Ralph's Priest Abuser

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by joyceface, Aug 27, 2012.

1. joyceface

joyceface Queen of Everything VIP

Reputations:
    Since they were replaying this story I decided to look this up.
    here's the dude:
    Father James Hanley

[​IMG]
    Former Catholic priest and admitted child molester James Hanley pleaded guilty today to a weapons offense in connection with an unrelated incident at a Secaucus motel last year.
    James Hanley, 71, who had rejected several earlier plea offers, will avoid jail time by pleading guilty to unlawful possession of a weapon, admitting he used an aluminum bat to intimidate three employees of the Extended Stay Hotel in 2006. The hotel's desk clerk had told authorities Hanley became belligerent after the 23-year-old clerk rebuffed his sexual advances.
    Sentencing is scheduled for Dec. 7. Under the agreement, the judge will count the year Hanley spent in jail for missing a court date last October as ample punishment.
    Hanley had rejected the same plea deal twice Tuesday - despite the urging of two judges - as jury selection was about to begin for his Superior Court trial in Jersey City. He earlier had rejected the offer on two other occasions.
    Hanley, walking with the help of a cane and looking frail and disheveled with a scraggly, unkempt beard, was released and left court without commenting after Judge Paul DePascale accepted his plea.
    The former Catholic priest was removed from the clergy in 2003 after admitting, in a sworn statement for a civil lawsuit, that he sexually abused about a dozen child parishioners in Mendham and Pompton Plains between 1968 and 1982.
    He was never prosecuted for those offenses, however, because the statute of limitations had expired.
    In 2004, the Diocese of Paterson settled lawsuits with 21 of Hanley's accusers for nearly $5 million.

2. itpdude

itpdude New Member

Reputations:
    Until I was 8, I went to Catholic Church regularly. Did the Sunday School stuff, etc. Then my father's father died and that stuff stopped. Apparently paps thought he shoulda been exempt from personal tragedy or something.

Anyways, I never was molested and given all the coverage and attention to these priests diddling little boys, I'm a bit peeved.

I mean, what was wrong with ME??? I think I was a cute kid, too!

3. gilaet

gilaet Xanax Service Dog Staff Member

Reputations:
  4. Snotty

Snotty My Snothand be strong!!! VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Ralphiecakes has never gotten over the loss of his older lover.......

5. Snotty

Snotty My Snothand be strong!!! VIP Gold

Reputations:
    ???????????

6. joyceface

joyceface Queen of Everything VIP

Reputations:
    If there was ever a poster child for a priest sex abuser Father Hanley is IT! Would you have left your kid in the hands of that man??

7. usedtampon

usedtampon Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The Catholic Church is like a million Penn States. Here in Canada thousands of kids were molested in schools, orphanages , and churches. If you do the math, it works out to millions worldwide, and the church has never given a shit except when they lost $$$ getting sued. If someone molested kids on the west coast, they moved them to fresh meat in the middle of the country, then to the east coast, then to Europe, then Africa. Yet I see people crossing themselves and eating wafers.