Plead to Rob Zombie

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by mape, Sep 6, 2013.

1. mape

mape Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Just wasted $5 on Lords of Salem. Please stop making movies Rob. Did anyone else waste money on this piece of shit? :facepalm:.......must say I think his wife is pretty hot though.

2. knu3421

knu3421 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  3. Humongous

Humongous Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    My theory is he's a competent director but a shitty writer and that he further hamstrings himself by casting his dopey wife in everything. There are individual shots and sequences that "look" cool in some of his movies but overall, I never like his stuff very much because the story stinks. He ruined Halloween with all of the backstory. The coolest thing about Michael Meyers was that you didn't know what the fuck he was!
    I thought I heard somewhere that he was supposed to direct a hockey movie about the infamous 1972 Philadelphia Flyers a.k.a the Broadstreet Bullies. He's a huge hockey fan so maybe he could pull it off. Besides, it would be really tough for him to crowbar his wife into that one.

4. Tans Lover

Tans Lover Active Member

Reputations:
    Just watched the movie because Netflix mailed it to me. I loved "The Devils Rejects."

This movie was probably one of the worst I've seen. He is the Howard Stern of movie directors putting his horrible acting wife in every movie. The only positive was seeing his wife's ass in the beginning.

The Halloween remakes were horrible and if he makes a movie about the 1972 Flyers we can expect it to be crap at this point. He will probably have "Beth/Sheri" dancing around on the ice showing her ass.

Netflix also mailed me "The Iceman" which was somewhat watchable. Nothing compared to the real Iceman interviews on youtube,

5. Ruffypup

Ruffypup Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [video=youtube;7flrKMGfwjw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7flrKMGfwjw[/video]

6. Chimney Portions

Chimney Portions I drink cum Banned User

Reputations:
    I can't find the review I wrote in the Movies Mega Thread, but it was absolute shit. The Devil's Rejects was decent. Everything else was crap. Halloween II was maybe the shitiest movie with a decent budget ever made.

7. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    Never listen, not a fan.

Never watch, not a fan.

8. Night Ape

Night Ape Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Aside from some legitimately striking imagery and a great soundtrack, The Lords of Salem was honestly one of the worst horror movies I've ever seen.

Shock for the sake of shock (and not in a fun Lucio Fulci-way), really bad acting, a lifeless, recycled plot, a lead actress (if you can call her that) 20 years too old for the part she's playing, etc. Again, fucking horrible.

That being said, I'd probably see it again, if only to make sure it was as bad as I remember.

9. SEGA

SEGA Permanent Vacation VIP

Reputations:
    Don't watch horrors, so can't really say much about his work.

10. Rodney21a

Rodney21a Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Haven't seen a Rob Zombie Flick since House of 1000 corpses. I knew then he was a talentless hack who seems more interested in puting his moron wife in bad pictures, an NEVER NUDE. Now that she is old and I could give a fuck. After seeing his first movie I remembered he was a guy in a crappy wannabee band who showed up five weeks in a row to paint the HeadBangers Ball set BEHIND Rickkie Rachman in the early 90's. What "rock star" has the time to do that shit?