Question for Jay Thomas Fans

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by AuntDolly, Jan 22, 2015.

1. AuntDolly

AuntDolly Musculature Gold

Reputations:
    I know that he needs a 3rd voice in the studio since Garrett bailed, but I thought Medina was only temporary. She does provide comedic material - Jay loves to bash her for being a big-mouthed Muslim and that's funny. But she's not only a know-it-all, she's a fucking dope.

I don't know what makes my eyes roll into the back of my head faster, her continual assertion that Muslims are peace-loving just like the religion mandates or her claim that she's studied to be a Registered Nurse and just needs to take her exams. No way this idiot passes.

LaserT, reno, John Smith and 3 others like this.
  2. ScottBaiosPenis

ScottBaiosPenis Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I kinda fell out of listening daily since garret left still love Jay but medina and Cristina were making me nuts

PSU Shower Room and kippy like this.
  3. AuntDolly

Reputations:
    I miss Garrett but still enjoy the show. Medina is just becoming like Shuli for me.

I was starting to agree with a lot of Garrett's weird opinions over the last year, so it's probably best for my mental health that he's gone. :snicker:

ScottBaiosPenis likes this.
  4. ScottBaiosPenis

Reputations:
    unhealthy obsession w Cum shots?

AuntDolly likes this.
  5. AuntDolly

Reputations:
    :haha:

I'm pretty open-minded, but that is so weird (also weird that he discussed it on air). I don't know any heterosexual males who are into the money-shot. That's fast forwarding time.

SternsEgo likes this.
  6. Finns Wake

Finns Wake Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I don't mind Christina (full disclosure: this may be due to the pictures I've seen posted of her rather appealing figure), but Medina is a bore. Nowhere near as terrible and disruptive to the show as when Shuli is on, but you have to think that there are better qualified voices out there than hers. I get that the pay is shit and Jay will fuck with you, but come on, it's a pretty good gig and it's one that's currently being wasted on this broad.

dexterdog, John Smith and AuntDolly like this.
  7. misslady85

misslady85 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    She's not there every day. Usually answers phones. Some guy that works for Howard filled in one day. Jay ripped his ass for screwing up.

8. kippy

kippy Not Safe For Women VIP

Reputations:
    This.

Garrett was a quick wit and Christina just doesn't fill the bill. It seems to be a lot of Cristina and Medina just shouting lately and I end up turning it off.

A caller had it right recently when he was complaining about Jay repeating the same stories over and over again.

I really like that Furlott (?) guy when he phones in as John from Kentucky. I find him funny but he hasn't been on much either and when he is, Jay usually ends up cutting him off.

AuntDolly and ScottBaiosPenis like this.
  9. ScottBaiosPenis

Reputations:
    I think he said he got a different shift and isn't in his truck as much when Jay is on...

unlike wiggy Jay pays him for his contributions OUT OF HIS OWN POCKET

AuntDolly likes this.
  10. quitefrankly

quitefrankly Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    blobbin has a job with wiggy she unavailable

jays doin the best he can

1Vegasgirl likes this.
  11. AuntDolly

Reputations:
    Actually, she has been on the show nearly every day since she started...I listen to Jay obsessively (like I used to listen to Wigward).

12. AuntDolly

Reputations:
    He used to do a great Barney Frank and Michelle Obama. Jay put the kibosh on the Michelle Obama impression over a year ago. "Hey baaaybeeeeeee" - got me every time.

ScottBaiosPenis and 1Vegasgirl like this.
  13. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    Hey, did you know Robin Quivers managed to be a nurse?

1Vegasgirl likes this.
  14. AuntDolly

Reputations:
    This broad makes Robin look like a genius.

Plus, I'm sure the exams are much harder now than when Ms. Quivers took them.

1Vegasgirl likes this.
  15. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    Sirius is a sad sack company. Grab a phone app and search for shows by title. There are literally hundreds of shows. Only a handful anyone has heard of. They obviously just let anyone on the air with the attitude that it's just filler. Jay's show can be great. I laughed my ass off this week when the caller mocked his way of saying "Charlotte". But their attitude towards second and third banana pay is "people are waiting in line to work here, so why pay anything?". So I would not expect anyone anytime soon to step into those stinky shoes of Garrett's

Some classic Jayisms of this week

1. Jay the history professor told us that the Russians used a lot of snipers because they didn't have a very big army in WWII! (it was the biggest one and they had tons of huge tanks)

2. He had Chris Kyle writing in his book that he was up in the Super Dome roof shooting looters.

3. An idiot caller (there really aren't any other kind) declared "Enemy at the Gates" the best war movie of all time (it was terrible and I like war movies), and cited it as being about the "Siege of Leningrad". (It was about the battle of Stalingrad, on the opposite side of the country, and the most famous battle of that war). Jay didn't notice.

4. Jay went on to declare that after the war the Soviets got rid of all the snipers. He was interrupted before he could go on with that. (They made many of them propaganda heroes)

16. SternsEgo

SternsEgo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Jay is probably the only reason I still have sirius. I miss garrett I always liked when he disagreed with Jay the best would be when garrett would disagree on something and Jay would be in shock..
    Jay - "WHAT!!!, Garret you are joking ? common you can't be serious ?". Ira really gets on my nerves he's only funny when someone feeds him lines. I will say last friday he was funny. "Jay, I rented a movie, oy vey my son is gay" I was in tears.

Kevin like a tumor has grown on me, I do like it when he laughs at horrific story when jay reads the news. But back to the main topic. Yes medina is annoying, i'm sick of hearing how peaceful and loving the muzzies are, and her fake laughter at every joke jay cracks is fuckin annoying. Best was when a caller told jay to get rid of that somali pirate :snicker:

Wigless, AuntDolly and John Smith like this.
  17. misslady85

misslady85 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I also listen to Jay every day. I never miss a show. She is there, usually, but she does miss a show occasionally. Love me some Ira. Jaaaaaaaaay.

AuntDolly likes this.
  18. mattyfishrip197

mattyfishrip197 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ANOOSE

19. jimerer

jimerer Active Member

Reputations:
    I definitely miss Garret, I never thought I would. He's so right wing, but it was fun to hear him argue with Jay. Kevin is great! If he was on everyday it might get old. Medina is odd, I still don't know what to make of her. She is mostly annoying

AuntDolly likes this.
  20. Dorb

Dorb Lovable Old Pig VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Love Christina. She is way better and more informative than Garret and his idiot opinions. Dont mind Medina because he doesnt talk to her that much, and I love Kevin Meaney when he is on.
    Only one I hate is Shuli on the friday show.
    You guys are like a bunch of persnickety old ladies. Whine bitch pick and complain about every little thing.
    Maybe a good enema would solve your problems!