Politics Poll: In a Race Without Trump, Who Would You Vote For?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by OV, Feb 9, 2016.

?

Poll: In a Race Without Trump, Who Would You Vote For?

1. Clinton

8.6%
  2. Sanders

29.3%
  3. Biden - If Bernie & Hillary hopelessly gridlocked at Convention

7.8%
  4. Rubio

3.4%
  5. Kasich

25.0%
  6. Cruz

14.7%
  7. Carson

0.9%
  8. Bush

2.6%
  9. Christie

7.8%
  1. OV

OV Rapscallion

Reputations:
    Votes are visible

1Vegasgirl likes this.
  2. Droog

Droog Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I had to go Clinton. But the variable isn't Trump. I would probably vote Kasich if we didn't already have a conservative Supreme Court, Senate, and a lunatic House. Because of that, the only answer is a Democrat. If we had a fairly evenly split congress, I'd be for Kasich.

Sanders is a joke. He will lose in a general election without a doubt. Why anyone would vote for him in the primaries is beyond me. Not one of his proposals has a chance to become reality. Not one single thing. A single payer system of healthcare? The time to do that was when Dems had the power to do just that, and they proved to have more of an affinity to insurance companies than to the people. If Dems couldn't do it when they had 100% control, Republicans aren't going to. Taxing the wealthy to pay for college? Good luck getting Republicans to pass any bill like that. They want to cut taxes on the wealthy. He'd be even more powerless than Obama.

3. Ben Dover

Ben Dover Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I changed my status from Democrat to Independent a few months ago, specifically because I liked the ideas Trump was pitching. If he wasn't in the presidential race, I would have stayed as a Democrat and voted for Bernie.

If it comes down to Trump versus Sanders in November, I will have a difficult time deciding between the two. May come down to who they have selected as their Vice President.

FosterKitten, stanggirl and OV like this.
  4. Droog

Droog Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    So you don't care that neither of those candidates will be able to do anything they're pitching? :dontknow:

Trump thinks he's going to deport over 10M illegals. Is he going to change the laws of due process? Each and every one gets to go before a judge and they get representation. Build a wall and have Mexico pay for it? I don't think so. Bomb the hell out of the Middle East. Just wait until the first images of dead children start showing up. And he's going to take the oil. It's a ridiculous notion.

One of the interesting things about this race is people like Trump and Sanders for "telling it like it is," but the very things they like them for are the things they say they hate about politics. Politicians lying through their teeth and pandering to get votes on promises they know damn well they can't deliver. America is in a strange place these days.

5. Mr. Meatkabob

Mr. Meatkabob Unsticking the Bat Wings

Reputations:
    There is no appointed representation in deportation hearings. Defendants can hire counsel, but because the immigration laws are not considered criminal, there is no right to appointed counsel. Since most illegals have little to no money, most don't get attorneys. Still, they do have a right to a hearing, so there would still be a glut if Trump were serious about trying to deport large numbers of suspected illegals.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/31/sunday-review/immigrant-detainees-and-the-right-to-counsel.html

6. loogaroo

loogaroo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    bernie won virtually every demo including dems who voted for hillary in 2008 primary (60%)

he's gonna win

RobotsVsMonsters likes this.
  7. Time Bandit

Time Bandit Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  8. funnymoney

funnymoney Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    As long as people are informed and get out and vote, it will be great. I have been a Bernie Sanders supporter from the day he entered the race because his platform most closely matches my political preferences, and I happen to feel that he is sincere. I hope that this is the most democratic election process of all time and that people get informed and vote, and that no party big wigs or people with lots of money or corporations with lots of money choose the election for us like it has been done many times before.

ARM likes this.
  9. reno

reno VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I'm voting for Dougles. There's crazy talk about Lincoln wanting to free the slaves.

Droog, ljc and Mr. Meatkabob like this.
  10. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Wait until South Carolina when Hillary mops the floor with Bernie. Then Florida... Then Nevada...

New Hampshire and Iowa were outliers. Hillary has a COMMANDING lead in almost every remaining state.

11. SorryBoff

SorryBoff Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Out of that list I gotta go Kasich.

12. God

God Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  13. Precious

Precious Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    President Ventura and Vice President Wiggy, as long as the Jokeman writes all Wiggy's speeches and public statements and the kittens get Secret Service protection.

Pussy Tendon and ScottBaiosPenis like this.
  14. Vincenzo69

Vincenzo69 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Siempre voy a votear por el SeƱor Trump es un hombre muy guapo.

15. 1Vegasgirl

1Vegasgirl Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Good. It will be interesting to see who will vote for someone who is for gun confiscation.:)

TeeDonkey likes this.
  16. Dorb

Dorb Lovable Old Pig VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Doesnt much matter who gets in. By the last couple years of their second term we will all hate them and be looking toward the next election with the same kind of arguments. In a nation of self indulgent fat asses, we are going to get what we deserve.

17. playitagainfred

playitagainfred Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I though Kasich was really good last night - he seems the most sane out of the Clinton, Sanders, Trump, Cruz, Rubio dog pile. I can roll with him I think.

Jake Dog and Droog like this.
  18. Box of Rox

Box of Rox Turgid member VIP

Reputations:
    I can't vote cuz they all suck!

This is some really scarey shit

stanggirl likes this.
  19. Spudboy

Spudboy Active Member

Reputations:
    No matter who gets elected the USA will be in a depression in 2017 and Europe will be at war in 2020. Just the way cycles work.

20. Tipsey Russell

Tipsey Russell VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    that Kasich dude
    he sorta looks like the bear in the big blue house

that's pretty funny