Potential Hit and Run

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by skp2978, Sep 18, 2015.

1. skp2978

skp2978 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    WARNING: You will likely be bored by this thread.

I pulled up, parked and proceeded to get out of my vehicle to go into the grocery store. As soon as I opened my door, the lady in the next car over, sitting in her passenger seat for some reason, starts talking (I don't know it's to me at first). She's saying, "I lost my wallet and that nice black boy, Isaiah, put it in the safe for me." I said, "that was nice of him." She says, "yeah, I'm moving out of state soon." I said, "well that's good that you got it back then. Have a nice night."

Fast forward... I come back 20 minutes later after shopping, don't see the damage, but I see a note in my handle that says the type of car, the license plate number and color along with, "CALL ME IF SHE DOESN'T GIVE YOU HER INFO".

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I call him then my husband to come pick up my perishables. The guy (witness) says he saw her back right into me, drove forward and barely missed it on the way out the second time. He told her that she needs to leave a note and she said she'd go inside and look for me. He and his girlfriend waited, because in his words, she was 'flustered'. The witness went in looking for her after a few minutes. He found her wandering around and she said she couldn't find me. My husband arrived when I was on the phone with him and said, "here's a note" and handed it to me. She stuck it in the crack of my trunk, it's on a business card (not hers) and was illegible. The witness said he didn't trust her, that's why he was watching her, left me a note AND took a photo of her driving away. I proceeded to call the police and waited 30 minutes on the non-emergency line and another 90 minutes for him to show up. He couldn't read the note either and said he'd go over to her house (from the witness' information).

The officer called me the next day and said he thinks it was a hit and run, but some of the numbers matched the note she left, so he cannot prove that. We just have to assume she tried. He told me that my choices are to deal with her directly to have her pay for the damages or go through her insurance. He said, "don't go with option #1, that woman is out of her mind." Which is why he thinks it was really a hit and run. He said, "don't call her or talk to her at all, she'll just argue with you like she did me." Her excuse for not leaving a clear note is that she is old. I was surprised to find out she is 68...I would have thought mid-50s at most.

[​IMG]

O Face and Ridic like this.
  2. Mark Mayonnaise

Mark Mayonnaise You look like a tree! VIP

Reputations:
    BORING

skp2978 likes this.
  3. WillyBest

WillyBest Achiever Gold

Reputations:
    Boring

Napoleon V and skp2978 like this.
  4. WillyBest

WillyBest Achiever Gold

Reputations:
    Can I get a one-sentence summary of all that, please?

Anfkid likes this.
  5. Anfkid

Anfkid Blue Banner Mafia Staff Member

Reputations:
    I just woke up from a nap so I only got halfway in but I'll throw you a lil piece of advice. Always park next to a nice car. They won't risk denting up their nice new Beemer.

JameGumb likes this.
  6. ClintDagger

ClintDagger World's #2 Ranked Poster - Exec VP Larry, Inc VIP

Reputations:
    Not as bored as I thought I was going to be. Yeah go through insurance.
    [​IMG]

7. Sea Slob

Sea Slob Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I call him then my husband to come pick up my perishables. The guy (witness) says he saw her back right into me, drove forward and barely missed it on the way out the second time. He told her that she needs to leave a note and she said she'd go inside and look for me. He and his girlfriend waited, because in his words, she was 'flustered'. The witness went in looking for her after a few minutes. He found her wandering around and she said she couldn't find me. My husband arrived when I was on the phone with him and said, "here's a note" and handed it to me. She stuck it in the crack of my trunk, it's on a business card (not hers) and was illegible. The witness said he didn't trust her, that's why he was watching her, left me a note AND took a photo of her driving away. I proceeded to call the police and waited 30 minutes on the non-emergency line and another 90 minutes for him to show up. He couldn't read the note either and said he'd go over to her house (from the witness' information).

The officer called me the next day and said he thinks it was a hit and run, but some of the numbers matched the note she left, so he cannot prove that. We just have to assume she tried. He told me that my choices are to deal with her directly to have her pay for the damages or go through her insurance. He said, "don't go with option #1, that woman is out of her mind." Which is why he thinks it was really a hit and run. He said, "don't call her or talk to her at all, she'll just argue with you like she did me." Her excuse for not leaving a clear note is that she is old. I was surprised to find out she is 68...I would have thought mid-50s at most.

8. Vyb

Vyb serial chiller Gold

Reputations:
    Dozed off half way thru

skp2978 likes this.
  9. Mark Mayonnaise

Reputations:
    Omfg it's Vyb

10. skp2978

Reputations:
    I warned you. Don't ignore warnings.

babybear and Mark Mayonnaise like this.
  11. skp2978

Reputations:

12. skp2978

Reputations:
    No. I'm a chick, I talk too much.

13. Vyb

Vyb serial chiller Gold

Reputations:
    Oh hai

14. skp2978

Reputations:
    It was a beemer...but a 2005 one. My car isn't anything special. I should have moved once she was talking to me appearing to be a wackjob.

Pony likes this.
  15. Shedding Skin

Shedding Skin Damp Banned User

Reputations:
    This changes everything

16. WillyBest

WillyBest Achiever Gold

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

skp2978 likes this.
  17. skp2978

Reputations:
    You've already told everyone...you can't change your story now.

18. Mark Mayonnaise

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

DarkFriday likes this.
  19. skp2978

Reputations:
    Thanks for letting me vent, guys. That's all you're good for...lending an ear.

Mark Mayonnaise likes this.
  20. DarkFriday

DarkFriday Fired as a MOD...Twice. Gold

Reputations:
    I wanna key yer car after reading that :sleep:

skp2978 and WillyBest like this.