Poll Time: Was Howard ever Funny?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by BethsZygote, Nov 3, 2012.

?

Was Howard Ever Funny?

1. Yes

63.5%
  2. No

31.7%
  3. STAL

4.8%
  1. BethsZygote

BethsZygote In Utero VIP

Reputations:
    He was mean, obnoxious and outrageous and all of those can be funny, but im talking about flat out funny?

His newest bit "Howard Stern The Musical" could not be stupider. I cant tell if he is really thinking about doing it or he is just beating his dead horse.

I heard a handful of shows from the 90's, and really only have listened since his move to Sirius.

At this point the only reason i listen is because i like seeing/hearing the proverbial trainwreck.

Artie was funny, Jackie seemed funny, but was Howard ever funny?

2. Sponsor

Sponsor

Reputations:

3. Art

Art Grandiloquent Bloviator VIP

Reputations:
    No more so than any neurotic, self-absorbed dickhead you might run into at a party and then walk away from quickly. :facepalm:

4. Shithead

Shithead Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    The only thing funny was the paper Jackie handed to him...That, and his appearance

5. WholeAssholeOut

WholeAssholeOut New Member

Reputations:
    no he wasn't, but he was good at assembling a team that created funny and being their ringleader.

6. harlock

harlock Coming Soon... Gold

Reputations:
    He was compelling. He was the best.

7. JDDaBadAhz

JDDaBadAhz Active Member

Reputations:
    Back in the 90's when they would spend 20 minutes mocking Jackie and Gary in their voices was the best.

8. DogStar69

DogStar69 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    He couldn't have been funny at one time and have lost all his humor. So no he was never funny.

9. JDDaBadAhz

JDDaBadAhz Active Member

Reputations:
    Hang around with Beth and a fucking shrink long enough....you'll lose all that humor.

10. harlock

harlock Coming Soon... Gold

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

Succubus.

11. Vashier

Vashier VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    He's funny in how he ran the show with the A-team of the mid 90's. He was never a funny man to sit and talk with. Every Time you'd laugh at Howard's remark he would start to laugh as well as he was laughing at the joke Jackie had just written just as the audience was. That made him funny. Why he believes he was the funny one in the room back then amazes me.

12. Rufus Teefus

Rufus Teefus VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
  13. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    His SHOW was funny, but Howard himself? Not really. As much as he hates to admit it, he was always a "Zoo Keeper" who tied together the other elements of the show. Now that the people who were actually funny have all left, his lack of talent has been exposed. It's ridiculous when Howard tries to claim he should be considered a comedian, nothing could be further from the truth.

14. JDDaBadAhz

JDDaBadAhz Active Member

Reputations:
    Ya know what's getting really re-god-damn-diculous is Howard's Don Rickles schtick on talk shows. It really makes him look unfunny and stupid. Leave that shit to the original. He does a really embarrassing hack version of Rickles.

15. Mr Fantastic

Mr Fantastic Meat Pocket Aficionado VIP

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

I’m funny how? I mean funny, like I’m a clown? I amuse you?*I make you laugh? I’m here to fuckin’ amuse you? Whattya you mean funny? Funny how? How am I funny

16. Former Glory

Former Glory New Member

Reputations:
    I disagree. He WAS funny back in the day...Growing up in San Diego, I never heard him on the radio, but the channel 9 show was broadcast in the early '90's. That's where I was first exposed to the HSS. Several friends would gather at my house back then to watch the show. It was good fun.

I moved to north central, PA in the mid '90's, but didn't catch the radio show until the late '90's when I moved to Harrisburg, PA. From there I was hooked, and moving to Philly was even better as there were more Howard fans.

Now when I hear shows from his earlier days on 101, I think...wow...this guy's funny...yeah, he has a lot of funny people around him, but he knows how to connect all that around.

The shows I listened to live from the late '90's to when Artie tried to commit suicide are mostly golden...Since then....not so much.

Since then, Howard has made it quite apparent he's quite out of touch with society, and is only interested in moving in on relationships with celebs.

I'm not sure what his goal is once the radio show is over. I don't think he knows either. One thing I can say for sure, is that once his radio gig is done, he's going to go bonkers without some project to do.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2012
  17. PI Nate

PI Nate Disenfranchised since 1984... VIP

Reputations:
    Of course!! but he had a lot of help...:coffee:

18. killallposers

killallposers New Member

Reputations:

[​IMG][​IMG]

19. PI Nate

PI Nate Disenfranchised since 1984... VIP

Reputations:
    I understand your argument, but there was a time when it was just him...

20. Former Glory

Former Glory New Member

Reputations:
    I know what you're saying...but at some point you have to just ask yourself....was he just the right guy at the right time? A la, a radio lottery winner...There were many talented people on the radio doing similar schtick if memory serves me in the late '70's/early '80's.

Howard just hit the numbers.

Somebody had to rise to the top...

21. Scarfo

Scarfo New Member Shot Dead

Reputations:
    Most comedy decays over time. Particularly things that seemed edgy at the time it was created.

Out-of-the-Closet Stern? Backside Boys? The song-parody mania of the 80s and 90s? Beaver Breaks?

They just didn't age well. Howard should be listening back to this and laughing at how bad it is like O&A do with their old bits. Not sure how they have the balls to fill up an entire week of vacation with "The Peacock Years". Awful.