Sports Putting up the Dolphins Signal

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by TallTyrion, Dec 21, 2015.

1. TallTyrion

TallTyrion Triggered like a mofo VIP

Reputations:
    @broccoli rob @Shivvy @Odd Vaark @ScottBaiosPenis

I am so annoyed with this team right now, I left at halftime to go xmas shopping with my wife ......AND ENJOYED IT!

Is anyone going to be happy with anything other than ripping this team down to the studs?

Everyone including Tannehill and Tannenbaum needs to go.

What would you do if you were Stephen Ross, besides kill yourself of course...

FosterKitten and broccoli rob like this.
  2. Snort

Snort Something witty Gold

Reputations:
    tv_fargo_bokeem1a.jpg

3. ScottBaiosPenis

ScottBaiosPenis Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

4. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Bow down to your almighty tom brady

5. Pickle Jar

Pickle Jar Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Comb your cunt, buster

DuckDong and RonHeinzkaboot like this.
  6. TallTyrion

Reputations:
    That has nothing to do with my reality kid. Sorry

ljc likes this.
  7. OV

OV Rapscallion

Reputations:
    I turned it off after Jones intercepted, made a nice return and then fumbled it back to Rivers for a first down. Knew the inevitable ending as I've seen this script before.

Hated the Tannenbaum hire: he wrecked the Jets, couldn't even get a lateral GM position and had to resort to sports agency until dumbass Ross salvaged him and gave him a de facto promotion. Ross should have fired Philbin last year. He means well but is more than half the problem.

I don't think we should rip it up. I don't think we should give up on Tannehill cuz you don't go from the 12th ranked QB on the upswing to what he's morphed into in less than a season for no reason. Get him better coaching than Sherman's son in law. I would try to resign Matthews, let Jennings walk.. and try to replace Miller in the middle rounds of the draft.. use the early rounds for linebacking and cornerbacks and shore up the OL thru free agency.

I'd either let Hickey sign the next HC, or sign a good HC like Harbaugh if he's available or Payton if we don't have to trade for him and let him designate a GM he'd like to work with. If Hickey stays (although he'll probably go and we'll be stuck with Tannenbaum), I wouldn't mind an offensive minded HC like Hue Jackson who worked wonders with Dalton. Just afraid that Tannenbaum will hire his butthole buddy Mangini who's already been fired from 2 HC positions).

Incidentally, you left out our distaff member fans @FosterKitten and @Dlist. I'm sure they have opinions also on how to end this chronic migraine.

Dlist and TallTyrion like this.
  8. TallTyrion

Reputations:
    Thanks for this.....very succinct and to the point. I am NOT a believer in Tannehill and think he's been spoiled to David Carr/Matt Schaub proportions and want him to leave.

This team did NOT address needs in the off season this year and instead threw money at Marquee names that didn't do shit and/or were complete busts. Glass Albert should go, Jennings go, stills go. All of the DB's go. LB's go.

We let Starks leave and Wake's production went down.
    Bottom line? Everyone should be canned and Ross should hire a football guy that brings in his own people. Is it a plan that will help us win next year? Probably not, but we MIGHT see some real improvements.

Better yet, Ross should fire himself.

wife is a whore and OV like this.
  9. Divorce Chicken

Divorce Chicken white punk on dope VIP

Reputations:
  10. Tipsey Russell

Tipsey Russell VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    you don't have one of that tiny handful of QB's who can win it all then you really got no chance

I think this is true and it sorta lessens my interest in the league a little
    true story

TallTyrion likes this.
  11. Graveyard

Graveyard Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Lifelong Houston Oilers/Texans fan here. I can honestly say David Carr was not spoiled by any stretch of the imagination. If anything he gave the team his best and they let him down. That kid took a beating physically the entire time he was there and I firmly feel the Texans ruined his career.

wife is a whore likes this.
  12. TallTyrion

Reputations:
    Im saying that as the most sacked QB in the last 5 years he's been spoiled.

13. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    They will be the answer to a trivia question after yesterday, "what team lost the final NFL game played in San Diego?"

14. Graveyard

Graveyard Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'm saying it wasn't all his fault. Their big get for the O-line when they first started out was Tony Boselli, who never played a down for them. The rest were scrubs and the guy ran for his life every time he snapped the ball.

TallTyrion likes this.
  15. CrucifiedAGT

CrucifiedAGT He's Around VIP

Reputations:
    As a Browns fan, I have no fucking idea what you guys are whining about.

Big Lar, wife is a whore and KDK12 like this.
  16. TallTyrion

Reputations:
    I wasnt ripping him, I was saying that he was ruined by the Texans.

Graveyard likes this.
  17. broccoli rob

broccoli rob thanks for the memories DW3

Reputations:
    Sell the team. But since that is not going to happen...

I give total control to the new head coach. Tannenbaum becomes a contract closer/cheerleader.

coaches:

1a) Hue Jackson.. I think he could turn this team if given full control. Hue would know how to use DaVante Parker as a #1 WR, could make Tannehill or whoever a serviceable QB, and would take advantage of Miller/Ajayi.
    1b) Trade 2nd rd pick for Sean Payton, let him bring in his own staff... give him full control including a run at Drew Brees if thats the route he wants to take.
    2) Mike Shula & Todd Haley deserve interviews. If I am Ross I want to hear their plan to turn this team around given full control.

No more college coaches. No more projected hires (Philbin, Campbell). If Chuck Pagano becomes the new coach, I will become a Bucs fan.

I would re-sign Lamar Miller immediately. Cut Grimes. Cut Jordan Cameron. Cut Greg Jennings. Cut Dion Jordan. Cut Wake. Cut Earl Mitchell. Cut Dallas Thomas and Billy Turner. Cut Branden Albert. Cut Damien Williams.
    Just Wake, Grimes, Cameron, Jennings, and Jordan would recoup almost 30 mil. you could potentially clear up over 50 million in cap space.

A corner needs to be taken in the first round. Or a MLB. Need to take CB, MLB, OL with draft picks. Do whatever you can in FA but this is a multi year re-build. This team needs 2-3 CBs, 2-3 LBs, 3 OL.
    Free up 50-60 mil and do the best you can to put football players on the team.

Tannehill is stuck for one more year at 16 million. With a REAL offensive minded coach (Jackson, Payton) and an offensive line, he auditions for his job next season. You can cut ties in 2017 and walk away at no loss.

Try to draft a late round QB to compete with Logan Thomas and Tannehill. If the season bombs, you draft a top QB in 2017 and cut Tannehill.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
    TallTyrion likes this.
  18. Snotty

Snotty My Snothand be strong!!! VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Yeah......Some idiot put up a Brady caught in a Sue tsunami meme at the beginning of the season........
    Where is your God now 'Phins Phan?

KDK12 and Beth143nacho like this.
  19. Snotty

Snotty My Snothand be strong!!! VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Two things......You forgot to cut Sue.....He's a pariah....Did you hear about the tirade he went on about he was the only good thing about the team? He's not worth the money......
    I'm sure theres a clause to bounce him for a fraction of the overall contract, And if not.....What the fuck were they thinkng? Second.....Does he really spell it "Hue"?

20. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Tom owns your lowly Dolphins. Even their awesome defense that was gonna rule this season.