Psychotherapy, Good for you or total bullshit?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by chapped, Apr 16, 2014.

1. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Listening to the HSS it seems that therapy is just for a bunch of emotionally retarded men who have sand stuck in their vagina.

Does Howard not get that his therapist is just paying for his house in the Virgin Islands with Howard's money?

Or does Howard not care as long as he has someone their pretending to care about what he has to say?

Lets face it, no therapist can fill the chasm that is Howard Stern's soul..

Anyway... what do you think about therapist ?

Are the a necessary part of finding emotional fulfillment or nothing but lying snake oil salesmen?

[​IMG]

2. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...i have a brother who has a phd in psychology and hes one of the most emotionally fucked up people ive ever known. hes only a "brother" because we shared the same pack of wolves, er i mean mother and dad.

3. EddyG

EddyG MORON Banned User

Reputations:
    I have been through about 6 therapists in my life. granted,I have many issues,these people couldn`t help me in any way. I even told one to tell me her problems,and that I would help her.

4. chapped

Reputations:

wait so he can get you the good pills right?

5. R.P. McMurphy

Reputations:
    ...he could have when he was practicing head shrinking. he was the director of deer park there in sandy eggo for a while.

6. check1

check1 VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    The only benefit is getting things off your chest and thinking shit through....that's it.
    Years and years of that is retarded. The whole 'industry' is bullshit. My neighbour is a psychologist and she's very
    bossy, needy, mommy issues yet distant from her own kids. It attracts those types who love to wallow in their 'issues'....and other peoples
    apparently. Maybe not ALL of them, but a lot more than average.

7. Chimney Portions

Chimney Portions I drink cum Banned User

Reputations:
    I think it depends on the therapist and the person seeking therapy. I know people who have benefited from it. They were able to see problems with their behavior that they couldn't see prior. They dealt with the cause of it and how to change it.

But I also know people in their 50s who've been going since their 20s and 30s and they haven't progressed and going to see the therapist has become just another part of the weekly schedule. To them, it seems like they feel that going to a psychiatrist gives them permission to act like assholes because they're "treating it" and it's an ongoing process.

Therapists are human beings and, just like any other profession, there will be good ones and bad ones. Ones the will keep their dependable cash cows for decdes even if they know that no good will come from it. But I think it can be very helpful to some and I've seen it.

8. ohmicah

ohmicah Real Gad About Town

Reputations:
  9. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    Howard's a fucking baby and therapy gives him an excuse for his soulless behavior. That's why he goes to a Freudian therapist, he can blame it all on mommy and daddy and take no responsibility for his own actions.

10. R.P. McMurphy

Reputations:
    ...exactly.

11. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    Mommy & Daddy did some good things and some bad things.
    Accentuate the positives try not to repeat the negatives.
    Therapy over/

12. Mr Fantastic

Mr Fantastic Found Nemo VIP

Reputations:
    Dawg's is my psychotherapissed

13. itpdude

itpdude New Member

Reputations:
    Eh, I'd say they help people who go for a period of time and then stop because they've improved enough to cope.

There is something tremendously wrong with someone who goes every week for more than six months. Years, there is something even more wrong with them.

Or they are narcissistic and need someone to listen to them whine an hour a week and get patted on the head. I know a woman who has gone through a few therapists because they eventually got fed up with her and told her stuff she didn't want to hear. She shrink-shops and, for now, she has one that hasn't told her she's a fucked up cunt. He gets his $200 a week, sometimes more, for an hour session and moves on. I'm sure he'll eventually tire of her, or find a new dunce to milk, and tell her what she really thinks causing her to shrink-shop again.

But for her? "Therapy" is about her going in and griping and looking for justification for some shitty stuff she does to people. Catholics call it confession and toss in some hail Mary's and kick in a $20 to the poor jar. This bitch calls it "therapy."

14. AmishGirl

AmishGirl Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Well - I wouldn't be too dismissive of therapy; there are people out there who have been through terrible, unjust things; it can't be dismissed.

15. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    Howard is a heartless soulless monster.
    He recently admitted therapy helps him to fake empathy.

His 90 year old parents are taking their final breaths on the planet and he is still bashing them.
    Stern has to be the (fake) victim even if it means tossing his wife and family to the wolves.

16. Kool

Kool Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    it's fckn really weird to me that the Wig still references his Mom or Dad, things a young person would do....the Wig didn't have sexual abuse, wasn't robbed, was never homeless. I don't get his major troubles....The Wig just needs to talk to a close/best friend and get advice and he has none so he goes to therapy....and Cunt Beth is not his best friend.

17. itpdude

itpdude New Member

Reputations:
    Another thing that some shrinks don't want to face is it is NOT healthy to talk about traumatic events over and over.

And that's pretty much what people like Pelican do after decades of "therapy."

Did daddy hit you? Okay, let's talk about how that made you feel, etc. Maybe "confront" daddy about his "abuse." There, there, feel better now?

I get it, but these docs that have clients for decades, once, twice, three times a week are milking it. Good for Pelican's shrink. He couldn't be taking advantage of a bigger asshole. I commend thee.

18. TallTyrion

TallTyrion Triggered like a mofo VIP

Reputations:
    The only value added to psychotherapy is it gives you something to do for 49 minutes a week. Everything else is for faegs.

19. AllAboutHim Ed

AllAboutHim Ed #mypurpose VIP

Reputations:
    Psych and education majors were always the biggest head cases and whores in school. I take very few seriously.

Sorry about your family situation.

20. chapped

Reputations:
    That I agree with 100%

There are adults and children who have been victims of horrible crimes or have been through some traumatic shit..

NO one will argue against therapy in those cases... that said

The Stern Staff seem emotionally crippled by their own phobias and by the fact they all married or date someone who is only with them for fame or money..

And use therapy to avoid realty