Poor Motor, Social Skills Linked To Too Much Television Watching

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by HS Cult Leader, Aug 11, 2013.

1. HS Cult Leader

HS Cult Leader Elite Member Gold

Reputations:
    [h=1]Study: Children’s Poor Motor, Social Skills Linked To Too Much Television Watching[/h] [h=6]August 10, 2013 10:31 AM[/h]

[​IMG]

ATLANTA, Ga. (CBS Atlanta)
    – The American Academy of Pediatrics recommend children aged two and older watch no more than two hours of television per day. They also recommend that children under two watch no television at all.

According to a new study, even one hour more a day can diminish a preschooler’s vocabulary and math skills as well as classroom attention.
    “Every hourly increase in daily television watching from two and a half years old is also associated with bullying by classmates, and physical prowess at kindergarten,†Professor Linda Pagani of the University of Montreal and the CHU Sainte-Justine children’s hospital said in the study.
    At that young age, a child’s brain is wired to play. “These kids are watching too much television at a time when they should be out there in the environment exploring and interacting, especially with other humans,†Pagani added in the study.
    Watching television does not teach a child social or motor skills. “If you don’t learn those skills, you get to kindergarten and cry every time someone takes you toy,†Pagani said in the study.
    The study involved 991 girls and 1,006 boys in Quebec. Their parents reported their television viewing behavior as part of the Quebec Longitudinal Study of Child Development.

You think? :secret:

2. MyLazyHand

MyLazyHand Russia and France Know What to Do

Reputations:
    Study: Children’s Poor Motor, Social Skills Linked To Too Much Television Watching

[​IMG]

3. reno

reno VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    lol!

4. Ashbeard

Ashbeard Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Our Little one almost a year and has never seen tv and we don't plan on starting besides a weekly movie night.

My wife and I see our 4 year ode niece who was raised on TV. She has no attention span and no original thoughts, everything she says is from a tv show, everything she wants is from a commercial. You ask her wants she wants she say a shrek meal. What the fuck is a shrek meal? I guess its a happy meal from McPukes with a shrek toy she wants. I told her that we eat vegetables from the garden this time of year not Kraft Dinner and hotdogs. She told my wife I was mean.

5. Zarathustra

Zarathustra Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I applaud you for being so evolved.

6. Dwainw

Dwainw Active Member

Reputations:
    And don't sit too close! It'll ruin your eyes!

7. crazypreacher

crazypreacher Hey yo

Reputations:
    Snags chronic fcffgg n. cz xu ?