Quick Ruffy, turn on CBS

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by yippeekyaa, Jun 24, 2012.

1. yippeekyaa

yippeekyaa Moved forward. VIP

Reputations:
    Just saw you and your entire family on there. Moe Rocca is doing a special about you/them.

2. FCCstandards

FCCstandards Non-Essential Salooner VIP

Reputations:
    Ruffy isn't allowed time here on Sundays.

3. TriumphVodka

TriumphVodka New Member

Reputations:
    He's travelling

[​IMG]

4. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...thats a great sunday morning show, ive been watching it ever since charles karault was the host. ive tried to get the theme song from winton marsallis on my android for a ring tone but i havent figured it out yet. i wish everyone would watch that show, its a great look at life, art and culture. i laughed when i saw the ruffypup family.

5. R.P. McMurphy

Reputations:
    ...somebodys pm box is full but the message was thank you!

6. yippeekyaa

Reputations:

Look for a free audio program called audacity. I make all kinds of ring tones using it. I just play the sound on my phone while feeding it via a cable to the mic input on pc. edit as you like and convert to ringtone format. Drag and drop it over to your phone. It's not hard really. I made this audio file using the above method as the song is not out for public release yet and I wanted to share it with someone. Creative use of the Siriusxm iphone app. :secret:
    [video=youtube;ApJKmRuxNNs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApJKmRuxNNs[/video]

7. yippeekyaa

Reputations:
    mine is full? not possible as I only have 4 messages out of a possible 2000. :dontknow:

8. TriumphVodka

TriumphVodka New Member

Reputations:
    :hat:

cleared it out (if you mean me) I didn't realize it only held 25.

[video=youtube;K_ZuxYxxT60]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_ZuxYxxT60[/video]

9. TriumphVodka

TriumphVodka New Member

Reputations:
    Audacity is awesome...it's what I used. I did a similar thing with the marsalis song from the above youtube clip...I played the Yt clip then recorded it with cwons jet audio then put it in audacity to edit/convert it.

I always forget audacity for recording. :facepalm:

;)

10. R.P. McMurphy

Reputations:
    ...thank you yippie. i had it on my laptop downloads and finally emailed it to my droid address and i used the directions tv sent me, just never knew how to move files around. im all empowered now and things of this nature!

...lols! yeah it doesnt hold a lot and its the total of sent and recieved before you reach tilt. thanks for the instructions, +1. frustrating when my message didnt go thru i didnt want to appear to be an ungrateful douche. i actually clean up pretty good. hehe. oh speaking of winton marsalis, i always have my local npr on in the car cause they play great jazz and blues. the other day marsalis and his bands recording of 'ice cream'. it was good of fashion knock yer socks off jazz. they were tearing it up, i had to wait for the song to be over before i could get out of the car it was just too good to shut off.

11. R.P. McMurphy

Reputations:
    ...You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to yippeekyaa again. :(

12. TriumphVodka

TriumphVodka New Member

Reputations:
    cool. Yeah I like some good fast jazzy stuff at times. When I work nightshift I usually hit npr up. ;)

13. R.P. McMurphy

Reputations:
    ...it happened to me by accident sort of. i was sppon fed on the beatles and real impressed one night when paul on larry king said nat king cole was some of the music he listened to. soon after that i bought a little bmw model 2002 from these 2 lesbian chicks. so im cleaning out the car and ran onto a louis armstrong greatest hits (there were probably many). the tunes were from way back in the day when these guys werent even allowed in the club unless they were playing but i swear there was a clarinet solo on one of the songs that would just blow you away. it was as if the guy was going to blow the black off his clarinet.
    i just have a lot of appreciation for people who play their instrument well. some jazz guartists most people wouldnt give a second look to are really great players. diana krall has a good band and guartist named anthony wilson. shes all about jazz but shes married to elvis costello.

i love any kind of good music rap hip hop country, it doesnt mattah! as long as its played well. my kid has even commented on how nprs music creates a ez comfortable feeling. im glad i opened up to it. duke ellington too, great band. i could go on but this is about llamas after all and i digress.

14. yippeekyaa

Reputations:
    RP, you listen to "this american life" on NPR. bar none, the best show on radio.

15. R.P. McMurphy

Reputations:
    ...yes i do. there is a ton of "great content" on npr and its free to everyone. our station has an internet stream so i listen on my ipod when im mowing the lawn, always have it on when im out in the garage doodling around. the only guy on npr that rubs me the wrong way is that fucking puzzlemaster dude. hes got the gay.

16. TriumphVodka

TriumphVodka New Member

Reputations:
    hell yeah. I like all sorts as well. Sirius even plays some good stuff on those three or four channels blues/jazz...but I can never remember the names of bands/artists etc. :dontknow:
    I even listen to some of that ole big band stuff where they have a guy jammin the clarinet. if anyone ever heard me listening to that they'd think I was nuts. LOL :p

17. yippeekyaa

Reputations:
    That show airs on Sundays here so I rarely hear it. You donate to your local station? My work has a donation matching program that I max out annually to my local station. One of the few charities I happily support.

18. R.P. McMurphy

Reputations:
    ...whenever they do a drive for funding i donate. i proudly display their window sticker too, and i dont like stickers on my cars but we need npr imo. i dont do any automatic deductions at all. auto deposists im down with. im not around workmates anymore. you work in an office? i would have never been able to do that, im not at all politically correct.

19. R.P. McMurphy

Reputations:
    ...does your station have an internet stream?

20. yippeekyaa

Reputations:
    FedEx, I drive my office. No automatic nonsense either, I just send them a check and fill out some paperwork and FedEx sends a matching check few days later. Pretty painless.

Yup. 88.5 WFDD (Wake Forest Demon Deacons)