Poll: Really Whose Idea Was Oh My Dog? (from the "Beth Stern Smoke&Mirrors Makeover" File)

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by OV, Aug 2, 2014.

?

Beth Stern's Smoke & Mirrors Makover - "Oh My Dog" Was Really Whose Bright Idea?

1. Beth's idea driven by a heartfelt desire to educate less-informed pet owners

2.9%
  2. Howard's idea to position his wife as an intellectually accomplished "earner"

11.8%
  3. Buchwald's PR campaign to depict her as an "animal expert" and reason to promote her nationally

79.4%
  4. Other: please specify

5.9%
  1. OV

OV Rapscallion

Reputations:
    Knowing what we now do regarding the sometimes mind-boggling misinformation being perpetuated to reinvent Beth Ostrosky Stern's murky Pre-Pelican background right from the get-go (often contradictorily depending on which official bio you read), it's become apparent that while she may indeed be a tool, she's far from the sharpest one in the shed. (any Shed!)

So in retrospect, how do you think the bright idea of "writing" Oh My Dog, really came about?

2. JonnySoul

JonnySoul Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Beth saw other trophy wives "writing" books. She wanted to as well. Topic didn't even matter

3. SomerSky

SomerSky Obsessed with what I hate Banned User

Reputations:
    Howard needed validation of Beth as an earner. She surely had 0.0 to do with the writing of that book

OV likes this.
  4. Uncle Larry

Uncle Larry Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    The book gave her a chance to appear on lots of TV shows as well as the ability to describe herself as a best-selling author in her bio. Beth shows off her knowledge on Twitter when dopes ask her for advice about their pets and she responds with 'Vet ASAP' or 'hire a behaviorist'.

At this point Beth is all in with the animal activist schtick, as her acting is harrible and the attempt at being a design expert on Mom Caves didn't go over too well.

OV likes this.
  5. Senator Rick

Senator Rick Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Buck-wald's people came up with that idea.

I can see them interviewing her having noticed her deformities and speech impediments: "Well... what outside interests do you have? Any children's charities... AIDS Awareness programs that interest you?"

Beth: "Whehhhh... I 'ike widdoe lil'uhhh kitty-kats... and puppies! We haff a widdoe sweet buhhhh dogg"

Buck-wald rep: "Great! How about a pet charity and a ghost written book we'll pay to have published for you to promote & use the charity as a front?"

Beth: "OOOOHHH! daht woouhhd be wohhhnduhhhfuhh!! Can I have it, Daddy? Can I have it???"

The rest is ignominy.

TheLACritic, OV, Tinman and 1 other person like this.
  6. Bye You!

Bye You! The n word guy Gold

Reputations:
    Buhh dog :rofl:

7. beetlejosh

beetlejosh I got a head that's large Gold

Reputations:
  8. OV

OV Rapscallion

Reputations:

Ya know that's a possibility I should have specifically included - especially considering that about that time her then BFF Katie Lee had "written" a cookbook, right?