Entertainment PUDDLE OF MUDD Frontman Accuses Audience Member Of Stealing His House, Walks Off Stage

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by XuXu, Feb 2, 2016.

1. XuXu

XuXu VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/vi...member-of-stealing-his-house-walks-off-stage/

puddle of mud singer.jpg

PUDDLE OF MUDD's January 30 concert at The Adelphia Music Hall in Marietta, Ohio ended abruptly when the band's lead singer, Wes Scantlin, walked off stage after berating an audience member for "stealing" his house.

According to WQLZ.com, Scantlin stopped the show in the middle of a song to go off on someone in the crowd. He said (see video below): "This motherfucker right here stole my motherfucking house and now he's standing right fucking in front of me laughing at me. And he fucking figures I'm a fucking joke. This motherfucker right here. This motherfucker right here. Get his ass on camera. Right. Get his ass on camera. Get his ass on camera. This is the dog. Right here. This is the motherfucker right here. This guy stole my fucking house."

Scantlin then put his jacket on and walked off stage.

After the abbreviated concert, the venue posted a message on its Facebook page, saying: "Thank you everyone who attended tonight's show! We apologize for the actions of the lead singer. Unfortunately, it was beyond our control! Please send us a PM and we will issue you a ticket to the next show of your choice!"

Scantlin was arrested in January for the second time in less than a month, this time for trespassing in and vandalizing a house that used to belong to him. According to TMZ, Scantlinreturned to the house — which he lost to foreclosure last year — and was using a hatched to destroy parts of it. He allegedly trashed audio electronics, surveillance cameras and an alarm system while inside the home on January 9.

TMZ captured footage of Scantlin being led out of the home in handcuffs, telling police, "Come on, this is my house, man."

Scantlin was arrested in December on charges of possession of a controlled substance after being pulled over by police in Beverly Hills, California for having an expired registration on his vehicle.

When the officers at the scene realized there was also a warrant out for Scantlin's arrest, the car was searched and the alleged substance was discovered.

He was booked on misdemeanor drug charges for that incident and was released on $51,000 bail.

Scantlin was last arrested in early August in South Dakota, where police cited him for driving under the influence and being in possession of marijuana.

Previous to that, he was busted in Minnesota last July 26 for driving while intoxicated and leading police officers on a 100 miles-per-hour chase.

He forced the band to cancel a show in Flint, Michigan in June when he missed his flight. Before that, he was arrested in mid-April on charges of disorderly conduct after an incident at Milwaukee's Mitchell International Airport.

Scantlin was also arrested in January 2015 after taking what was described as a "joyride" into a restricted area on an airport baggage carousel at Denver International Airport.

He previously made news in April 2014 when he melted down onstage, threw a beer and microphone into the audience, and threatened several attendees with violence at a show in Scottsdale Arizona.

Going back to 2013, his arrests included one for vandalism against a neighbor's property, as well as one stemming from his 2012 cocaine possession case and another on charges of domestic violence.

can ya take it all away
    can ya take it all away
    when ya shoved it in my face
    you fucking stole my house

ninifunkhauser, x76, monsoon and 2 others like this.
  2. Walygatr

Walygatr Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  3. cwok

cwok Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    wow! dude's got a bad reputation for sure. but they left out the 'lip syncing' accusations that WIKI told me about lol

'Come Clean' was pretty good though!
    -Control -Drift and Die -Blurry -She [fucking] hates me. Great early 00's rock.

SlipperyVic and XuXu like this.
  4. Phil A Sheo

Phil A Sheo Well-Known Member

Reputations:

Bababoey31 and cwok like this.
  5. Daveindiego

Daveindiego Confirmed Internet Legend Gold

Reputations:
    So was the guy in the crowd the one that stole his house?

6. idiotbox

idiotbox Looking for a dime and found a quarter. VIP

Reputations:
    He's having what Scott Stapp's having.

Cookiepus, Droog, Batwings and 5 others like this.
  7. Rescued Owl

Rescued Owl VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Things are so bad that they are doing shows in Flint, Michigan.
    No wonder he lost his house.
    Can't be too pissed off at a guy who gets locked up for riding the baggage carousel at the airport though.
    :burp:

stanggirl, XuXu and cwok like this.
  8. Stretch5000

Stretch5000 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    He was just pissed because his new house got a flat tire right before the show.

9. Limo Wreck

Limo Wreck Aboard the great mothership Staff Member

Reputations:
    Another fine product brought to you by Fred Dust. :endit:

10. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I bought a house at auction once. Flipped it and sold it in 2 months.

A year later, the entire family that lived there died of asphyxiation when someone cut the natural gas feed to the house and threw a hose on one end, sent the other end thru a hole into a crawl space late at night.

Who was arrested: original owners.

ZosoHitler, jrstinkfish, x76 and 3 others like this.
  11. John Smith

John Smith Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    What kind of dope still goes to a Puddle Of Mudd concert?

12. DDragon

DDragon VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    The Machine Shop in Flint is a nice venue. Everyone wants to play it.[/QUOTE]

Rescued Owl and Bababoey31 like this.
  13. Bababoey31

Bababoey31 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Seen them 3 times in the past and they put on a great show. Hadn't seen them in about 3 years. Had heard that Wes was having issues but figured they were exaggerated and it would still be a really good show. It was pretty bad! Definitely wasn't lip synced as he messed up about 50% of the words. When he'd talk between songs he was making no sense. Then about 3/4 of the way thru the show he said I need to use the restroom. He walks off stage and doesn't come back for like 20 min. It was a train wreck.

Unless then guy gets his shit together in a hurry he'll be dead within a year.

Droog likes this.
  14. John Smith

John Smith Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

15. fieldingmellish

fieldingmellish Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The news isn't that Wes Scantlin has gone batshit crazy. The news is that people still go to Puddle of Mudd shows.

Captain likes this.
  16. The Snork

The Snork Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    All things considered I still love this song.

17. The Finklestein Kid

The Finklestein Kid Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    By cutting the show short they did the audience a favor.

18. jrstinkfish

jrstinkfish The Slow Adult VIP

Reputations:
    I've never heard this song, but it sounds sorta like (mostly starting at 0:30):

Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
    BethOsItchyHem likes this.
  19. DrSublux

DrSublux Who am dis VIP

Reputations:
    I thought this thread was about anal

20. jokeland

jokeland Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Saw their picture on the wall of The Brat Stop and knew I had no interest in a band that played at a Packer bar. Fuck the Packers and Puddle of Mud.