Question for the Women of the Saloon

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by itpdude, Nov 26, 2012.

1. itpdude

itpdude New Member

Reputations:
    Most of us, men and women, criticize Beth O for marrying a wealthy man 20 years her senior. We know Beth O wouldn't look at, say, a cop or fireman or plumber or whatever. That's not to say a cop or fireman or plumber can't provide a decent living, but none of those professions could provide a mansion in the Hamptons, a spacious apartment in Manhattan, limo service, fancy dinners, round-the-clock help, etc.

So my question to the ladies of the Saloon is this: For the ladies who are married and attached, or older, pretend you are 25 and single again. For the ladies who are single and older, pretend you are 25 again. And pretend you want to marry a man (for those of you who prefer being single). Would you ever have considered, at that age, marrying a man 20 years your senior who looks like Howard and has his personality? Would you sacrifice having children for that huge financial security? Could you actually become attracted to Howard? Would the limitless spending account for shopping and other frivolities be enough to overlook what you had to marry to attain such status and wealth?

2. KrofftFly

KrofftFly Member

Reputations:
    Yes.

3. itpdude

itpdude New Member

Reputations:
    Curious: Did you marry for money or are you still single?

4. HowieStearn

HowieStearn HateClub

Reputations:
  5. chuk

chuk Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    <snip>

Would you marry for money?

6. joyceface

joyceface Queen of Everything VIP

Reputations:
    I was in a long term relationship with a man 21 years older than I was for several years. He wasn't as wealthy or as ugly as Howard. I don't care about age or wealth (fiscal responsibility is a must though!) but whether a person is nice and good to me. I would not have sacrificed children for money.

I know someone who is in a marriage akin to what you are asking about and he likes to tell people that his much younger wife really loves him because she gave up having children to be married to him. Kinda creepy.

7. idiotbox

idiotbox Looking for a dime and found a quarter. VIP

Reputations:
    a person who would sell their soul/self for money isn't worth having.

8. itpdude

itpdude New Member

Reputations:
    21 years. . . . wow, my wife is 5 years younger than me but it doesn't seem to be an issue. I personally think the age-difference should be a man about 4-10 years older than the woman. 21 years seems like a stretch. So does "19" years, as The Pelican likes to say.

9. smichal

smichal A1 Dick Game

Reputations:
    When I was young, I thought older guys were cool... like I would want to learn from them how to run a business for example. I casually dated 2 guys > 10 years older.... disappointment, and they weren't ugly, just not my type... Now that I am old, I hate older guys! Would prefer somebody my age.

10. joyceface

joyceface Queen of Everything VIP

Reputations:
    It was fine for a while but inevitably I think there will always be a power play going on. Older person always knows more, more authoritative etc. My siblings are much older than I am so I have an older frame of reference than most people my age which allowed us to get along and I could relate to some history and politics and things like that. I don't think HE necessarily could relate to my time frame, although at times he did laugh at Howard with me occasionally (despite not wanting to like it.)

11. ants b list lvr

ants b list lvr New Member

Reputations:
    At 25 i would marry for love..at 50 i would marry an ugly pelican for money..

12. walleye

walleye Active Member Banned User

Reputations:
    This should be good...............

13. ohmicah

ohmicah Real Gad About Town

Reputations:
    I heard somewhere that for a man the perfect age for a woman is 1/2 his age plus 7 years. So, for a 60 year old man, the perfect age for a woman would be 37.

Wish I could remember where I heard that. Don't think it was THSS.

14. Chimney Portions

Chimney Portions I drink cum Banned User

Reputations:
    :jj:

15. Mr Fantastic

Mr Fantastic Found Nemo VIP

Reputations:
    Wonder how Scott Ostrosky would answer this question?

16. Engaged Chicken

Engaged Chicken VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    :secret: Younger. That is my advice. Say half your age, then add seven years. That's about right. If you ask me. :whistle:

17. isabella

isabella VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I'm married to an "age appropriate" man.....but if I had fallen in love with an older man, he would have had to be either better off than me(professionally or financially)and would have had to want a child. I don't think I could have thrown all my principles away....even for someone like Howard.

Beth is the very definition of a high priced whore.

18. Gena

Gena Member

Reputations:
    The giving up kids part would not bother me in the least. Im 41 years old and had a tubal ligation at 27 simply because i knew in my heart at a much younger age that children were not something i had a desire for so i opted for surgery over pills all my life and the risks of said pills. Not all women want kids.

To be financially secure would be wonderful, money has allways been pretty tight and my fiances health isnt the best so we struggle at times and theres not much money for splurgy extras. Feeling secure and being filthy rich and in the limelight are 2 different things though. Id rather struggle a bit with a man who loves me than fly high with an asshole and a sham relationship thats been bought n paid for and approved by 50 lawyers.

To me, more important than vast wealth and empty flattery is a man who loves and respects me, i have been blessed to find it after years of a bad relationship with a selfish immature disrespectful unappreciative ass with no common sense what so ever.

My guy is just a few years older, he wont win any mr universe contest but hell im hardly miss america, but regardless of sociaty, or howards stupid ideas of beauty we love each other and we take care of each other as best we can and we struggle together. Were not gonna leave each other over a few extra pounds or if someone gets sick or if one cant buy the other enough fame. Thats a relationship, money cant buy that, not a real one at least. No way id give up my man for all of the howard type glitz. Im keeping what i have untill god decides to split us and ill pray we can weather what storms come and get the bills paid on time.

Thats just my thoughts.

19. Mr Fantastic

Mr Fantastic Found Nemo VIP

Reputations:
    These 'women of the saloon' threads really need more boobs.

20. harlock

harlock ancora imparo Gold

Reputations:
    Horses are expensive...:grad: