News Principal Fired For "Black People" Remark

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by BethSucks, May 15, 2015.

1. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    (CNN)A Georgia educator who was caught on camera calling out "all the black people" for leaving a graduation ceremony during the valedictorian's speech has been fired.

"'In light of recent events, the board of directors of TNT Academy has moved to dismiss Nancy Gordeuk as principal," says a letter obtained by CNN.

Heidi Anderson, chairwoman of the board of directors at TNT Academy in Stone Mountain, signed the letter before sending it to the Gwinnett County chapter of the NAACP, which had called for Gordeuk's termination.

Gordeuk came under fire after being caught on video scolding attendees of Friday's ceremony who she said were disruptive, saying into a microphone, "You people are being so rude, to not listen to this speech. ... Look who's leaving ... all the black people."

The remark prompted cries from the audience as graduates stormed off the stage and the valedictorian shrank from the podium. The video spread across social media over the weekend, bringing calls for Gordeuk to lose her job.

After the uproar began, Gordeuk apologized, saying, "my emotions got the best of me."

"I deeply apologize for my actions made in the emotional state of trying to let this last student finish his speech. I take a personal interest in the success of every student that comes through our doors without regard to their race, religion or ethnicity," she wrote in an email to CNN.

But the Georgia NAACP said it applauds the academy's decision to terminate Gordeuk's employment, saying in a statement, "Beyond the inappropriate remarks, the former principal attempted to legitimize the bizarre episode by claiming 'the devil made her do it.' The Flip Wilson defense may have worked for a comedian, but not a chief educational official charged with the overall day-to-day management of academic and school operations."

Attempts to reach Gordeuk for comment were unsuccessful Thursday.

Several people who were in attendance at the ceremony said Gordeuk created a hostile environment long before the offending remark.

Suzette Walden Cole, who traveled from Colorado to see her nephew graduate, remembers Gordeuk giving a warning to parents of small children, telling them, "If you have babies, you either need to tape their mouths shut or get them out of here."

Gordeuk also apparently offered commentary as each student received a diploma, attendees said. Some of it was complimentary, Cole said, recalling statements like, "this guy was one of the hardest workers I know" or "we're going to see her name in lights some day in the future."

But for many of the non-white students, Cole remembers Gordeuk making derisive comments about their academic struggles.

The TNT Academy website describes the school as a college preparatory program that provides credits for a high school diploma through independent study and teacher-assisted instruction. The website says it has been approved by the Georgia Accrediting Commission, the Chancellor's Office of the University of Georgia and the Georgia HOPE scholarship program for non-traditional study centers.

CNN's John Newsome, Carma Hassan and Emanuella Grinberg contributed to this report.

2. BethSucks

Reputations:
    No firing for the Boston U professors racist Tweets about white men:

Boston U prof now sorry for 'indelicate' tweets blasting white men
    [​IMG]
    Boston University Professor Saida Grundy's tweets deriding white men are her business, according to the school. (Boston University)

A newly hired Boston University professor is sorry for her "indelicate" tweets bashing white males and vows to be fair to all of her students, after the school's president and several alumni complained that her comments were bigoted.

Saida Grundy, an incoming assistant professor of sociology and African-American studies at the school, had tweeted in recent weeks that "white masculinity is THE problem for america’s (sic) colleges," that white men are a "problem population,” and that “Every MLK week I commit myself to not spending a dime in white-owned businesses. and every year i find it nearly impossible.”

“In light of the university’s willingness to invite vile rhetoric onto a campus that I spent four wonderful years at, I commit to never donate to Boston University.”

- Boston University graduate

Although she declined to comment to FoxNews.com in stories about the controversy, she released a statement Tuesday in which she said the tweets were the result of “personal passion” surrounding unspecified “events we now witness with regularity in our nation.”

“I regret that my personal passion about issues surrounding these events led me to speak about them indelicately," Grundy said. "I deprived them of the nuance and complexity that such subjects always deserve."

She also promised to be fair to her students, even white males.

“I take seriously my responsibility to create an inclusive learning environment for all of my students," she added. "Both professionally and ethically, I am unequivocally committed to ensuring that my classroom is a space where all students are welcomed.”

Her statement followed one from Boston University president Robert Brown, her new boss, and it happens, a white male.

“We are disappointed and concerned by statements that reduce individuals to stereotypes on the basis of a broad category such as sex, race, or ethnicity," Brown wrote in a blast e-mail to the "Boston University community." "I believe Dr. Grundy’s remarks fit this characterization,” he said in a statement.

Boston University says no action will be taken against Grundy, saying that the tweets are her free speech. She will start working at the university in June.

“We acknowledge Dr. Grundy’s right to hold and express her opinions,” Brown said.

The tweets were first noticed by a student at University of Massachusetts Amherst, Nick Pappas, who posted them on his website “SoCawlege.com” and questioned how Grundy could teach a diverse classroom given the racial hostility in her tweets.

“You have to teach college-aged white males eventually, no?... this seems like you are unqualified to grade their work as you clearly demonstrate some kind of special bias against them,” he wrote.

After the news broke, some alumni and donors wrote the school to complain.

“It is truly a sad day to be a BU alum,” one Boston University graduate from the class of 2008 told FoxNews.com, and shared a letter he had sent to Brown and the dean of students.

“In light of the university’s willingness to invite vile rhetoric onto a campus that I spent four wonderful years at, I commit to never donate to Boston University,” he wrote in his letter.

Another wrote, “As a Boston University alumnus and a father of a son who will graduate from BU next week, I am deeply saddened by this revelation. It has become apparent that BU no longer supports a value system in line with human decency.”

Those who follow campus politics say they are not shocked.

"I'm not surprised that Boston University is hiring a racist to teach African-American Studies," David Horowitz, author of“Reforming our Univerisities,”told FoxNews.com. "Anti-white racism is rampant in Black Studies programs."

Horowitz added that the university’s reaction betrays double-standards on race.

“If she were a white racist rather than an anti-white racist, she would never be hired,” he said.

Grundy posted a number of other controversial tweets, for instance incorrectly claiming that only whites enslaved entire generations of people. “Deal with your white sh*t, white people. slavery is a *YALL* thing,” she said.

Free speech advocates say that Grundy should have a right to her speech, but say the university speech policy is hypocritical because it allows the university to censor offensive or bigoted speech if it wanted to.

“Professor Grundy should and must have thefreedom to publicly express her opinions on controversial topics. Unfortunately, though, [she] could be punished if she were to send such tweets through the BU computer network, asthe university bans‘transmitting...offensive’ material,” Robert Shibley of Foundation for Individual Rights in Education (FIRE) told FoxNews.com.

“In addition, if she were a student, she could also potentially be punished for violatingpoliciesbanning ‘bigotry, hatred, and intolerance,’ and for not expressing her opinion ‘in good taste and decency.’ … [BU] should eliminate these policies so that it can defend every student and faculty member's right to free speech – not just Professor Grundy's.”

The author, Maxim Lott, can be reached atwww.maximlott.comor at maxim.lott@foxnews.com

3. ApeFace

ApeFace Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Again, anyone who would piss away a cent or a millisecond of time taking that class deserve what they get. She's a shithead no matter what color.

4. DarkFriday

DarkFriday Fired as a MOD...Twice. Gold

Reputations:
    :shvoogie:

Slow likes this.
  5. sstressed

sstressed enhancement toker VIP

Reputations:
    it's not called just us for nothing.

effeminate white men and hard core wymen's libber types are trying to make it so being white is a sin. something to be ashamed of. we should beat them until the shit runs down their legs. but instead, we let them decide what is right or wrong.

truly remarkable behavior.

6. BethSucks

Reputations:
    That principal seems a bit looney but all she said was all the black people are leaving. If in fact they were leaving her remark was a simple observation.

7. scoobyla

scoobyla Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    the comment doesnt bother me (same as almost all comments ppl are fired for)
    what might be bothersome, if i was the employer, is that these people arent smart.
    if someone isnt smart maybe they cant do their job well or maybe they say other dumb stuff that will cost me money.

anyways, it made no sense cause all colors walked out cause they thought it was over

Summer, IfTheyOnlyKnew and BethSucks like this.
  8. Kool

Kool Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    it says the NAACP called and demanded they fire her.

JameGumb likes this.
  9. Rupert Pupkin

Rupert Pupkin That Ass is Attached to Daniela Lopez Gold

Reputations:
    Gordeuk came under fire after being caught on video scolding attendees of Friday's ceremony who she said were disruptive, saying into a microphone, "You people are being so rude, to not listen to this speech. ... Look who's leaving ... all the black people."

-------------------

"You People"

"All the black people"

[​IMG]

scoobyla likes this.
  10. doom2exe

doom2exe Active Member

Reputations:

Shedding Skin and Slow like this.
  11. Rupert Pupkin

Rupert Pupkin That Ass is Attached to Daniela Lopez Gold

Reputations:
    Summer, EndOfLine and scoobyla like this.
  12. Alisonsbankacct

Alisonsbankacct Out to lunch.

Reputations:
    I had looked up that "academy" in the other thread and posted some stuff, but basically you can come and go as you please, no early classes, you get a 90 minute lunch and they are closed on Fridays.

I feel like a real asshole for having literally cried in my AP Calculus book - I could have instead been a graduate of the TNT Academy!

13. HowieStearn

HowieStearn HateClub

Reputations:
    were so sensitive it make me want to fucking puke

they're at it again likes this.
  14. Rescued Owl

Rescued Owl VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I hope that her son gets back on twitter over this. He's great !

15. scoobyla

scoobyla Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    some are sensitive to capitalists protecting their investments.

anyways shes not a good principal, she dont know how to lead or command respect.
    and her observation skills are poor. white ppl left too, and they left cause they thought the program was over.

Summer likes this.
  16. newcastlefan

newcastlefan גֵּרְשֹׁם VIP

Reputations:
    more upset about Boston U's open support of racism.

color shouldn't matter: racism is racism.

AmericasJudge likes this.
  17. A. Genius

A. Genius Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I have a gut feeling that these types of complaints are by a very loud and tiny minority of cultmarx shills and their respective race traitors. It's easy if you control the media. Aren't grad ceremonies just :name, diploma, next, speech, party? We just all stayed to the end at mine. Maybe it's just a white thing. Principal seems annoying, but at least she spoke up. I don't know. End rant.

18. they're at it again

they're at it again Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
  19. newcastlefan

newcastlefan גֵּרְשֹׁם VIP

Reputations:
  20. they're at it again

they're at it again Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:

maybe but you know damn well if some white guy had said this it somehow would have found it's way to msnbc or some place similar even if it was sent in by weaselzipper.