Poll: Who is the MOST to Blame for Our Current Complaints About Howard and the HSS?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by peterfonda, Jul 18, 2013.

?

Who is the MOST to Blame for Our Current Complaints About Howard and the HSS?

Poll closed Jul 28, 2013.
  1. Howard Stern

57 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. Beth Ostrosky Stern

18 vote(s)
    23.7%
  3. Alison Berns Stern Simon

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  4. Sirius/XM Management

3 vote(s)
    3.9%
  5. We, the Fans

4 vote(s)
    5.3%
  6. Other

3 vote(s)
    3.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. peterfonda

peterfonda Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Who is the most to blame for the steaming pile of turds that the HSS has become and our resulting misery?

1) Howard Stern - he has become a greedy, conceited, hypocritical, self-centered Hollywood pseudo-liberal who has denied ever being everything we once loved about him. He controls every aspect of the show and if its sucks, which it does, it is all on him.

2) Beth Ostrosky Stern - a true golddigger, she spotted an easy mark in the fabulously rich but tragically insecure Howard Stern and after snagging him, forced him to embrace Hollywood with both arms and turn his back on his loyal listeners in order to further her non-career. She has forced Howard to change the show to the point where it is nothing more than a comedy-free ad agency for Hollywood B-listers and has-beens.

3) Alison Berns Stern Simon - for divorcing Howard and sending him into the downward spiral that led to Beth and radio hell.

4) Sirius/XM Management - for cutting Howard's budget and forcing him to cut back on show features and bits that we used to love.

5) Us, the fans - for expecting a 59 year old man and a 60 year old ill woman to provide us with the same level of energy and outrageous hilarity that they provided us 20 years ago.

6) Other

You can choose more than one.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2013
  2. face palm

face palm Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    oderus

3. isabella

isabella VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    while it would be easy to blame beth for everything negative about howard, i'm beginning to believe that howard and howard alone is responsible for everything we hate about him. beth was in the right place at the right time and although there's no doubt that she's a gold-digger, howard runs the show.

4. Jon Hein is God

Jon Hein is God New Member

Reputations:
    [video=youtube;cZTrZSUhB4s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cZTrZSUhB4s[/video]

5. Oderus

Oderus Going to hell VIP

Reputations:
    do you have a dog?

6. MatthewT

MatthewT Awaiting The Rapture VIP

Reputations:
    Voted Oderus. 1 Other. Someone lied :mad:

7. Mr Vengeance

Mr Vengeance Ladies love cool V. VIP

Reputations:
    Number 2 caused number 1.

8. face palm

Reputations:
    in fact I do
    his name is Gary
    ironic aint it

9. Judy Garland

Judy Garland New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    A fucking poll about what's wrong with THSS that doesn't include Robin Quivers?

10. face palm

Reputations:
    racist

11. shockingmary

shockingmary New Member Banned User

Reputations:
  12. FSFN

FSFN Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This. Look in the mirror. I stopped listening after the law suite. Turn it off, you'll thank me later.

13. ScottBaiosPenis

ScottBaiosPenis Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    No option for howards shrink?

14. Kool

Kool Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    two and five

15. Willowglen

Willowglen Lookin thru the glass ceiling & up Stephs skirt VIP

Reputations:
    3) Alison Berns Stern Simon - for divorcing Howard and sending him into the downward spiral that led to Beth and radio hell.

Not possible. All current info says Beth was pre divorce.

16. PelicanWig

PelicanWig Beautiful Soup

Reputations:
    Balzak the jaws of death and Jizmak da Gusher

17. Oderus

Oderus Going to hell VIP

Reputations:
    :cheer:

18. PelicanWig

PelicanWig Beautiful Soup

Reputations:
    Beefcake the mighty R.I.P. Flattus Maximus

19. Samurai

Samurai Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I'm not remotely a fan of Beff-O, and she's certainly an enabler for Wiggy's worst tendencies.

HOWEVER, none of the decline of the last decade happened without Wiggy's free will. He did not become that which he always claimed to detest -- a phony, starfucker. Deep down, he was always thus. The "Rebel Rebel" was the facade. I'm a sucker for having believed he was genuine for 10+ years. No more.

Assume everything he says is a lie or distortion. You'll be right 99.9% of the time.

20. sinicalypse

sinicalypse Active Member

Reputations:
    I voted for Sirius/XM management, duh, cuz their lack of a budget has truly crippled the show. How's a man supposed to live on a paltry ~$100mil/year? Chimney Manor south is $52mil, sure, but are you gonna tell me that it's possible to do a good radio show when you damn well know that you deserve to be in a house worth no less than $65-75mil? Midaswell give him some food stamps while he's at it, for fuck's sake.

Remember the time that SiriusXM had the gall to suggest/imply that Howard should fork over $5000 of his own money to complete some animation work for either Howard Stern: The High School Years or some HTV feature? Good god, man, WTF kind of fly by night operation is this? The poor guy has to settle for $52mil mansions in FLORIDA (cuz you know, if he wasn't cheated out of his ~$200-250mil or whatever the merger cost him, he could have built that $150mil mansion on the moon where tax rates are 0.0, Mr. Midget) and supposedly has to pay for show expenses OUT OF HIS POCKET and he's ONLY getting ~$100mil/year? Do you know what this man has done for you? He's championed free speech* and helped make this world the wonderful place that it is. He's gone to bat FOR US fighting in the name of QUALITY UNCENSORED ENTERTAINMENT that encapsulates the human experience and helps humanity raise its consciousness to another level.... I MEAN HE STARTED *THE* GODDAMN REVOLUTION.... and for what? $100mil/year? That's it?

You try starting/fighting a revolution and tell me how much it costs. The revolution will not be televised because like freedom itself, HTV is not free. And this revolution has been going on for ~7+ years now, out of pocket, when the guy is expected to pay his staff living wages.... and you're ONLY starting at $100mil/year? WTF is wrong with you people? ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!?! I often find myself listening to THSS nowadays and I develop such a level of shame and guilt that I have to throw $20s at the receiver in order to feel like I've morally paid my fair share, because H100/H101 has given me so much quality entertainment that I feel like I'm cheating the system by only paying $16/month or whatever, I mean, by my count I *owe* sirius $2000 for the countless hours of amazement and wonder that eminate from that funky overheating little box that I've had to replace 6 times. It's a badge of honor every time I replace another $300 stiletto, and to think society is so backwards people would look at me funny when I asked "can I pay $700 for this refurbished stiletto 2? cuz I know that's not even 1/3 of what it's worth when you consider the BLOOD, SWEAT, TEARS, AND FINANCIAL INVESTMENT that goes into every minute of quality H100/H101 programming.

So this is squarely on SiriusXM: if they PAID WHAT THEY OWE Howard, then the show would obviously be the flagship radio program of humanity as a hole, not this little low-budget unadvertised shit-show that'e expected to operate off of a $100mil/year "budget". I mean, good god people, can you imagine how horrible it would be if Howard had to pay $10mil/year to everyone involved with his show? He can't be expected to wake up 2-3 days a week and give you the best radio on the planet for $90mil/year, so obviously since the show has evolved and it's as good as it's ever been, and what do you do for a living exactly? ......exactly. You don't make radio, so you don't know the HELL that is trying to make something listenable for under $150-200mil/year..... so the impetus for this failure is squarely on the shoulders of SiriusXM, who thought they could lure our revolutionary hero into this medium with promises of everything he ever wanted..... and fell far short of expectations by only giving the man ~$750-800mil over the last ~7 years. For shame, SiriusXM, for shame!

edit: almost forgot...

* = Please don't give me any crap about shutting up Opie and Anthony. They're obviously jealous haters who stole their whole show, let alone the concept of talking into a microphone over the radio, from Howard. They deserve to be gagged and suppressed because, again, they're jealous haters who stole their whole schtick, being human eating/breathing/shitting/fucking, from Howard Stern. Free Speech =/= being able to talk badly about people with more money/power than you, as society is starting to point out through numerous cases. Free Speech ain't free!

Last edited: Jul 19, 2013