News Prison Seamstress Joyce Mitchell Weeps During Sentencing for Escape Help

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by dawg, Sep 28, 2015.

1. dawg

dawg In The Dog House Staff Member

Reputations:
    dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls.jpeg

Former prison seamstress Joyce Mitchell sobbed as she was sentenced Monday to up to seven years in prison for helping two convicts escape with tools smuggled in hamburger meat.

"If I could take it all back I would," Mitchell said in a choked voice. "I live with regret every day and will for the rest of my life."

She said she only helped the inmates, David Sweat and Richard Matt, because she feared they would hurt her family.

"I just don't find that explanation credible," Clinton County Court Judge Kevin Ryan told her as he imposed a sentence of 2-1/3 to 7 years in prison on a contraband count.

Mitchell, 51, pleaded guilty in July in a deal that allowed her to sidestep charges for an alleged plot to kill her husband and for any sexual contact with Sweat and Matt.

Even though the actual sentence was already set as part of the plea bargain, Mitchell suggested to the judge that he might go easier on her, suggesting she would wear an ankle bracelet for the rest of her life.

"I'm hoping you will have mercy on me," she said.

Ryan noted that he had received letters from the public urging him to give Mitchell a stiffer sentence and explained she was getting the maximum for the charge in her plea.

Prosecutors are also seeking restitution of almost $120,000 to cover the cost of repairing the cell walls that Matt and Sweat cut through to bust out of the Clinton County Correctional Facility on June 6.

Mitchell's lawyer objected to the sum, which will be the subject of a hearing at a later date — and he also suggested that Matt and Sweat may have had other accomplices who have not been caught.

"I believe there was other assistance somehow provided to these men," the defense lawyer. Stephen Johnston told the judge. Prosecutors say there is no evidence of anyone other than Mitchell helping the men.

Mitchell supplied the inmates with a drill bit and hacksaws that she smuggled in meat, according to authorities. They cut holes in their cells, hacked their way through underground pipes, and crawled out through a manhole.

In an exclusive interview with TODAY, Mitchell said the two men — both serving life for murder — wanted her to meet them after the escape with a getaway car.

"I was supposed to come up and park by the manhole that they were gonna be coming out of. And I was supposed to pretend that I was making a phone call while they were coming out," she said.

"I was supposed to bring clothes for them. I was supposed to bring a tent. I was supposed to bring a shotgun."

Mitchell said she didn't show up because she believed that they planned to kill her and her husband, Lyle, before taking off.

After a three-week manhunt, Matt was shot dead while on the run, and Sweat was shot and captured two days after that.

Mitchell's husband, Lyle, said he is standing by her and will wait for her to serve her sentence.

"My wife has a heart of gold," he told TODAY. "That's her biggest downfall."

The courtroom spectators at Monday's sentencing included Lyle Mitchell — and the fiancee of Joyce's first husband, who said she was hoping for a harsher punishment.

"She put a lot of people in danger," Tracy Sardegna said, adding that she didn't think Mitchell's tearful expression of remorse was sincere.

"She's just feeling sorry for herself," she said.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ne...itchell-will-be-sentenced-escape-help-n434796

DiamondGoddess and jaw_belize like this.
  2. Shadoe Stevens

Shadoe Stevens Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    That female guard behind her would kick my ass and I'd probably enjoy it.

DiamondGoddess and Big Lar like this.
  3. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

4. Shortwave98

Shortwave98 A-Number 1 Banned User

Reputations:
    She should have to finish up the terms of those two dopes she helped out. 7 years is ridiculous.

5. Lucky Pierre

Lucky Pierre Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Speaking of which, I can't stand the fan who sits near the front of his section, then is constantly turning around (now facing the fans behind me, back to the game) and then starts flapping his arms in the air as a gesture to shame his fellow fans into cheering louder. Often followed by the hand-to-the-ear 'I can't hear you' gesture.

I want to punch them in the face so, so badly. Worldstar.

jaw_belize likes this.
  6. MONK

MONK The fuck? Staff Member Chimp In Charge

Reputations:
    I ain't reading all that shit Pooch. Just wanted to stop by and say "hi" tho. :hw:

Lemmy likes this.
  7. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Monkey man!
    Hope all is good in the monkey layer

8. Quite Frankly

Quite Frankly Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Bitch looks like Greg Luzinski
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Bob Loblaw

Bob Loblaw Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The courtroom spectators at Monday's sentencing included Lyle Mitchell — and the fiancee of Joyce's first husband, who said she was hoping for a harsher punishment.

"She put a lot of people in danger," Tracy Sardegna said, adding that she didn't think Mitchell's tearful expression of remorse was sincere.

"She's just feeling sorry for herself," she said.

Don't really care what became of Joyce but this stood out. What the fuck is the fiancee of her first husband doing there? This must be the most hillbilly crazy bunch of people in the world. The fiancee should of just been thrown in jail right with her for being a stupid cunt.

She obviously has some issues with knowing the ex-husband would still rather be with Joyce. Either that or she is just jealous that Joyce is getting all the attention and thought she would head on down to the courthouse to get her 15 minutes.

Can you imagine that conversation? "Honey, I called in sick today. Think I'll cruise on down to the courthouse to watch your ex-wife get sentenced." o_O:confused::unutty::unutty::unutty:

DiamondGoddess and jaw_belize like this.
  10. The Snork

The Snork Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
  11. Lance Murdock

Lance Murdock Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    She'll be out in 15 months.

12. HowieStearn

HowieStearn HateClub

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

DiamondGoddess and Droog like this.
  13. MONK

MONK The fuck? Staff Member Chimp In Charge

Reputations:
    All is great. I hope you are doing well fucker. I always like reading your threads. :smile:

14. dawg

dawg In The Dog House Staff Member

Reputations:
    Hello Monk :beer:

15. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    Lies all the way through her trial and even the sentencing phase. Gets only "up to 7 years". They failed society.

DiamondGoddess likes this.
  16. Father O'Blivion

Father O'Blivion Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This is a case where you make an example.

Anyone thinking it might be a good idea to break out a prisoner, should be made scared to even try.

No sympathy for the cunt, NONE!

17. Droog

Droog Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
  18. Droog

Droog Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    She knew what she was doing. She wanted us all to be abuzz.

DiamondGoddess likes this.
  19. alittlebitcunty

alittlebitcunty Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Imagine how many female COs are smuggling contraband into the system for their 'boyfriends'. At least when men are doing it it's because they're corrupt, they're not falling in love with the cons.

20. cetiya

cetiya Lunatic VIP

Reputations:
    She said she was afraid of them hurting her and her husband but how can they hurt her if they are in prison? Dumb bitch. Other people could have died instead.

DiamondGoddess, 1Vegasgirl and reno like this.