Press Release: Stern Birthday Bash broadcast

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Nemo, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    http://www.marketwatch.com/story/ho...birthday-bash-2014-06-16?reflink=MW_news_stmp

[​IMG]
    press release

June 16, 2014, 10:00 a.m. EDT
    Howard Stern and SiriusXM to Release the Complete and Uncensored Video of "Howard Stern's Birthday Bash"

Howard Stern's historic "Birthday Bash" will be streamed in its entirety for fans around the world to enjoy at no cost at SiriusXM.com and HowardStern.com beginning on June 23 at 6:00 am ET and running through July 2014Hosted by Jimmy Kimmel, "Howard Stern's Birthday Bash" featured performances and appearances by Jon Bon Jovi, The Black Keys, John Mayer, Adam Levine, John Fogerty, Steven Tyler, Dave Grohl, Slash, David Letterman, Jimmy Fallon, Louis C.K., Sarah Silverman, Robert Downey Jr., Lena Dunham, and many, many other special guests live from New York City's Hammerstein Ballroom

NEW YORK, June 16, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Howard Stern and SiriusXM today announced the worldwide premiere of the complete and uncensored video of "Howard Stern's Birthday Bash" available for free to everyone in the world. Howard Stern made the announcement on his show; for audio of the announcement, visit https://soundcloud.com/howardstern/birthdaybashvideo .

The video, directed by Emmy Award-winning producer and director Joel Gallen, will be available at SiriusXM.com and HowardStern.com starting Monday, June 23 at 6:00 am ET, and running through July 2014.

"Howard Stern's Birthday Bash," the live four-hour radio event, was broadcast on both of Howard Stern's exclusive SiriusXM channels, Howard 100 and Howard 101 , on January 31, 2014, from New York City's Hammerstein Ballroom. The broadcast was hosted by Jimmy Kimmel and attracted a top-level lineup of celebrities, stars, and performers for a truly unique night of live comedy, music and entertainment. The celebration featured live music performances by Rob Zombie, The Black Keys, John Mayer, Jon Bon Jovi, Adam Levine, Train, Jewel, John Fogerty, Dave Grohl, Steven Tyler and Slash; a rare sit-down interview with David Letterman; appearances by George Takei, Jeff Probst, Joan Rivers, Jeffrey Ross, Kathy Griffin, Governor Chris Christie, Louis C.K., Katie Couric, Whoopi Goldberg, Bryan Cranston, Jimmy Fallon, Seth Meyers, Fred Armisen, Lena Dunham, Sarah Silverman and Natalie Maines, Rosie O'Donnell, John Stamos, Maria Menounos, Heidi Klum and Johnny Knoxville, and an audience of Howard Stern fans ranging from Robert Downey Jr. and Barbara Walters to Howard Stern's "Wack Pack" members.

Fans will have free access to the video of "Howard Stern's Birthday Bash" through July and can watch the celebration in its entirety at any time on smartphones, tablets, and online. Viewers will be able to pause, rewind, and jump to favorite performances, as well as share their favorite scenes with friends.

"I can't stop watching this video, and can't wait to share it with my fans," said Howard Stern. "So much happened that night; the skill and artistry of performances; the stories that came out of the audience; even a rare glimpse of me having a good time; this video gives you the best view of it all."

"It was an unforgettable evening of entertainment from some of the world's best talent and we can't wait to share Howard's special night with all of his fans," said Scott Greenstein, President and Chief Content Officer, SiriusXM. "If you couldn't be there and didn't hear the exclusive broadcast from the evening, you will now get to enjoy in short bits or binge on the whole evening of entertainment. It's a wonderful, unpredictable and well-deserved toast to Howard Stern."

2. Mulletude

Mulletude I'm Big In The Hate Club, Ya Know VIP

Reputations:
    It's free! I guess that means that they couldn't sell it to anyone.

3. chuk

chuk Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Should I still be holding off on my resolutions? Not sure I can wait much longer.

4. Halloween

Halloween Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    "Viewers will be able to pause, rewind, and jump to favorite performances..."

Wow! You mean to tell me we can rewind, and fast-forward too??? What will Howard think of next!

5. PelicanWig

PelicanWig Beautiful Soup

Reputations:
    What a shock Wiggy can't stop watching a video of celebrities sucking his balls. I love how the media calls it "uncensored" as if the viewer is seeing something they could not see on TV. Wiggy's P.C. Pussy Show is The View with an occasional "fuck" or "shit" thrown in. The media has to stop this bullshit that new faggot Wiggy is outrageous and contraversial.

6. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    What is the prank?

-You have to download a shit player?
    -bandwidth will throttle down to a low quality video?
    -a block of commercials every 20 minutes?

7. Xent

Xent Active Member

Reputations:
    Good money says it's commercial filled!

8. Bye You!

Bye You! The n word guy Gold

Reputations:
    Who would pay to advertise on that steaming pile of shit?

Oh that's right! :doh: SHITTENS!

9. chuk

chuk Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Will I be able to turn the volume both up AND down?

10. nicksgt

nicksgt Well-Known Member

Reputations:

Nemo - watching the birthday show so we dont have to :cheer:

11. Bye You!

Bye You! The n word guy Gold

Reputations:
    That'll cost you.

12. Yeahnolisten

Yeahnolisten Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Sirius probably said "fuck it, let's pay him the 10 bucks and maybe he'll shut up about it"

13. broccoli rob

broccoli rob thanks for the memories DW3

Reputations:
    i'd love to hear Howard's spin on this.

It is fun listening to back to old shows in 06-07 where Howard laughed off podcasts and internet content. "You know, Robin... Now that the Stiletto has the ability to pause, FF, and RW, no one will have a use for an ipod anymore! Apple really missed the boat here!" :c

14. Roland Schwinn

Roland Schwinn *Likes reported as of October 14, 2016 Gold

Reputations:

That whole Uncensored thing cracked me up. Like there was anything shocking or risqué going on there. Hell Howard's show is more censored now than it was on terrestrial radio!

So what exactly does "uncensored" mean here? Are they going to say xxxxxx instead of n word? What about fag or faggot? Will they be saying that ? Well at least we know they can if they want to. :giggle:

15. whatsit

whatsit Dawg Lover VIP

Reputations:
    it really is

16. nicksgt

nicksgt Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    not true...every once in a while when he gets really flustered he gets to say F-F-F-F-F-F-Fuck through those Chiclets of his

17. Lester

Lester Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Whatever happened to the "Sweepstake" Grand prize winner?

18. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    Howard desperate for scripted filler today dusted off a Booey missing tooth joke from a month ago?

"Poacher are going after elephants.....Gary had better hide that tooth that fell out....right Robin?"
    :nocheer:

You can't do comedy like that on FM radio....right Robin?

19. chuk

chuk Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    He's around

20. RonHeinzkaboot

RonHeinzkaboot Adultophile VIP

Reputations:
    its free THROUGH JULY

Soundcloud can very much track viewers
    so there will be stats on this for Howard or Sirrus

Wonder if Wiggie gets special treatment on SoundCloud's IPO.