News Pretty cool house..

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Shithead, Feb 21, 2016.

1. Shithead

Shithead Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Oregon man who has lived inside Boeing 727 for more than 15 years wants to make second airplane home in Japan with aircraft that can seat up to 660 passengers

An Oregon man who has already made a Boeing 727 airplane his home has set out to make a second home in Japan with a decommissioned 747 which can seat up to 660 passengers.
    Bruce Campbell, who spends half of the year in Japan, said he is looking for a retired 747-400 - used by airlines including United, British Airways and Delta - to make a second airplane home in the city of Miyazaki.
    For more than 15 years, he has been living inside of a retired Boeing 727 in Portland, converted into a home complete with a sleeping area with a cot, a kitchen, a laundry area and a bathroom - a project costing him roughly $220,000.
    Scroll down for video
    [​IMG]
    +9
    Bruce Campbell pictured mowing the lawn outside of a retired Boeing 727-200 commercial airliner that he converted into his home in Hillsboro, Oregon
    [​IMG]
    +9
    The former electrical engineer lounges on a seating area inside the airliner. He now wants to make a second home in Miyazaki, Japan with a retired 747-400
    [​IMG]
    +9
    For more than 15 years, he has been living inside of a retired Boeing 727 in Portland, converted into a home. The project cos him roughly $220,000
    'If a conventional home is a legacy age family Chevy or Ford, an airliner home is a fresh new Tesla or Porsche Carrera,' Campbell said in an interview with the San Antonio Express-News.
    In 1999, the former electrical engineer had a vision: to save retired jetliners from becoming scrap metal by reusing them.
    Campbell was in his early 20s when he paid around $23,000 for the 10 acres on which his 727 rests in the Portland woods.
    His original plan was to make a home from freight vans, but then he decided a plane would be better.
    He purchased the 727 for $100,000 after hearing about a Mississippi hairdresser who had done it.
    Campbell has since created a website with details on the progress he has made on renovating the plane's cabin, making into a suitable home with the cabin and cockpit providing 1,066 sqft.

[​IMG]
    +9
    [​IMG]
    +9
    The airliner comes complete with a sleeping area with a cot, a kitchen, a laundry area and a bathroom
    [​IMG]
    +9
    Campbell was in his early 20s when he paid around $23,000 for the 10 acres on which his 727 rests in the Portland woods
    [​IMG]
    +9
    He said the plane is a 'reasonable-size home for an individual or small family, but not so large that it can't be transported over public roads'
    He told the Express-News that the plane is a 'reasonable-size home for an individual or small family, but not so large that it can't be transported over public roads.'
    Campbell also said airliners, free of passengers and the clutter of their seats, are a 'sheer thrill' to live in, adding they 'impart a near-science fiction aura to an otherwise ordinary life.'
    He previously said he sees the task of saving retired jetliners as part of his goal in life.
    'Mine is to change humanity's behavior in this little niche,' he said in a 2014 interview.
    [​IMG]
    +9
    He also said airliners, free of passengers and the clutter of their seats, are a 'sheer thrill' to live in, adding they 'impart a near-science fiction aura to an otherwise ordinary life'
    [​IMG]
    +9
    Campbell is one of a small number of people worldwide who have transformed retired aircraft into a living space or other creative project, although it is not clear precisely how many planes are re-used this way

Campbell is one of a small number of people worldwide who have transformed retired aircraft into a living space or other creative project, although it is not clear precisely how many planes are re-used this way.
    While Campbell has created a website with details on rebuilding planes, he is not the only one with such a vision as aircrafts have been made into homes in Texas, Costa Rica and the Netherlands.
    Taking it one step further, there is an airplane boat in Florida.
    Read more:

2. snowdog212

snowdog212 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Looks like shit inside

3. SlipperyVic

SlipperyVic In Gord We Trust Gold

Reputations:
    Hillsboro, that says it all.

Years ago I dated a broad from Hillsboro and she was bat shit crazy just like this guy. It must be the water.

sfgirl likes this.
  4. Dick Fitzwell

Dick Fitzwell Opinions are like assholes ... and so am I

Reputations:
    Looks like a dorm to me :dontknow:

Droog and Dorb like this.
  5. Glenn from the mailroom

Glenn from the mailroom I work way downstairs.

Reputations:
    He lives in Oregon, he is libtarded.

funkface likes this.
  6. rogmar

rogmar Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Nice idea but it would've looked better inside if he could spend some money refurbishing the inside as it looks like shit.

scoobyla likes this.
  7. EnricoPalazzo

EnricoPalazzo Smokeless Tenor VIP Gold

Reputations:
    "Impart a near science fiction aura to an otherwise normal life". Translated-When I come out of the cockpit wearing my captains hat, I feel heroic when I assure the twelve real dolls sitting in first class that everything is going to be alright.

8. DogStar69

DogStar69 Well-Known Member

Reputations:

Exactly, it's just stupid and I would think dangerous in case of earthquakes, I don't think it's in Tornado or Hurricane prone area but if it is your home is flying away. :D I would look at it out of curiosity, but it's bizarre. It's a bad mobile home with wings.

DuckDong likes this.
  9. ScottBaiosPenis

ScottBaiosPenis Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Looks horrible
    for 200 graaaaaand he could have a really nice home, Iinstead it's even shittier than a trailer

10. DogStar69

DogStar69 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Cool because it lacks heat.

ScottBaiosPenis likes this.
  11. idiotbox

idiotbox Looking for a dime and found a quarter. VIP

Reputations:
    he essentially lives in a mobile home that can fly.

12. yaddc

yaddc Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Great place for sleep overs

13. Rescued Owl

Rescued Owl VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    [​IMG]
    Fucking hillbilly has the nose held up by a stack of pallets.
    :hilarious:

14. Horff

Horff Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I've never sat in a plane and said, "Wow, it would be awesome if I could live inside this thing."