Shop Now At Amazon

Race exploitation by one certain party for the win

Discussion in 'Politics' started by stripes, Dec 23, 2012.

1. stripes

stripes New Member VIP

Reputations:
    this was in the local paper this morning, very telling if anyones interested in another point of view...:coffee:

When will liberals stop living in the past? Specifically, when will they accept that they aren’t all that stands between a wonderful, tolerant America and Jim Crow? I was in the room when, during the Democratic convention, civil-rights hero John Lewis suggested that Republicans wanted to “go back†to the days when black men like him could be beaten in the street by the enforcers of Jim Crow. I thought it an outrageous and disgusting bit of demagoguery. The audience of Democratic delegates cheered in a riot of self-congratulation.
    It’s bizarre. I spend most of my time talking or listening to fellow conservatives, and I never hear anybody talk about wanting anything of the sort. But to listen to liberals, that’s all we care about.
    Toward the end of the presidential campaign, various liberal pundits — a great many of them born after the signing of the Civil Rights Act — thought it a brilliant and damning indictment to note that Mitt Romney ran strong in states that once constituted the Confederacy. When Barack Obama won, Jon Stewart conceded that at least Romney won “most of the Confederacy.â€
    These states committed the obvious sin of voting Republican while the president was black.
    Just this week, in an essay for the New York Times, Adolph Reed attacked South Carolina governor Nikki Haley — the first female Indian-American governor in America — for appointing Representative Tim Scott to retiring senator Jim DeMint’s seat. Scott is a black man and a conservative Tea Party favorite.

So obviously, this is a very clever ploy to restore Jim Crow. “Just as white Southern Democrats once used cynical manipulations — poll taxes, grandfather clauses, literacy tests — to get around the 15th Amendment,†Reed writes, “so modern-day Republicans have deployed blacks to undermine black interests.â€
    That’s it exactly. Indeed, that’s what the Tea Party was always about: undermining black interests.
    When Herman Cain — another inconveniently black man — was the overwhelming preference among Tea Party activists for the Republican presidential nomination, a historian writing in the New York Times suggested that Cain could be seen as proof the legacy of the Ku Klux Klan lives on.
    You know you’ve been pounding a square peg into a round hole for too long when you find yourself insinuating that a black man from Georgia represents the KKK tradition in contemporary politics.
    More recently, liberal writers apparently convinced themselves that Republican opposition to Susan Rice becoming the next secretary of state was payback for the Emancipation or something.
    “Angry over the reelection of the nation’s first black president,†vented a writer for The American Prospect, “a handful of old white senators — one of whom hails from the cradle of the Confederacy — launch hysterical and dishonest attacks on . . . a well-qualified African American woman.â€
    The Washington Post editorial board connected the dots, too, finding it important to note that of the Republican legislators expressing their reservations about Rice, “nearly half are from states of the former Confederacy.â€
    Of course, the same racist representatives of Dixie also thought it fine to confirm Colin Powell and Condoleezza Rice for the same job.
    It’s like a metastasizing cancer of delusion. Jim Sleeper, a lecturer at Yale and once a relatively sober-minded liberal writer, insists that opposition to gun control has something to do with the segregationist mind-set. Or something.
    To watch MSNBC is to think the hosts see themselves as the official newsletter of the Underground Railroad.
    Sure, there are racists in the Republican party. (There are some in the Democratic party, too.) And if you define racism as disagreeing with the Congressional Black Caucus or Barack Obama, the GOP is racist to the bone.
    But the inconvenient truth is that conservatives are not only not racist, they aren’t a fraction as obsessed with race as liberals are.
    Of course, that lack of obsession is no doubt itself proof of conservative racism. And why shouldn’t it be? Everything else is.

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/336257/tired-race-card-jonah-goldberg

2. I invented that

I invented that VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    shit like this doesn't help either.

[video=youtube;O2G5GwnQMmE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=O2G5GwnQMmE[/video]

3. stripes

stripes New Member VIP

Reputations:
    ya, if it wasnt for the self rightous libs, all the black folks would be slaving away on red state plantations....is the gist. that was at the libs convention, not some left wing retarded radio host but actually applauded at the democratic national convention...politics is like religion, divides people up with stoopud shit propaganda to ultimately conquer their sheepish beleivers into coughing up their money & support to fight their respective bogeymen....& we all fall for it...keep fighting over the petty shit that doesnt matter folks, just what those crooked bastids want....

4. I invented that

Reputations:
    you're a pretty smart cat.

5. stripes

stripes New Member VIP

Reputations:
    i've picked up a little wisdom over my 9 lives:c

6. SiriusDawg

SiriusDawg New Member

Reputations:
    Interesting....another right-winger bringing up race.....in trying to claim that liberals always bring up race.

Funny how we see more of these articles than any actual liberals bringing up race.

It is basically the Republicans way of crying like babies that the country rejects their idiotic ideas. Since Republicans are not intelligent enough to actually talk their way into the hearts/minds of Americans, they will do what they do best....race-bait, crying like babies, and blame everyone but themselves.

7. stripes

stripes New Member VIP

Reputations:
    nice description of the media darlings 2012 campaign

8. SiriusDawg

SiriusDawg New Member

Reputations:
    Eh, they won, you lost.

Loser

9. stripes

stripes New Member VIP

Reputations:
    nobel peace prize

10. SiriusDawg

SiriusDawg New Member

Reputations:
    Yes, that is another trophy for him to hang on the wall.

Must drive people like you crazy with jealousy

11. stripes

stripes New Member VIP

Reputations:
    i really dont think like you, & not many adults do btw. you're a one way party idiot, we all know your type & where you stand before you even say anything, you aint too complicated.. i was just reflecting on the wonderfulness of hopey changy time magazine man of the year:hat:

12. Bosch76

Bosch76 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I know you would prefer our President cause the needless deaths of 100,000s or trade arms for hostages, but they can't all be Reagan or GW.

13. stripes

stripes New Member VIP

Reputations:
    the "but looky what bushy did" defense of the current lying scumbag in washington is ponderous. gubment as usual & you deserve it.

14. stripes

stripes New Member VIP

Reputations:
    if nothing else, just read the first paragraph in the first post & then you might be able to reply with some relevancy to this threads point....or just spout of with your partys next talking point , just run down the list because that never gets old...:coffee:

15. 1Vegasgirl

1Vegasgirl VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    The Country lost.

16. I invented that

Reputations:
    Obama part 1 was great so good i can hardly wait for the sequel.

17. 1Vegasgirl

1Vegasgirl VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I'm still shocked that there were enough dummies and enough voter fraud for them to pull off the win. Part 2 will not be fun once all these new taxes and laws start kicking in.

18. stripes

stripes New Member VIP

Reputations:
    the old adage, most sequels are a bad idea applies here. or to counterpoint, if you liked the first term, you're really gonna like the 2nd.

19. SiriusDawg

SiriusDawg New Member

Reputations:
    Why is it wrong to point out what happened under Bush?

I mean, when I hear you cry about this....it comes off to me as if you have no answer to the "Look what they did under Bush" point and simply want the question to go away so you won't look bad when it is brought up.

Do I need to get into the fact that even through 2010 we had Republicans crying about Clinton 24/7?

20. SiriusDawg

SiriusDawg New Member

Reputations:
    8 years of W. will cause this country to lose for years to come with wars and recessions and surplus to deficits.