please sign this petition

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by Slippy, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Slippy

Slippy Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    ...........otherwise, you'll have a bunch of frustrated Canadians posting too much here the entire season.........

http://www.change.org/petitions/nhl...00-new-sports-jobs-rebuild-the-american-dream

My name is Bernie Nicholls. I love hockey and I love hockey fans. For the last 6 years my partners and I have been working on a project that will help the sports leagues, team owners, the sports industry and the fans. We call it "The New Sports Economy" and all we need now is your help to make it a reality.

Do you feel locked out? Chances are the same economic crisis that put this project on hold for four years put your life on hold as well. If you don’t feel passionate about your profession, you are not alone, 79% of people are in the same boat. Not to mention the fact that you are perhaps not employed, or were unemployed for a while and were under tremendous stress. That’s your personal lockout, and it is probably much more permanent than the current National Hockey League (NHL) lockout. If you are a full-time American employee, you essentially have a little over three hours a day to spend on leisure and sports throughout the work week. Wouldn’t it be great to increase that? Well, there are only so many hours in the day and unless you want to cut back on sleep or quit your job, this is the hand we have all been dealt. The only way to increase that number is making sure that life becomes play. That doesn’t mean you will work less. In fact, you may end up working more because your hobby becomes your work. But since you are doing something you love and you are passionate about, it won’t feel like work at all.

We are big believers in following your passion. Most people are very passionate about sports. Our vision is to open up a whole new world for you where you can find your own niche to make you the happiest person on earth. As more people do that, the collective result will be people that are happier and more productive. But something else will be accomplished. The New Sports Economy will make a dent in the chronic unemployment problem. We estimate that The New Sports Economy may save or create up to 100,000 jobs. We believe we have developed a good tool which will grow the pie. In the end though, it will be up to you to decide how you will participate in this new world. You will claim your slice and call the shots.

Our journey started with a simple question. Why is there not a stock market that trades teams like stocks? This curiosity eventually led to the creation of the SportRiskIndex (SRI). The SRI index is a measure of a team’s revenue generation capabilities. More valuable teams have higher numbers than lower value teams. Think of the stock prices of your favorite companies on Wall Street and the concept is similar. The difference here is that you don't need to take the sports teams public to trade their contracts. Our invention is currently patent pending in 45 countries including the United States. In 2007 we built and tested the Major League Baseball (MLB) index and an agreement with a financial exchange was in place to start trading it. The last step was regulatory approval and launch. Then came the 2008 financial crisis that touched all facets of our economy. Our exchange partner was out of business and the regulatory process was never completed with the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC). In the midst of all the economic uncertainty, funding dried up and no new exchange could be found. The project stalled.

Fast forward to today. A new exchange partnership is needed upon which the regulatory approval process can begin again. That is where YOU, the sports fan, can help. We need your signature to petition the NHL and the regulators for approval. If you give us your signature and tell your friends, we will do the rest.

Help us build The New Sports Economy and bring new opportunity and excitement for sports fans everywhere!

For more information, visit: http://TheNewSportsEconomy.ORG

2. Slippy

Reputations:
    ps: I signed it by default, but if somebody else feels like reading all that shit and giving me the Cliff's notes, that would rock

3. baltimore mike

baltimore mike I wear panties 24/7 364

Reputations:
    wgas

4. TagMan

TagMan Active Member

Reputations:
  5. Slippy

Reputations:
    you'll give a shit right fast, if naz, hal, lever, low etc have no goddamn hockey to watch all season, and spend all of their stupid time here ............ (I exclude low from the stupid comment....)

6. nazdrowie

nazdrowie Sultan of Sweat Gold

Reputations:
    jesus christ who knew Bernie was such a wordy fuck

no wonder they don't want him in the Hall of Fame...fucker would begin his induction speech on Wednesday and not finish till Saturday

7. BleedingGums

BleedingGums Fesh Fox Faggot VIP

Reputations:
    Tl;dr

8. Slippy

Reputations:
    I know :facepalm:

This is why guys need hockey. Otherwise they get all talkative and shit.

9. baltimore mike

baltimore mike I wear panties 24/7 364

Reputations:
    your right i do want less naz here

10. nazdrowie

Reputations:
    and I'm pretty sure HAL, low, lever (and blairg) don't care about hockey

they aint normal like me and you, Slips

11. Slippy

Reputations:
    :lo5:

sign the petition!

12. RobsDad

RobsDad Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Goodbye Winter Classic.

Didn't they have to make a decision to pull the plug by tomorrow?

Otherwise they owe Univ. of Michigan something like 3 million dollars?

Oh....and I signed.

13. Slippy

Reputations:
    How can you be Canadian and not care about hockey?

Fuckin' fake-ass wannabe girly-boys.

14. Nantrax

Nantrax Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    No Nantrax Mention!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:nocheer:

15. nazdrowie

Reputations:
    you ain't normal :c

16. Nantrax

Nantrax Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    True but I do watch Hockey :c

17. Slippy

Reputations:
    :lo5:

That was intentional, darling. You don't want to hear my opinions of the French teams. ;)

18. tomtom

tomtom Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Bernie was a great player in his short Chicago career. I signed the petition, give me the cliff notes too.

19. Chief2Kick

Chief2Kick I'm all sixes & sevens & nines Staff Member

Reputations:
    How come there so many canader mods?

20. Slippy

Reputations:
    I have a theory on that.

Dawg and Monk are brilliant. They know Canadians are pacifists, tack on a French Canadian and the white flag gets waved quite quickly.

Helps to keep peace on a board full of angry Yanks. :c