Predictions: the "NBC didn't re-sign me" speech

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by BonDuckwald, Sep 2, 2013.

1. BonDuckwald

BonDuckwald Active Member

Reputations:
    Place your bets...

I
    . When does it happen?

II
    . Does he once again pretend he's in talks with people about things?

III. What's the reason he makes up for "walking away"?

IV. Does he pretend he was being offered a raise?

[​IMG]

2. pontius pilot

pontius pilot #TeahmGandhiStarver VIP

Reputations:
    that pic is pulitzer worthy.

3. Nantrax

Nantrax Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    I : I assume he will talk about it when the next season starts. By that NBC will surely have announced who the judges are.
    II : Of course! His agent will keep planting stories in the press
    III : The schedule is too much for me. I want to concentrate on this show.
    IIII : This again is an easy one. Of course he will pretend that NBC offered him more money.

If Howard does not come back, NBC will look so bad. Especially when you consider they moved the show to NYC for him!

4. HooHoo

HooHoo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Since these days he's fully subscribed himself to the Marci Turk Power Of Silence™ approach to conflict and negativity avoidance, I'd lay money he simply doesn't talk about it, just like he stays silent on the ratings as they've been swirling the drain.

And if he does open his yap it'll be a lot of nervous, lesbian-like banter about how the "grueling schedule" was taking too much out of him and he felt if he went on for another season then the "radio show might have started to suffer".

He really should just impale himself on one of those fist dildos for all the good he's done the suckers that bought into the sirius scheme and still pay a subscription fee every month. You factor that he allegedly had them move the show to new york so he could "keep his schedule", only to turn around and take days off anyway and bitch that he's got to GO ACROSS TOWN. He's tragic.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
  5. IlluminatiJones

IlluminatiJones New Member

Reputations:
    Given Howard's new penchant for starting new fires while trying to douse current ones, and the fact that the fragility and size of his ego has reached epic proportions, I think the lie around NBC not re-signing him will be a whopper. Something along the lines of..................

"NBC is begging me to run the network; I CAN'T DO BOTH!!!"............................this is if he wants to go "victim of his own "success""-Howard

"Clooney wants me to direct a film he's producing"

""Sports Illustrated" is asking me to shoot their swimsuit calendar"

buddy movie with Jim Carrey

Jay-Z collab

You get the picture.

He should hire a professional lie-teller/keep-straightener.

6. Jon Hein is God

Jon Hein is God New Member

Reputations:
    No FUCKING WAY this is going to happen.

When it's over, it'll be Howard's decision, whether it's Howard decision or not.

No way is he going to say NBC didn't re-sign me.

But -- and I'm being honest here -- I don't see NBC ever dumping Howard.

Despite him not giving AGT a ratings boost, I think the Peacock likes the aura of having somebody like Stern on the show. I mean, it gives the show an angle, a danger -- whether he actually provides that or not.

7. IlluminatiJones

IlluminatiJones New Member

Reputations:
    :uscratch:

8. Douchebag 007

Douchebag 007 New Member

Reputations:
    Army of Pepito!

9. Brokenbad

Brokenbad Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    You know Robin, all I wanted to do is judge.

10. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard is going to claim NBC begged him to come back, but he owed it to his fans to dedicate all his time to the radio show. The radio show is his first love and he just can't do both anymore. I agree with the sentiment that Howard is going to spin it as his decision.

11. BeerCanThick

BeerCanThick Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I agree with what is said in the thread. There is a 50/50 chance that he just doesn't talk about it at all. It is one of the "verboten" topics, to go along with the other 50.
    Right now he's dead silent about the show getting SERIES LOW ratings and viewer numbers and repeatedly losing throughout the week to stuff like Under the Dome and Duck Dynasty.

That, or he just lies his ass off.

1. They wanted me back (lie)
    2. They offered me a pay raise (like Howard would turn down marbles)
    3. "What can I say? I gave it up for the show! Just like chess, I gave AGT up for the show.
    What a mensch I am. The show comes first, Robin! I cherish your blithering on ISDN lines."

12. Rob0729

Reputations:
    No way can Howard just say nothing. AGT is too big of a part of the show. He will have to acknowledge it in some way. He will go the spin route.

Also, Howard addresses it pretty quickly after the season is over. NBC will probably clean house after the ratings this season and Howard wants to get his BS story before NBC let's it known that they didn't want any of the judges back. Also, look for him to say after they clean house that NBC wanted to build the show around him making him the primary judge.

13. OV

OV Rapscallion

Reputations:
    Maybe a spin-off of this thread would be":

"Excuses Howard would NEVER Make If NBC Shit-Cans Him":rip2:

"No more overnight travel as I need to keep a closer eye on my wife's wandering one"

"NBC actually wanted me to work harder/skate less to the point where it interferes with my leisure time"

"The network claimed the ratings decline didn't justify what they were paying me, let alone what I demanded and deserved on a new contract "

14. sloth22

sloth22 Active Member

Reputations:
    "This whole AGT thing has really disrupted my Porky's remake. I need to concentrate on that."

15. Mr Fantastic

Mr Fantastic Found Nemo VIP

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Rob0729

Reputations:
    Tim was never a big part of the on air show. It is easy to ignore the fact that Robin isn't physically in the studio since she still is there via ISDN. Howard did address Artie by saying he would not talk about him for respect to him and his family. He acknowledged the whole situation, but used the "respect for the family and their privacy" excuse to go into any details.

Howard has to address AGT. NBC is most likely going to clean house. If he doesn't give his own BS spin that he turned down NBC for another year, it is going to be spun in the media that he was fired and that he was a failure. Howard always addresses these type of things because he always has to spin every public failure into a success.

Like his CBS Saturday night show. It wasn't that it was a failure. In fact, "it was #1 in every market it was on and beating SNL". It was because the affiliates are chickens and were afraid to air his content.

17. Phillipmcd

Phillipmcd Active Member

Reputations:
    Agreed

18. HowieStearn

HowieStearn HateClub

Reputations:
    [​IMG]
    demoted to 'the Queen of all Media'

19. Vashier

Vashier VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    October he'll start hinting about NBC wanting an answer, offering big things...
    January He'll say that he owes it to his radio fans to step away from AGT as all that running around was just too much when all he wanted to do was be america's judge.

20. Rob0729

Reputations:
    I might agree with you, but I think NBC will force Howard to speed up the timeline If other shows are any indicator (like Idol and X-Factor), NBC is going to be quick to throw the current judges under the bus for the low ratings and announce that they are blowing things up and going younger and hipper with their judges. Howard won't be able to drag this thing out into next year.

I personally think Howard will announce soon after the current season of AGT ends that, despite NBC's hard court press to re-sign him and even giving him extra perks to stay like a primetime development deal, he is going to pass on a third year. He needs to keep ahead of NBC for the spin of why he is leaving the show. NBC isn't going to put their search for a new judge on hold while Howard pulls off the long con on why he is leaving the show.