Q&A: Artie Lange talks Stern....

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Nemo, Sep 26, 2013.

1. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    ...gambling and new book ahead of St. Pete show

http://tbo.com/events/qa-artie-lang...-and-new-book-ahead-of-st-pete-show-20130926/
    [​IMG]

TBO: Will you ever go on Howard's show as a guest, and has the opportunity come up?

AL: I have a new book coming out October 29, so it seems like a good time to do it. It's up to him though. He's always been great. You know I put him in an awkward situation with my stuff. There's no hard feelings. I sent (Stern show producer) Gary (Dell'Abate) some books, so we'll see.

[​IMG]

2. joyceface

joyceface Queen of Everything VIP

Reputations:
    I miss artie!

3. Mike

Mike 'Merica Gold

Reputations:
    Chance of stern letting Artie on

Dean Wormer what say you?

4. gd9tsd9tas9sa9

gd9tsd9tas9sa9 New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Haveing Artie in .That would REALLY would show Howards ALL IN

5. Dlist

Dlist Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Artie isn't going to be on..Howard always makes it about him and thinks Artie disrespected him for doing his show on heroin.

But he'll say he doesn't want to stress Artie out, that is why he is not having him on.

6. TheLACritic

TheLACritic Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    "Awkward situation"? Like making Howard look like an uncaring fool who exploited Artie's drug use and mental illness for show material? Like making some people put some blame on Stern as his employer for not doing anything to intervene prior to Artie's meltdown? By making it tougher for Howard to negotiate a more lucrative deal with Sirius with Artie part of the team?

Artie does deserve some blame but he is a crazy drug addict. Why didn't Howard listen to the pleas of Artie's mom and sister to help?

7. sternski

sternski New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    :hat:

8. Dlist

Reputations:
    Listen, a drug addict won't get help until they are ready. There is nothing Howard or anyone could have done.

9. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...he might have artie in but I think hes afraid of having it so obvious how shitty the show has been without artie. howard will just say, "artie said on bubba hes making the same money he had here, hes still doing stand up and he wrote a new book. he doesn't even need us robin, artie is doing very well".

10. TheLACritic

TheLACritic Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Probably true, but it doesn't excuse Howard's decision to do nothing. I did an intervention with a buddy one time and it didn't work. After that, I felt everything he did was his responsibility. I at least tried the one time. Howard didn't.

11. Dlist

Reputations:
    I get your point there..Howard didn't even try..

12. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    Howard as Artie's boss could have done more.

BUT Artie drug drama filled many hours for the greedy lazy wigged liar!

Enable and exploit.....Howard invented that!

13. TelegramSam

TelegramSam I love Sam's cock Banned User

Reputations:
    Playing devil's advocate, I work in construction and am an IBEW member. Now, this is an industry that depends FAR more on people being at work, but once someone is off of being an apprentice, they still get the riot act read to them and offered the chance to go to rehab and get themselves cleaned up (or in cases of mental illness, checking into a psych ward). When I still worked on job sites, I knew a kid in a spot somewhat similar to Artie's, he spent 3 months in a psych ward and got his bi-polar disorder straightened out. He was told he could take medical leave or lose his job, and he took the opportunity. There is nothing that would have stopped Howard from doing that.

AND, even if you say Howard shouldn't have to do all that if he didn't want to, why cut all ties with him and pretend he never existed? Even MadTV had him back after all of his shenanigans there.

14. ZeroZed

ZeroZed New Member

Reputations:
    Howard absolutely had the ability and moral responsibility to intervene when Artie was using. Instead, he created a work environment that not only tolerated active drug-abuse, but encouraged it by removing nearly all consequences and building entire bits around Artie's downward spiral to a suicide attempt. I'm not suggesting that anything Stern might have done would necessarily have worked--but his exploitation of an obvious junkie for well over a year, coupled with Stern's willful neglect of his "bro" after the suicide attempt are beneath contempt.

If Artie does ever come on THSS again, I'd wager that he's nothing but a gentleman and spends the hour apologizing to Howard for the position he put him in. Because that's just the way Artie is. The notion that Howard would ever apologize that he hadn't been a better friend and taken a more active role in trying to help his "friend" when he most desperately needed it would never occur to Stern.

15. gd9tsd9tas9sa9

gd9tsd9tas9sa9 New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    If my memory serves me well I think Arties issues with heroin were part of the show for a long time thet don't have to tslk about thst past . For most people the future is whsts important

16. isabella

isabella VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    how do you know that artie's family pleaded with howard to intervene....i detest howard as much as anyone here but don't blame howard for artie's addictions. i know about addiction. there was nothing howard could do to stop artie's downward trajectory....artie alone is to blame and if you want to talk about enabling, artie's mother and sister were the ones who coddled him.
    so stop it already, artie's relationships have always ended bad. it's possible that artie had nick fired because he hounded him about using....from what alot of you who listen to his show say, artie is still using.
    artie is fucked up, and always will be.

17. TelegramSam

TelegramSam I love Sam's cock Banned User

Reputations:
    He might be to blame, but Howard treated him far worse than Quincy Jones did or the Longshoremen's union would have.

18. Rufus

Rufus Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I hope he comes on the show.

I need to know if Artie has a big cock.

19. Rufus

Rufus Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
  20. DoneWithStern

DoneWithStern Member

Reputations:
    I wonder if Artie will have the balls to go on O&A if he doesn't go on stern.