Shop Now At Amazon

Psych profile on Stern.

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by SouthernListen, May 12, 2012.

1. SouthernListen

SouthernListen PLATINUM SPONSOR VIP

Reputations:
    Stern is a unique fellow. I know he plays analyst to his guests all the time, but has anyone ever really looked at his personality?

Here's a list of characteristics of a sociopath. He meets most of them.

• Glibness and Superficial Charm CHECK
    • Manipulative and Conning
      They never recognize the rights of others and see their self-serving behaviors as permissible. They appear to be charming, yet are covertly hostile and domineering, seeing their victim as merely an instrument to be used. They may dominate and humiliate their victims. CHECK
    • Grandiose Sense of Self
      Feels entitled to certain things as "their right." CHECK
    • Pathological Lying
      Has no problem lying coolly and easily and it is almost impossible for them to be truthful on a consistent basis. Can create, and get caught up in, a complex belief about their own powers and abilities. Extremely convincing and even able to pass lie detector tests. CHECK
    • Lack of Remorse, Shame or Guilt
      A deep seated rage, which is split off and repressed, is at their core. Does not see others around them as people, but only as targets and opportunities. Instead of friends, they have victims and accomplices who end up as victims. The end always justifies the means and they let nothing stand in their way. CHECK
    • Shallow Emotions
      When they show what seems to be warmth, joy, love and compassion it is more feigned than experienced and serves an ulterior motive. Outraged by insignificant matters, yet remaining unmoved and cold by what would upset a normal person. Since they are not genuine, neither are their promises. CHECK
    • Incapacity for Love CHECK
    • Need for Stimulation
      Living on the edge. Verbal outbursts and physical punishments are normal. Promiscuity and gambling are common. NO
    • Callousness/Lack of Empathy
      Unable to empathize with the pain of their victims, having only contempt for others' feelings of distress and readily taking advantage of them. CHECK
    • Poor Behavioral Controls/Impulsive Nature
      Rage and abuse, alternating with small expressions of love and approval produce an addictive cycle for abuser and abused, as well as creating hopelessness in the victim. Believe they are all-powerful, all-knowing, entitled to every wish, no sense of personal boundaries, no concern for their impact on others. CHECK
    • Early Behavior Problems/Juvenile Delinquency
      Usually has a history of behavioral and academic difficulties, yet "gets by" by conning others. Problems in making and keeping friends; aberrant behaviors such as cruelty to people or animals, stealing, etc. PARTIALLY TRUE
    • Irresponsibility/Unreliability
      Not concerned about wrecking others' lives and dreams. Oblivious or indifferent to the devastation they cause. Does not accept blame themselves, but blames others, even for acts they obviously committed. CHECK
    • Promiscuous Sexual Behavior/Infidelity
      Promiscuity, child sexual abuse, rape and sexual acting out of all sorts. PARTIALLY TRUE (mitigated by need for security of a relationship. Were he good looking, he'd never settle down)
    • Lack of Realistic Life Plan/Parasitic Lifestyle
      Tends to move around a lot or makes all encompassing promises for the future, poor work ethic but exploits others effectively. PARTIALLY TRUE (good work ethic till recently)
    • Criminal or Entrepreneurial Versatility
      Changes their image as needed to avoid prosecution. Changes life story readily. CHECK

Other Related Qualities:
    1. Contemptuous of those who seek to understand them CHECK
    2. Does not perceive that anything is wrong with them (NO, at least superficially to radio audience)
    3. Authoritarian CHECK
    4. Secretive CHECK
    5. Paranoid CHECK
    6. Only rarely in difficulty with the law, but seeks out situations where their tyrannical behavior will be tolerated, condoned, or admired CHECK
    7. Conventional appearance PARTIALLY TRUE (unconventional now, but this may be due to showbiz career, as he was convential early on)
    8. Goal of enslavement of their victim(s) CHECK (at least w/ employees)
    9. Exercises despotic control over every aspect of the victim's life CHECK (at least w/ employees)
    10. Has an emotional need to justify their crimes and therefore needs their victim's affirmation (respect, gratitude and love) CHECK
    11. Ultimate goal is the creation of a willing victim CHECK
    12. Incapable of real human attachment to another CHECK
    13. Unable to feel remorse or guilt CHECK
    14. Extreme narcissism and grandiose CHECK
    15. May state readily that their goal is to rule the world CHECK

2. idiotbox

idiotbox Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
  3. hollywoodrose

hollywoodrose Member VIP

Reputations:
    This is also known as antisocial personality disorder - knowing the difference between right and wrong, but being indifferent to it. That's one of the biggest markers of psychopaths - it's not that they're angry, it's that they're indifferent. They feel the exact same way committing murder as they would going to the store for cigarettes or milk. They have no anticipatory anxiety response (increase heart rate and stress before doing something wrong) which also means psychopaths have a biological root to their disorder.

But I think he's got a beer can thick case of Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Most personality disorders (and most mental illnesses) have similar symptoms and descriptions (except for stuff like schizophrenia) on paper so even healthy people can relate to many of the things - it's mostly the degree, the combination of symptoms and the cause of them that determines the disorder. But Howie's got NPD from what I can see - almost every aspect of his life is based on pathological narcissism. His mom was right when she made that remark about Howie being a monster. One of the NPD symptoms is the obsession that the entire world is jealous of them, no matter how fucked up their reality might be. :whythelongface?:

4. harlock

harlock Coming Soon... Gold

Reputations:
    I would like to add that Wiggy is an asshole. :jj:

5. EmperorsNewCaps

EmperorsNewCaps Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

Bottom line, though, he's far more "mentally ill" than anyone I've heard him apply that label to.

6. zhukov

zhukov His brain is gone, Jim VIP

Reputations:
    and I'll add that he's a neurotic faggot (in my opinion, of course)

7. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold Poster Of The Year

Reputations:
    "I'm the most honest man you will ever meet.....I'm an honest company man. I don't know why these (Sirius) fuckers think I'm up to something!"

Later that day Howard sues Sirius for 300 bazillion dollars....:jj:

8. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold Poster Of The Year

Reputations:
    Howard's celebrity eulogy's are amazing too.

George Carlin died.....Lets play an answering machine message of Carlin begging to come on the show.

Dick Clark died.....Howard has heard a lot of bad things about Clark. Dick shouldn't be allowed around children.....:jj:

9. Dlist

Dlist Avatar by Pontius Pilot. VIP

Reputations:
  10. username

username Active Member VIP

Reputations:
    Most of the people of the tribe are crazy. Its not healthy to only have babies within the tribe. That is why they love gold and money more then anything else.

11. SouthernListen

SouthernListen PLATINUM SPONSOR VIP

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

Same with the Dutch.

12. wife is a whore

wife is a whore I'm a verbal Brad Pitt VIP

Reputations:

I been beating that drum since about 2 months in on Artie Fan Network.