News Police Union Calls For Arby's Boycott After Officer Refused Service

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by BethSucks, Sep 2, 2015.

1. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    Police Union calls for Arby's boycott after officer snubbed
    [​IMG]
    PEMBROKE PINES -- A South Florida police union is calling for a national boycott of Arby's after police say an officer was denied service by an employee at the fast-food chain, reports CBS Miami.

According to a police report on the incident, the police officer was told by a manager at the restaurant that an employee did not want to serve her. The manager allegedly said, "He doesn't want to serve you because you are a police officer."

After the uncomfortable encounter, the officer said she was uncertain she wanted to eat at the restaurant. The manager tried to assure her everything was fine, and handed over her food. According to the report, the manager allegedly laughed and said the clerk was allowed to refuse service to the officer.

The officer decided not to eat at Arby's and went inside to ask for a refund.

[​IMG]
    CBS Miami

"I am offended and appalled that an individual within our community would treat a police officer in such a manner. It is unacceptable," said Pembroke Pines Police Department Chief Dan Giustino.

Arby's issued an apology in regards to the incident.

"We take this isolated matter very seriously as we respect and support police officers in our local communities," the statement read. "As soon as the issue was brought to our attention, our CEO spoke with the Police Chief who expressed his gratitude for our quick action and indicates the case is closed. We will be following up with our team members to be sure that our policy of inclusion is understood and adhered to."

In reaction to the incident, the Dade County Police Benevolent Association is calling for the employees involved to be fired.

"It is beyond comprehension and deeply troubling that a business would deny service to a law enforcement officer just for being a law enforcement officer,"said Florida and Dade County PBA president John Rivera in part. "In this case, after the clerk refused to serve the officer, the manager came up to the window laughing and said that the clerk had the right to refuse service to the officer. This is yet another example of the hostile treatment of our brave men and women simply because they wear a badge."

CBS Miami reports that the incident is considered to be isolated.

"We are very proud of the partnerships we have built within our city, and for an incident like this to have happened is very disappointing for everyone," said Chief Giustino.

It was Chief Giustino who contacted the corporation after the incident.

CBS Miami reports that according to police, the Arby's Chief Executive Officer Paul Brown and Senior Vice President of Operations Scott Boatwright apologized on behalf of the organization. Both men assured the chief, "The employee's behavior was unacceptable and not representative of the company's values."

2. goldtopper

goldtopper Well Known Heterosexual Gold

Reputations:
    Guess the Arby's chumps race?
    :c

3. LawyerLarry

LawyerLarry Mr. Fuckmoney in the Bank VIP

Reputations:
    They shoulda just spit in the cop's food.

hidden dragon likes this.
  4. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    You gotta be crazy to be in uniformed law enforcement and eat fast food.

When I hear the manager and employee are fired I might have a tasty roast beef there again.

5. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    The drive-thru clerk, who was identified as Kenneth Davenport, 19, sounded "short" with the officer when he or she was ordering, the police report says. Police would not divulge the name of the complaining officer.

When the officer drove to the pickup window, the store manager, Angel Mirabel, told the officer that the clerk "doesn't want to serve you because you are a police officer." Mirabel had to order Davenport to process the officer's credit card.

The officer expressed displeasure and concern about the safety of the food to the manager. Mirabel also allegedly told the officer that the clerk "has the right to refuse to serve" you.

The officer felt "uncertain" about the safety of the food and was given a refund.

6. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...efuses-serve-police-officer-article-1.2345954

When she went to the window for her food, the manager Angel Mirabal told her that clerk Kenneth Davenport "doesn't want to serve you because you are a police officer."

"I explained to Mirabal that this made me extremely uncomfortable and now wasn't certain I wanted to dine at the restaurant," Martin wrote. "Mirabal assured me everything was ok and handed me my food. Mirabel even laughed and said he is allowed to refuse to serve me."
    Martin went inside to demand a refund — and even then, Davenport wouldn't talk to her, her report says.

7. MyLazyHand

MyLazyHand Russia and France Know What to Do

Reputations:
    So if I work at Arby's I can refuse to serve black people? Those are really the rules in the handbook from corporate?

8. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    :facepalm:

Arby's apologized less than two hours after authorities announced the alleged snub of Pembroke Pines Police Sgt. Jennifer Martin.

[​IMG]

Trophy Knife and smichal like this.
  9. Mlaw

Mlaw Quite Contrarian Gold

Reputations:
    No, because race is a protected class, but you could refuse to serve say, a gay person, at least in the majority of states

10. unclefreddy

unclefreddy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'm surprised the manager told the officer that the clerk didn't want to server her. The mgr shouldn't have said anything and served the cop I thought maybe the cop wanted 50% their meal or something because they are in uniform.

Tracy and stash like this.
  11. unclefreddy

unclefreddy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Guilty with Extreme Prejudice!

12. Chicken Soda

Chicken Soda Unknown Member

Reputations:

Are they revamping their supply chain?

Anyonenow and SouthernListen like this.
  13. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    Did anyone at Arbys get fired?

14. Calloused Shins

Calloused Shins Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    He was just lookin out for her. Who the fuck eats Arby's. In fact, where the fuck is a Arby's

maroon likes this.
  15. kinneyjames

kinneyjames Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Lots of scumbags in Pembroke Pines/Miramar

Rupert Pupkin likes this.
  16. Big Biscuit

Big Biscuit Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Of course, in some ways Davenport was doing the police officer a favor, not sure their sandwiches are actually beef.

17. Murcielago

Murcielago Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

Reputations:
    Better off being refused service rather than receive some food with a unknown "surprise" mixed in.

18. Chicken Soda

Chicken Soda Unknown Member

Reputations:

What a whiny bunch. Is this their only way to exert influence after #BLM has them bent over with their pants down?

19. PI Nate

PI Nate Disenfranchised since 1984... Gold

Reputations:
  20. Just Me

Just Me VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I was gonna say she's one short haircut from me mistaking her for a man, but she don't even need the haircut.

unclefreddy likes this.