News Purple Heart Recipient Among Bikers Killed in Waco Shooting

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by dawg, May 21, 2015.

1. dawg

dawg In The Dog House Staff Member

Reputations:
    WACO, Texas — One of nine bikers killed at a shootout outside a Texas restaurant was a Vietnam veteran and Purple Heart recipient whose family members dispute police claims he was in a criminal group.

An Associated Press review of Texas court records and a database maintained by the state Department of Public Safety turned up no criminal history in Texas for Jesus Delgado Rodriguez, 65, of New Braunfels. And his son Vincent Ramirez told the San Antonio Express-News that he was not violent.

Rodriguez was one of nine bikers killed Sunday when gunfire erupted at Twin Peaks restaurant in Waco, where motorcyclists had gathered for a meeting. Authorities have said the shooting began during an apparent confrontation between two rival motorcycle gangs — the Bandidos and the Cossacks.

Waco police spokesman Sgt. W. Patrick Swanton told the AP on Wednesday that all those killed were part of those two gangs. He did not return phone messages Thursday seeking comment about Rodriguez.

Military records show Rodriguez was a Marine on active duty from 1969 and 1973, and received the Purple Heart, given to those wounded or killed in action. He also received a Navy commendation medal and other awards.

Family members said Rodriguez was a biker and had belonged to two now-defunct motorcycle clubs, one of which allowed couples. But he was not part of any club when he was killed at Twin Peaks restaurant in Waco, they said, though he had friends who were Bandidos.

"If he thought there was going to be violence he wouldn't have gone." Rodriguez's son-in-law Amado Garces told the Express-News.

When gunfire erupted in the parking lot of the restaurant, most of the leather-clad motorcycle riders watching the confrontation from the patio or inside immediately ran away from the shooting. A few tried to direct people to safety, crawling on all fours heading for cover.

One biker ran away with blood on his face, hands and torso. A woman could be heard screaming, "Oh my God!" Others yelled, "Get down!"

Restaurant security video reviewed exclusively by the AP on Wednesday showed only one of the dozens of bikers recorded firing a gun from the patio of the restaurant. None of the nine video angles shows the parking lot.

Many of the bikers on tape are likely to have been arrested by Waco police, who rounded up about 170 people, charged them with felony engaging in organized criminal activity and set their bonds at $1 million.

Some bikers have complained that police acted too hastily in making arrests and scooped up riders who had nothing to do with the violence.

Swanton declined to comment about the video Wednesday. Swanton has said the people arrested were members of biker gangs with criminal elements that have been monitored by local authorities for months.

"They were not here to drink and eat barbecue," Swanton said earlier this week. "They came here with violence in mind."

The AP was shown the video by representatives of the Twin Peaks franchise, who have said the fighting began outside the restaurant, not inside as police have said. The franchise has not released the video publicly, citing the ongoing investigation.

Video footage shows police with assault rifles entering the door about two minutes after the shooting begins. As two officers enter, bikers can be seen lying on the floor with their hands spread.

___

Merchant reported from Dallas. Robbins reported from San Antonio. Associated Press writers Allen G. Breed in Raleigh, N.C., and David Warren in Dallas.

2. EndOfLine

EndOfLine PLATINUM SPONSOR VIP

Reputations:
    Looked like some serious carnage. Look at the bodies.

[​IMG]

yaddc likes this.
  3. FishySausage

FishySausage Original Nuttah VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Purple Heart recipients can't be dirtbags?

4. dawg

Reputations:
    Dude, quick to judge? He had no criminal history, he was not a member of any gang he was there with friends, this guy was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Which i am sure there are many in this case. No one was expecting a gun battle at twin peaks.

whatsit and reno like this.
  5. dawg

Reputations:
    At least not everyone knew.

6. Bentknee

Bentknee Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Wasn't the hell's angels started by WW2 vets? I'm sure some of them received purple hearts.

Shamrock12 and yaddc like this.
  7. Pussy Tendon

Pussy Tendon Wet! CUNT!!!!! Gold

Reputations:
    Maybe bazookas, but not guns.

8. yaddc

yaddc Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The wild one Marlon Brando. Any 1 see that 1. Lee Marvin.

whatsit likes this.
  9. dawg

Reputations:
    I'm sure a lot of bikers are vets true.

whatsit likes this.
  10. FishySausage

FishySausage Original Nuttah VIP Gold

Reputations:
    It's a pretty tragic case then. Rip brave Vet

11. yaddc

yaddc Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I was gonna say that my self. Good point.

12. dawg

Reputations:
    I have no idea bro, i didnt write this news article, its from AP. I was just speculating.

One thing for sure, if you purchase a Harley you are on a list. Which is a shame because owning a bike can be fun, just because you own a motorcycle does not make you a gang member but in the eyes of the law all Harley owners are gang members.

13. potroast

potroast Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]
    Not entirely true, but I'll bet that every motorcycle rider there that day was judged guilty on the spot once the shit hit the fan.

14. dawg

Reputations:
    It's 100% true. It was all over the news a couple of months ago bro that the FBI keeps a database of all all Harley purchases and owners. Look it up.

15. Stinkfist

Stinkfist Well-Known Member

Reputations:

I am going to buy a Ducati because I like to ride a slow motorcycle.

I am going to buy a suicide shifter because I like driving safely.

I am going to buy a Harley because I enjoy ducks and kittens.

16. Shamrock12

Shamrock12 Bouncy... Bouncy...

Reputations:
    Around here all I know bikers for is all the charity work they do. Every encounter I have ever had with any of them has been kind, but I live up in the NE so.

17. agnes

agnes Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Jesus Dawg, I and about 20 other cops I know own Harleys. No one at work thinks any of us are Gang members

whatsit likes this.
  18. JameGumb

JameGumb We're all out of toner!

Reputations:
    Many bikers are ex military. In fact the first biker gangs in the late 50s and 60s were made up of ww2 and Korean war vets.

reno likes this.
  19. JameGumb

JameGumb We're all out of toner!

Reputations:
    Many bikers are ex military. In fact the first biker gangs in the late 50s and 60s were made up of ww2 and Korean war vets.

20. agnes

agnes Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Also every interaction Ive had with biker gangs they've been pretty cool and respectful. Obviously doing shady as fuck things when I leave but they generally keep to themselves, especially in comparison to other gangs