Possible Airline Hijacking Stopped.... Thanks To Hero Screener!

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by HS Cult Leader, Feb 12, 2014.

1. HS Cult Leader

HS Cult Leader Elite Member Gold

Reputations:
    Heathrow Security Plays It Safe, Takes 'Toy Story' Doll's Fake Pistol

The Huffington Post | by Ryan Grenoble

Posted: 02/11/2014 2:54 pm EST

Pay no mind to the "Toy Story" doll; security officers at Heathrow Airport aren't playing around.

This, after a traveler with a cowboy figurine fashioned after the "Toy Story" character Woody says workers at London's largest international airport pulled him aside and proceeded to disarm the doll of his tiny, fake six-shooter.
    The doll's caretaker, John Hazen, snapped a picture of Woody in the midst of his pat-down. He then shared the image on Reddit, with the caption, "security just confiscated his 'weapon,' keep the world safe boys..."

[​IMG]

In a conversation with The Huffington Post, Hazen explained he was en route to Los Angeles via Heathrow when he heard the words most dreaded by any traveler moving through security: "We've got a problem with your bag." Officers proceeded to extract Woody -- who Hazen says has traveled the world, visiting far-flung destinations like New Zealand, Hawaii and Australia -- and seize his toy gun.
    Hazen added the security officer examining the toy was "very cordial and nice," even checking with his superiors regarding whether or not they actually had to confiscate the item, which Hazen says has no moving parts. The doll does not typically come with its own gun; Hazen says his family added one later.
    A representative at Heathrow could not confirm whether or not Woody been stripped of his weapon but did acknowledge a confiscation would be "a bit overzealous."

But what prompted Woody's worldwide jaunt in the first place?
    Hazen travels a lot for work, so he sets up and photographs a scene every night for his son. Many of the setups feature Woody.
    "For almost two years, tired, drunk or otherwise, I set a 'scene' up using the toys in the house," Hazen writes on his blog. "The first thing [my son] does when he gets up is look for his 'crazy thing' ... Love you little guy... - Dad."

2. AmishGirl

AmishGirl Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    What is it with adults and toys these days .... :facepalm:

3. fredrogers

fredrogers Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Fuck this guy. "Hazen says his family added one later."
    What a fucking dope.

4. Chimney Portions

Chimney Portions I drink cum Banned User

Reputations:
    Huh? Adding a tiny, solid pewter six shooter to a cowboy doll that he photographs for his son makes him a fucking dope?

5. pontius pilot

pontius pilot #TeahmGandhiStarver VIP

Reputations:
    only an evil white philistine would give a toy cowboy a six-shooter. :grad:

oh, and a racist.

6. Chimney Portions

Reputations:

And a gender conformist!

[​IMG]

7. pontius pilot

pontius pilot #TeahmGandhiStarver VIP

Reputations:
    when i was a kid, i was subjected to unrealistic physical standards. :bigcry:

[​IMG]

8. Chimney Portions

Reputations:
    Manorexia is no joking matter!

9. MrWarmth

MrWarmth ADORABLE DEPLORABLE Gold

Reputations:
    Yeah that struck me as weird too. Fuck this guy and his toy. Grow the fuck up and get a whore or something. With these toys already. THAT'S not right! :mad:

10. Imus O Sternsky

Imus O Sternsky VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    [h=4]Ralph Cirella[/h] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Ralph Cirella

Ralph Cirella is paid by Howard TV to be Howard Stern's personal stylist, a job he previously held for Stern's E! show. Cirella was first hired to construct a "talking penis", for a broadcast at the Felt Forum on New Year's Eve 1986.[SUP][28][/SUP] He has been a listener since Stern's time at WNBC from 1982 to 1985.[SUP][29][/SUP] Cirella did not make on-screen appearances until 1990, when he worked on costumes, special effects and make up on The Howard Stern Show on WWOR-TV. In his book, Miss America, Howard Stern calls Ralph the most universally hated member of his staff. Throughout 2006, Cirella briefly co-hosted the now defunct The Friday Show with Gary Dell'Abate and Jon Hein, on Howard 100 and Howard 101. He is currently host of "Geek Time" which airs on Howard 101 on Fridays with Jon Hein and Jason Kaplan.
    Cirella is known for his collection of movie memorabilia, particularly science fiction films such as Star Wars. In 2008, he asked Dell'Abate for a life-sized cardboard cutout of Iron Man; he has a similar decoration of David Hasselhoff from the show Baywatch.[SUP][30][/SUP]