Question about Bubba

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by jyanks, Feb 27, 2012.

1. jyanks

jyanks Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Whatever happened to Bubba? Why was his show taken off the channels? Was it Sirius or Howard?
    I just heard the Bubba interview on Howard replay & they seemed so happy to work together, I wondered what went wrong.

2. skytzoboy

skytzoboy not a fuck to give

Reputations:
    Reader's Digest version? Sirius didn't want to pay him shit, which is why after the first two years he went back to terrestrial and we got replays of that with one day a week uncensored. When that contract ran out, he decided to go with that bullshit Radio IO venture and told Sirius to go fuck themselves. I don't think Howard had anything to do with it, but if he wasn't such a money grubbing marble hoarder I'm sure he could've made something happen to keep Bubba on the channels if he really wanted to.

3. banksy

banksy You wrote "I love you" in lipstick on the mirror VIP

Reputations:
    I missed Bubba in the pm for a while. Now I listen to Jay Thomas. That fucker's funny. :hhh:

4. jyanks

jyanks Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Thanks for the update. I agree that Howard could have worked something out if he really wanted to. I love how Howard just wipes his hands clean & says it was out of his control. It's his FN channels!

5. skytzoboy

skytzoboy not a fuck to give

Reputations:
    Exactly. If he really gave a fuck, he could've allocated some marbles for Bubba's show. It would've only taken a couple million - that's pocket change for Hoard.

6. SINC

SINC New Member

Reputations:
    Yeah the offer Bubba received from Sirius to stay was an 80% pay cut apparently. Meanwhile, that very month, Scott Greenstein was paying Paul McCartney $2 Million (of subscriber money) to do a 2 hour show for his celebrity friends.

7. yippeekyaa

yippeekyaa Moved forward. VIP

Reputations:
    Didn't Howard say a few months ago that Bubba and Sirius were trying to work out something? I wonder what killed that? The Howard vs. Sirius lawsuit, cheap ass Sirius or both? Either way, I don't miss infomercial Bubba.

8. tomtom

tomtom Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I couldn't stand Jay at first but slowly catching a bit here and there he grew on me and I know this sounds repetitive but his show is better than Howard's. Jay is funny.

9. FtM

FtM Starless & Bible Black Gold

Reputations:
    I listen to Bubba often when I'm working. Since he divorced, his show has been him trying to pick up every female caller and if the woman says she's over 35 or married, he treats them like dirt. I wish he would spend his time trolling for ladies on his own watch.

The upside about the divorce is that Bubba is in court a lot during his airtime, so Spice, Manson, "Ned", & Brent do the show without him. They talk about a lot more interesting subjects like music and politics, no NASCAR. I would listen to a show with them Bubba-free over a show with Bubba any day.

Also, it seems like when Bubba's running things, advertisements get shoe-horned into everything. I did a thread at the SFN Bubba board before Mutt took it down where I listened to a show and broke down ads and original content. Here were some of the results...

Pre-recorded commercials took up 25.5% airtime
    New, original on-air content(minus plugs) took up 55% airtime

...it gets a bit grating at times.

Sometimes I listen to the secondary shows on Radio IO as well. My favorite is the show where Manson and his wife Donna get stoned and talk about whatever they want to talk about. Its fun and they're cute together.

10. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...more jay. i think he should do the hss on howards day off. fuck howard.

11. Markijuano

Markijuano Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Boo yah

12. gearhead

gearhead New Member

Reputations:
    Jay is okay at times but I have to turn the channel when that annoying guy that sounds like Gilbert gets on the air. I miss the combo of Howard in the morning and bubba in the afternoon. Of course now I also miss when howard actually "worked" days a week.

13. La Flama Blanca

La Flama Blanca Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    You lost me at "Jay is funny"

14. 420

420 Member

Reputations:
    bubba said he was "in talks" with Sirius....i think if he comes back it won't be on howards channels

15. MatthewT

MatthewT Awaiting The Rapture VIP

Reputations:
    Without a show, Bubba gets no tail; of course he's gonna troll his audience for ass. I could listen to the Manson and Donna Get High Hour every day, though; that sounds awesome.

16. Big Bird

Big Bird New Member

Reputations:
    No more marbles to dish out.;)

17. Big Bird

Big Bird New Member

Reputations:
    Wow Bubba went overboard with the ads:c

18. Kickenwing

Kickenwing Member

Reputations:
    I miss the relationship between Bubba and the HSS. It seemed very special considering how Howard seems to hate EVERYONE in radio, including people on his own channel (Howard doesn't care about Farrell, Jay Thomas, Abe Kannan, JACKIE, etc.) Howard actually flew to Bubba's wedding in Florida. That means a lot coming from Howard. Howard really seemed to genuinely love Bubba. It's a shame that it has come to an end.

19. MFnAntiChrist

MFnAntiChrist Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Howard - $400 million for 5 years.
    Bubba - $200,000 for 1 year. (staff salaries included)

That's what happened.