed on his land.
As for me, I always had fun as a kid. Growing up in the country has advantages. Lots of black powder bombs. And experimenting with gasoline and styrofoam for a good napalm mix. Me and some friends would always go camping for new years in VA. Fireworks were legal there and the two dads who went with us didn't give a fuck so we would stockpile fireworks/bottle rockets and have huge battles in the mountains. Good times. This thread made me feel nostalgic.
One Valentine's Day I was seeing a girl, nothing serious. We planned to meet at a hotel room in Nyc as she had something planned for us. I get there and she has candles etc all over the room.. I think you know where this is going.
Well we are fooling around ,I'm actually going downtown on her, I'm kneeling on the floor she's on the bed, I'm all up in there when I smell something.....no it wasn't her, it was fire!!!!! I knocked over some candles on to the bedspread which I has thrown off the bed in passion Smh
We panic , she actually picked up the blanket and we threw it In the tub and hosed down, the room was filled with smoke, but the alarm didn't go off.
We laughed about it , even her burns, the next day we noticed that a huge patch of the carpet war burnt to nothing. We then had to meet the manager in his office lol, I think I paid a small fine to repair, the two of us were about to piss ourselves laughing in that office.