Post a Pic of Your Favorite Place, and a Story

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Captain, Apr 2, 2015.

1. Captain

Captain Alto, Blanco y Guapo Gold

Reputations:
    Do you have a place you like to go? Some place cool, quiet, happy, whatever? Post a pic and a small story.

This is one of my favorite places to go. It is Sutro Heights, overlooking Ocean Beach at the edge of San Francisco, right on the Pacific. There are many things I do not like about San Francisco, but views like this always bring me around. (I actually live in Silicon Valley, but my GF lives in SF near Ocean Beach.) This particular area has a lot of stuff to explore: great jogging trails, old sculptures from the robber barons who used to live around here, and plenty of great views with Cyprus trees, Monterey Pine, and other ocean fauna. I took this pic a day ago, when the wind was really whipping up the waves. The para-sails were out, but you would be crazy to swim in this weather.

IMG_3708sutro.JPG

2. Skipnoid

Skipnoid Lick Me!

Reputations:
    I used to live just past that last piece of coastline in the tiny little town of El Granada (which most people think is part of Half Moon Bay). I've driven through your picture countless times. I had a little tail dragger at HMB airport and I used to fly it about 10 feet above the waves there all the time ... I scared the shit out of more than one surfer too! :D

Caffeinated and smichal like this.
  3. smichal

smichal A1 Dick Game

Reputations:
    when I was little my family used to go to this island owned by another family. I think the man had bought or rented it from a lottery win...but he didn't pay the bills and eventually lost it.

The place big enough to hold lots of families. It had a whole bunch of buildings and a giant kitchen (multiple stoves, fridges, etc.) and dining hall, woods to explore, swimming, boating, Archie magazines, reel to reel music player, some crazy dogs and cats, other kids to play with, empty gun shells on the ground, taxidermied fowl and giant fish, etc. At one time it had been a Jewish summer camp or something. Every family arrived by their own boat or by the water taxi. This is the first building you'd see when you get there..white and green... There was this crazy visitor- I remember him climbing out of one of the 3 windows below and jumping naked into the lake. ?!?!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
  4. smichal

smichal A1 Dick Game

Reputations:
    also I like going into the forest. Not a big hike or anything. Just a short walk to see.
    [​IMG]
    sometimes you can find weird stuff such as a porcupine nest:
    [​IMG]this pile of poop was thigh high

Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
    Captain, Dick Nipaolo, LaserT and 4 others like this.
  5. God

God Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    My house and yard.

The compound.

No place in the world I'd rather be....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lester, icypussy, Captain and 8 others like this.
  6. Quality Control

Quality Control dove Gold

Reputations:
    That's beautiful, @God. I can see why you wouldn't want to be anywhere else in the world.

7. FSFN

FSFN Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG] One of the places I love is your moms bedroom

SouthernListen likes this.
  8. Just Me

Just Me VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Porcupine?? That's so cool. I live in NJ and have never seen one... I guess we don't have em. Do you mind revealing what state you're in? Just curious where they have them. I have bear, deer, turkey, these huge crane looking birds, flying squirrels, chipmunks but not porc's.

smichal likes this.
  9. smichal

smichal A1 Dick Game

Reputations:
    they are very shy, much bigger than a cat. I live in Canada.
    [​IMG]

Quality Control and God like this.
  10. Trainwreckjm

Trainwreckjm Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

Captain, Skipnoid and God like this.
  11. Just Me

Just Me VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Thanks for the pic!! I didn't know they climbed tree's like that. That's so cool that you have em. What a cutie. :O)

smichal likes this.
  12. GivRodnyachance

GivRodnyachance Overt Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    [​IMG]
    I went to Disney World alone because I like traveling alone. I accidentally went during Disney gay week.

13. LaserT

LaserT You have to have fun. Gold

Reputations:
    The quietness of the greatest arena in the world. Not a whisper...not a scream...not a cheer. Pure silence as you walk above the rink to look at where you are going to play and where the greats played before you. Absolute silence with just insane butterflies in your stomach.

[​IMG]

Dressing and taping up you hear the crowd from the locker room and then you have to start that walk through the tunnel with your legs barely under you feeling wise, and your body buzzing because the excitement and anxiety is too much. You think it would be great and easy since you were a kid, but you realize you're just at the edge of nausea now when it's actually happening. Then you skate out and realize you're on the ice.... and it's not a dream. Pandemonium breaks out from when your team hits the ice. No rookie hits the net during his first warm up practice at the big rinks. It's impossible. You just shoot around timidly and keep quiet, like its the first day in school and you're the new nerdy guy around a bunch of jocks. Then it gets more insane at the first goal when you're out there and then you go back to sit on the bench and wonder how the HELL do these guys get used to this feeling night after night?! It's childhood heaven! I get jealous of the guys who play in the hockey rinks night after night. I can still hear the exact crowd noise when I first hit the ice, whenever I go to bed and close my eyes. Nothing will beat it, unless I have a child, I guess.

OK , there's my favorite place and story. I'm done and sad now. Haha!!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
  14. WillyBest

WillyBest Achiever Gold

Reputations:
    In the butt, Chuck. In the butt.

15. Dick Nipaolo

Dick Nipaolo Inconsequential human

Reputations:
    Behind my kit.. I was never amazing at sports. But drums, I took to from the start. I always wanted to play as a kid. Started hanging out with my cousin. He played guitar but had a drum set to mess around on. Once I started, that was it for me. Everything in the world changes, gets older, more complicated.. Not drums though. That's the one place I can truly be at peace. Making all the noise in the fucking world..
    image.jpg

16. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

icypussy and smichal like this.
  17. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
  18. Captain

Captain Alto, Blanco y Guapo Gold

Reputations:
    Well, shucks; I knew Mom was lonely. But FSFN? I was hoping for a cool stepdad but I guess you'll have to do. :(

19. icypussy

icypussy clit finder Gold

Reputations:
    I've gotta go with my house and yard. Bought this house when I was 22 and turned my yard into this after about 20 years of hard work. many great memories here. IMG_0089.JPG IMG_0090.JPG IMG_0091.JPG