Ray Lewis forever mum on role in unsolved slay

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Nemo, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/the_tarnish_on_ray_halo_YRCbY3bSvvbhKA5AvqpmbM

On THE evening of Jan. 30, 2000, Ray Lewis was looking to party. He had flown to Atlanta to watch Super Bowl XXXIV and booked himself into the luxury Georgian hotel. He’d also brought along his personal driver, Duane Fassett, to chauffeur a stretch Lincoln Navigator: 37 feet long, 14 seats, $3,000 a day.

On this night, Lewis turned himself out: white-and-black suit, full-length black mink coat and what would later be described as “enough rock to break the bank.†A few nights earlier, he had met a gorgeous woman named Jessica Robertson at a party thrown by Magic Johnson, and it was she — not Lewis’ pregnant fiancée — who was his date for the evening.

What Lewis and his crew were doing before they arrived at around 1 a.m. at the Cobalt Club, in Atlanta’s party-centric Buckhead district, remains unclear. The Cobalt had a blue neon glow and a V.V.I.P room. Baseball star David Justice had been there earlier, as had Tony Gonzalez, then of the Kansas City Chiefs, but Lewis held court on the first floor, near the door, so everyone would notice.

With him were Joseph Sweeting, a strip-club promoter who’d been friends with Lewis since college, and Reginald Oakley, who’d recently worked his way into Lewis’ circle through friends of friends. They were getting to know each other better, though; the day before, the three men had gone shopping at a Sports Authority store, where Sweeting and Oakley bought folding knives.

“Smooth†was how Lewis would later describe his mood at Cobalt; he’d had four Rémy Martin cognacs while luxuriating in the attention of half-dressed women and an ever-expanding entourage. He was 24 years old and had a four-year contract worth $26 million. He had just dropped more than $100,000 shopping, and the necklace he was wearing — a gold door-stopper studded with diamonds — was one of his recent acquisitions...........................................
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

At around 3:30 in the morning, Lewis and his crew of about 10 headed outside, where Oakley began to get aggressive with two other clubgoers — themselves part of a group of about 10. Oakley kept at it and got whacked on the side of the head with a champagne bottle. Then, Lewis would later testify, “all hell broke loose at that point. Everybody was throwing fists. Everybody was punching.â€

Everyone, that is, except Ray Lewis, who testified that while all this was going on, he calmly rested against his limo, watching as his friend Sweeting was dragged and assaulted by two huge men.

[​IMG]

“I don’t fight,†Lewis testified. “Period.â€

Lewis wasn’t so calm, though, when two young men collapsed in the street, covered in blood. Lewis yelled at Robertson and his crew to get in the limo, and they scrambled and sped away as guns were fired at their tires. Minutes later, when the car came to a stop in a parking lot, Lewis took control of the situation.

“Everybody just shut the f--k up!†he yelled. “This ain’t going to come back on nobody but me.â€

Meanwhile, those two young men lay dying in street: Richard Lollar, 24, and Jacinth Baker, 21. Both had records — Lollar for possession of marijuana, while Baker was wanted for violating probation on gun possession — and had recently moved to Atlanta from Akron, Ohio. Baker wanted to be an artist; Lollar, whose fiancée was pregnant, was a barber.

“These guys were slaughtered,†said Cindy Lollar-Owens, Richard’s aunt. “Like someone was getting a kick out of it.â€

Lollar suffered five stab wounds: two to the heart, one to the chest and two to the abdomen. Baker, too, was stabbed directly in the heart and in the liver. Both died before they made it to the hospital. Baker’s face was beaten so badly that, he had a closed casket at his wake. Both men were buried in Akron, 24 miles from the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio.

After racing from the scene, Lewis’ limo didn’t return to his hotel, the Georgian, but instead to the Holiday Inn Express where Sweeting was staying. Lewis then took a cab back to the Georgian.

It didn’t take long for police to find the limo, shot through with bullet holes, blood in the interior. It sat just a mile from the crime scene, and when cops walked into the lobby, they found Lewis’ driver, Fassett, trembling and chain-smoking.

Fassett told the police he’d seen Sweeting, Oakley and Lewis all fighting and provided details that only an eyewitness could know. He said he’d heard Oakley boast, “I stabbed mine,†and Sweeting reply, “I stabbed mine, too.€ When police got to Lewis’ room, they found blood there, too — but not Lewis, who had fled to his fiancée’s family home..................................

2. IlluminatiJones

IlluminatiJones New Member

Reputations:
    Why is this a big deal again?

:uscratch:

Does anybody really miss those two guys?!? Even their own families/friends took a payout over justice, didn't they? That kind of tells you the level they were at, doesn't it?

:uscratch:

I bet neither of them could have started for the Arena Lingerie League, let alone been a Super Bowl MVP.

Also, Ray's helped a lot of people throughout his career; much more than 2, I'd venture to guess.

If you want to make an omelette......................

3. MyLazyHand

MyLazyHand Russia and France Know What to Do

Reputations:

Yeah, who cares if Ray Lewis murdered some people and then lied about it. Who cares if he EVENTUALLY pled guilty and NO ONE was convicted of the murders.

Oh wait, I care.

4. NoddinOff

NoddinOff New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    If some stupid group of A group of lovely people kill two people who apparently were not the instigators of the fight according to the article than that worthless fucking monkey belongs in prison for the rest of his life. You can tell by looking at his stupid Reggie face that hes that type of person. A group of lovely people are :shit:

5. RumBalls

RumBalls The original RumBalls, est. Jan 16, 2012

Reputations:
    Lewis is a piece of shit. Hopefully the 49'ers hand him his ass next Sunday

6. peterfonda

peterfonda Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I second the motion. I hate the Ravens.

7. peterfonda

peterfonda Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This reminds me: when was the last time Howard had Daniel Carver on? Must be years. Guess the new, improved liberal Howard wants us to forget that he used to regularly have a former Grand Wizard of the KKK on his show. Bullshit.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2013
  8. usedtampon

usedtampon Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    If a black guy hit a white guy on the head with a champagne bottle and there was a fight, many here would want the white guys to kill the black guys. Because Ray Lewis was involved, suddenly a black guy who had a criminal record and used a bottle to start it all is pure and innocent. Some folks are just determined to be racist. Are you racist Jews by any chance, because if you want racism, there's plenty to go around.

9. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
  10. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    Shitpiles makes an unintentional good point.
    Black people and lefty media do NOT care about murdered black people when said murder is committed by other black people.
    Not only did Lewis and his crew evade prison they turned attention whore Ray into a folk hero.
    :coffee:

11. Mr. Potato Head

Mr. Potato Head ~Would Like to Play~ Gold

Reputations:

:lol:

I used to fuck guys like you in prison!

12. Mr. Potato Head

Mr. Potato Head ~Would Like to Play~ Gold

Reputations:
  13. cah155

cah155 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    100% agreed. Go niners

14. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    Kaeper-nicka please.....you know what to do what to do!

15. isabella

isabella VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    let's hope he spends his way into bankruptcy...that's what eventually happens to these morons.

diamond encrusted necklaces? 37 ft limos? black mink coats? what is with these silly creatures? do they have self esteem issues?
    i guess the lesson we have learned is that one's past even if a bit tainted can lead to redemption. i'm sure he has turned his life around and is now, a kind and humble man.:rolleye:

16. YokoOhNo

YokoOhNo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The guy is a piece of shit....didn't he also pull a hit and run and killed another guy? He is the epitome of a nagger

17. dude

dude New Member

Reputations:
    First time I ever read about what happened. Sounds like the kind of shit that happens all the time at these clubs. Large groups go together and someone "disrespects" someone, and the next thing you know the guns and knives come out.

18. The Cocksman

The Cocksman Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Ray Lewis said all he was going to say 10 years ago in court.He's a punk and a thug and a great football player.

19. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    dissing at party
    dissed returns to party
    sprays crowd with bullets
    is easily 50 percent of the shootings in NYC.
    :facepalm:

can urban Americans gather in large numbers and not resort to violence?

20. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    Raven....Jermaine Lewis?