Politics Politifact: Rating Trump's Campaign Statements Truthfulness

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by OV, Nov 12, 2015.

1. OV

OV Rapscallion

Reputations:
    RoachCoachJokes likes this.
  2. the G-man

the G-man Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'm not a big Trump fan but Politifact was outed as, basically, an editorial (not objective journalist) site a few years ago. Them calling Trump, or any candidate,a liar is just someone's editorial view. It's no different than Maddow or Beck calling someone a liar.

joemama, reno, The Booey and 2 others like this.
  3. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    In business it's called "puffery". Nothing to see here.

scoobyla likes this.
  4. joyceface

joyceface Queen of Everything VIP

Reputations:
    PolitiFact.com is a project operated by the Tampa Bay Times, in which reporters and editors from the Times and affiliated media outlets "fact-check statements by members of Congress, the White House, lobbyists and interest groups".[2] They publish original statements and their evaluations on the PolitiFact.com website, and assign each a "Truth-O-Meter" rating. The ratings range from "True" for completely accurate statements to "Pants on Fire" (from the taunt "Liar, liar, pants on fire") for false and ridiculous claims.[3]

The site also includes an "Obameter", tracking President Barack Obama's performance with regard to his campaign promises, and a "GOP Pledge-O-Meter", which tracks promises made by House Republicans in their "Pledge to America". PolitiFact.com's local affiliates keep similar track of statements and figures of regional relevance, as evidenced by PolitiFact Tennessee's "Haslam-O-Meter" tracking Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam's efforts[4] and Wisconsin's "Walk-O-Meter" tracking Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker's efforts.[5]

PolitiFact has been both praised and criticized by independent observers, conservatives and liberals alike. Conservative bias and liberal bias have been alleged, and criticisms have been made of attempts to fact-check statements that cannot be truly "fact-checked".

Anyonenow likes this.
  5. Tickle Shits

Tickle Shits Special Needs Typist. Gold

Reputations:
    I usually discount a site that has a category of 'Pants on Fire' How do I correlate that to a true value. But that's just me.

6. ChimneySweep

ChimneySweep Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Is there a list for the rest of the candidates? Hillary's should be a fun read.